oneBoro Forum

A personal letter to Steve Gibson and a new poll

Should Tony Pulis be sacked  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tony Pulis be sacked

I am genuinely staggered THREE people still voted no.

THREE.

It wouldn’t let me vote, but I think he’ll be at the club until the end of the season, then Woodgate will take over. If this is true, there is probably not a lot of point sacking Pulis now, what would Gibson stand to gain?

A lot of good will and at least one extra season ticket renewal.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but can’t you buy season tickets all summer?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pulis won't be sacked, he'll just leave at the end of the season.   The Gazette will roll out how he has "transformed" the behind the scenes of the club, without giving specific examples.   Woodg

I am genuinely staggered THREE people still voted no.

THREE.

It wouldn’t let me vote, but I think he’ll be at the club until the end of the season, then Woodgate will take over. If this is true, there is probably not a lot of point sacking Pulis now, what would Gibson stand to gain?

A lot of good will and at least one extra season ticket renewal.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but can’t you buy season tickets all summer?

Not at the same price, and I’m certainly not going to line the clubs pockets with extra money because they can’t make a decision when it needs to be made.

Voted yes when previously I said I was happy with him, that was a while ago though when we were winning some games.

I can honestly say that I believe we will drop out of the playoff places if he remains in charge until the end of the season.

If the poll is an accurate figure (I know it's a tiny sample) if means that of 20000 ish season ticket holders, around 1500 still want him here.

That is both a tiny amount given how many want him gone (if accurate), but also a huge number. Surely 1500 people can't still believe he is the right man. Can they????

I don’t think a poll that 39 people have voted can be in anyway representative of 20,000 season ticket holders tudders

Its a pity there wasn't the same poll a*** the 20000 season ticket holders because I think Gibson's *** would hit the ground when he sees the result, nobody where I sit in the North Stand wants him here fact.

I don’t think a poll that 39 people have voted can be in anyway representative of 20,000 season ticket holders tudders

Its a pity there wasn't the same poll a*** the 20000 season ticket holders because I think Gibson's *** would hit the ground when he sees the result, nobody where I sit in the North Stand wants him here fact.

That’s as maybe, but are you and them, refusing to renew your season cards? Many renew out of either habit, a sense of duty, or just because they enjoy the day out with friends, I think opinions are far more polarised on message boards.

Make that 40 as I cannot seem to get the bloody poll to work, but guess what I want him gone. I have to admire your stick ability Blanco but what are you seeing that the rest of us are not ?

Make that 40 as I cannot seem to get the bloody poll to work, but guess what I want him gone. I have to admire your stick ability Blanco but what are you seeing that the rest of us are not ?

Well seeing as it’s you pikerman and you respect different opinions, I will give you a couple of reasons why I think it would be the wrong thing to do, to sack the manager.

Most people seem to agree that the club is a mess from the top down. The top people ie Gibson, Bauser etc are not going to be going anywhere anytime soon. In my opinion the team needs a manager that they have respect for, or to put it another way, someone they almost fear in a way. An Alex Ferguson light so to speak. We are a championship team and Tony Pulis is as good as we can hope for that the board would almost be afraid to upset. Monk didn’t carry that respect and Woodgate wouldn’t either. I have yet to see any proposals for an alternative manager that would carry the kudos required to get the club moving back in the right direction. Except maybe Sam Allerdyce and I don’t think the fans would view him too much different to Pulis. If the club are genuinely facing into financial difficulties, the we need a strong manager to be at the helm.

I am 100% aware that my views are in the minority however, it is my opinion and I stand by it. I am not going to spend my evening going over this again and again and I certainly won’t be replying to any abusive retorts to what is after all, merely my honest opinion.

Admire your resolution blanco but I just dont see the evidence to back it up. Whens the last time a player came out and said something positive about how the manager sets us up or takes training? I look at that team and dont see a single player enjoying themselves.

I’m not too good on body language NB4 but lots of the players have said that they think he is a good man manager including Clayton and Downing who are not even playing at the moment

Im in 2 minds tbh, I can see the argument for not sacking him. My main coons are:

- who would come to replace him for 10 games? I wouldn’t want to employ or next full time manager in these circumstances.

- I’m 50/50 on wether anyone else would do any better with this squad

- our general form/results this season suggests we WILL finish in the play offs as we are.