oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Preston 1-2 (Fletcher)

I think I have reached a new low tonight, my phone pinged to say we had scored, I shrugged my shoulders, it pinged again to say they had scored, I shrugged my shoulders, on the third ping I didn't even bother looking. Total apathy now rules until he is gone from my club and replaced with a forward looking young manager.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't blame Pulis for tonight I don't think, as the game turned on the red card. That being said, when I was leaving the ground tonight I found myself wishing more than ever that Pulis would get the bullet.

The atmosphere was akin to a library prior to the sending off. There was absolutely no chance that there were 21,000 people there, and it started reminding me of the half-empty attendances under Strachan. The man's sucked the life out the club, its blindingly evident. There wasn't even any anger or dismay when Preston got their second around where I was sitting, just general apathy. People could see it coming a mile off.

Not really anything wrong with the substitutions he made, but there was never any chance we were going to go on and win that game when they equalised.

Just back from the match, I wasn't gonna go but I changed my mind at the last minute.

Thought we played alright until the red card and were clearly the better team, we should have been 2 or 3 up before the ref intervened. From where I was sat it looked like Ayala took the ball and got some of the man as well, it was a very heavy challenge but I'd like to see it again to know whether it should have stood or not.

After that the game was a bit strange, we made a defensive substitution, then change it again not long after and get ourselves into a wide open end to end game.

I don't blame Pulis for tonight really but I'd still sack him if it was up to me, then again I would have sacked him 6 months ago.

It's hard to see anything other than us getting spanked on Saturday and it's gonna be a real challenge now to cling onto a playoff spot.

Ref costs us the game, Pulis made some poor decisions with the subs and their timings and Britt is the laziest striker I've ever seen, anyone know his conversion rate???

Just to add fuel onto the attendance fire one of the turnstile counters in the west stand was at 200 rotations before they opened. Still no where near as low as under Strachan though.

Also anyone know when we last lost 4 in a row?

Ref costs us the game, Pulis made some poor decisions with the subs and their timings and Britt is the laziest striker I've ever seen, anyone know his conversion rate???

Just to add fuel onto the attendance fire one of the turnstile counters in the west stand was at 200 rotations before they opened. Still no where near as low as under Strachan though.

Britt again? Jeez

Britt again? Jeez

Yeah I know it's like a broken record

Britt again? Jeez

OK I'm going to do it, Brit scores once in every 6.4 shots at goal.

Mbappe scores once in every 4.8 shots at goal, not so long ago it was 6. To me, taking into account the players Mbappe has around him, creating space and chances, considering he's one of the most coveted forwards on the planet and considering Britts ratio has plumetted since the muppet show took over, id say he stacks up OK and maybe the problem lies elsewhere? Edit Messi 5.1 ratio Ronaldo 8.8 shots per goal

Britt again? Jeez

OK I'm going to do it, Brit scores once in every 6.4 shots at goal.

Mbappe scores once in every 4.8 shots at goal, not so long ago it was 6. To me, taking into account the players Mbappe has around him, creating space and chances, considering he's one of the most coveted forwards on the planet and considering Britts ratio has plumetted since the muppet show took over, id say he stacks up OK and maybe the problem lies elsewhere? .

Thanks for this I actaully did want to know his shot conversion rate! I still don't believe he's a hard working forward and needs someone to play that role with him. In a more creative team he would probably have a much better conversion rate. Any idea what it was pre-Pulis? (Also Pulis again? Jeez)

We were bossing that game until the red card. Ridiculous decision by the ref (who I thought was having a decent game until that point). The red card and sucker punch of an equaliser took all the wind out of our sails. We're just meandering towards another season in the championship, hopefully with a fresh manager (not that I blame him for tonight)

Having seen the challenge back... that's a red from me. He goes in at speed with two feet off the ground and his studs showing. I'm sorry.  :crying: :crying:

Don't apologise. It's a clear red. If it was against us we'd be screaming for a red. Dangerous.

So who is to blame? Just Ayala for a bad decision tonight. Just the strikers for not scoring 3? Just the defense for conceding 2? Just the ref for making a good decision?

Or someone else? Someone who is maybe a common denominator in All or our poor results amd/or performances????

Having seen the challenge back... that's a red from me. He goes in at speed with two feet off the ground and his studs showing. I'm sorry.  :crying: :crying:

What?!? I’ve watched the video about 10 times now and he’s clearly in contact with the ground (therefore in control), he’s not high and he wins the ball cleanly with very little contact with the man.

What?!? I’ve watched the video about 10 times now and he’s clearly in contact with the ground (therefore in control), he’s not high and he wins the ball cleanly with very little contact with the man.

D1k0bEAWwAAOxiI.jpg