oneBoro Forum

Boro V Norwich City 0-1

Ooops sorry i must be on the wrong site..i thought this was for BORO FANS. hopefully we will win this game and stay in the playoff positions. My prediction a tough game against a good side but we will win 2-1.

Fair play to you Onme'eadson. I totally agree with you, it doesn't look like a Boro fans forum at the moment

I dunno, it looks exactly like one to me.  What is it about our recent form that you think gives us a good chance of winning tomorrow?  A Boro fan would have a reasonable grasp of how their team are playing you'd suppose.  It's easy to make little comments but how about you, either of you, give a detailed post about the game and why we'll win and we can all have a read of it to see what we think?

I said hopefully...if you have no hope you have no life.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

No idea what that has to do with an explanation of why we'll win the game?

We all hope we'll win but that doesn't mean that everyone believes we will win and those that don't believe we'll win are still Boro fans. Do you get that?

I miss our home record in the Championship under Karanka. Going into every big home game there was a feeling of confidence that we knew we could beat anyone. Now there's just dread and fear as we know we're going to be defending all game with the hope of nicking a goal from either an opposition mistake or set piece. I miss them days.

I miss our home record in the Championship under Karanka. Going into every big home game there was a feeling of confidence that we knew we could beat anyone. Now there's just dread and fear as we know we're going to be defending all game with the hope of nicking a goal from either an opposition mistake or set piece. I miss them days.

Almost took it for granted back then didn't we... teams would turn up at the riverside, pack their box, and hope for a 0-0 at best. Conceding a goal was a freak occurrence. Now even bottom 10 teams have the confidence to come here and thump us.

Championship table I look at it and weep.

The league table looks so false with Boro sitting in 5th spot a point ahead with a game in hand on the 2 below us.

Then you look at goals scored and Boro have scored 40 and then you have to look down the table to Stoke Cty who have scored less and then you have a jump to the bottom 2 and they have scored less. Only 3 teams have a worse scoring record than Boro.

How the hell could anybody think we could survive in the Premier League with tactics like this fella lays out.

I am sorry but Pulis has to go.

My only dread is that if we win tomorrow, it is brownie points in his bag and a possibility for Boro to stay in the playoffs to the end of the season.  

Worst of all is Gibson may look favourably on this and we could end up starting next season with the same manager.

I really do not think I could take yet another season with Pulis as manager.

Maybe its time to cut my wrists and end all of this pain.

We all hope we'll win but that doesn't mean that everyone believes we will win and those that don't believe we'll win are still Boro fans. Do you get that?

Im very sorry for posting something that doesnt meet your high standards of complete analysis, but i still hope we win. I'll never do it again, i promise.

We all hope we'll win but that doesn't mean that everyone believes we will win and those that don't believe we'll win are still Boro fans.   Do you get that?

Im very sorry for posting something that doesnt meet your high standards of complete analysis, but i still hope we win. I'll never do it again, i promise.

You were having a dig at the people who post on this forum as was Blanco.

Tony Pulis's reign is a bit like the Brexit negotiations. The same thing keeps not happening, over and over, and everyone is really frustrated about the situation. But the only person with enough authority to effect meaningful change keeps ploughing remorselessly along the same path like a Terminator robot, to no avail. Meanwhile, everyone else becomes increasingly bitter and cynical about the whole process, and years of potential are wasted.

We all hope we'll win but that doesn't mean that everyone believes we will win and those that don't believe we'll win are still Boro fans.   Do you get that?

Absolutely not. I love the Boro end of.....

Tony Pulis's reign is a bit like the Brexit negotiations. The same thing keeps not happening, over and over, and everyone is really frustrated about the situation. But the only person with enough authority to effect meaningful change keeps ploughing remorselessly along the same path like a Terminator robot, to no avail. Meanwhile, everyone else becomes increasingly bitter and cynical about the whole process, and years of potential are wasted.

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment. Brexit has two compassionate groups those that belive in democracy and thoses that don’t. There is no one I know who supports Pulis.

They're part of a break away group, they do a weekly update of "who's the best fan" and compete nail and tooth for the title - I think you win a cap and a rosette to wear constantly so others can admire you for the *** you are.

They're part of a break away group, they do a weekly update of "who's the best fan" and compete nail and tooth for the title - I think you win a cap and a rosette to wear constantly so others can admire you for the *** you are.

Good heavens. No wonder nobody bothers with you lot. I still HOPE we win.

Just looked at the table and we could be down to 8th today with a defeat, this looks like quite a realistic possibility as well when you look at the other fixtures.

For the sake of season ticket sales the pressure is really on the team in the next few games.

Going to the game today for the first time in a few weeks (my wife's just had a baby so couldn't get away!), and a couple of thoughts struck me.

I'm genuinely more excited to see Norwich play, than us play today. I haven't really seen much of them this season, and they seem to be one of the most exciting teams in the division, so I'm interested to watch how they set up, and how they play football. It was the same last year when Wolves came to the Riverside towards the end of the season. It turned out to be a really good game, but I enjoyed watching them play football, and the speed in which they passed the ball around and got behind our defenders. I remember feeling a pang of jealousy towards the away end, probably similar to how Bolton fans will have felt towards us in that game in April 2016. Don't think it's a good sign when you're more excited about the opposition playing, than Boro.

I also feel like I don't really give a toss about the result. I'm sure some people on here will take that to mean that I'm not a 'real fan' like them. I've supported Boro for 27 years, and always will, but I feel a distinct lack of pride about the club at the moment.

The mackems are all excited about going to Wembley this weekend, 40,000 of them going down and making a weekend of it. All have pride restored in the club, and are excited about the prospect of winning a trophy at Wembley, albeit the Checkatrade trophy.

I want that sort of buzz and excitement back at the Riverside, and I'm not going to feel that whilst this moron is managing our club.

Used to be on the fence about Pulis, and was happy to give him time, but honestly in these last few weeks I've turned into wanting him gone more than anyone at the club before.