oneBoro Forum

Boro V Norwich City 0-1

Going to the game today for the first time in a few weeks (my wife's just had a baby so couldn't get away!), and a couple of thoughts struck me.

I'm genuinely more excited to see Norwich play, than us play today. I haven't really seen much of them this season, and they seem to be one of the most exciting teams in the division, so I'm interested to watch how they set up, and how they play football. It was the same last year when Wolves came to the Riverside towards the end of the season. It turned out to be a really good game, but I enjoyed watching them play football, and the speed in which they passed the ball around and got behind our defenders. I remember feeling a pang of jealousy towards the away end, probably similar to how Bolton fans will have felt towards us in that game in April 2016. Don't think it's a good sign when you're more excited about the opposition playing, than Boro.

I also feel like I don't really give a toss about the result. I'm sure some people on here will take that to mean that I'm not a 'real fan' like them. I've supported Boro for 27 years, and always will, but I feel a distinct lack of pride about the club at the moment.

The mackems are all excited about going to Wembley this weekend, 40,000 of them going down and making a weekend of it. All have pride restored in the club, and are excited about the prospect of winning a trophy at Wembley, albeit the Checkatrade trophy.

I want that sort of buzz and excitement back at the Riverside, and I'm not going to feel that whilst this moron is managing our club.

Used to be on the fence about Pulis, and was happy to give him time, but honestly in these last few weeks I've turned into wanting him gone more than anyone at the club before.

Yeah i felt the same watching Wolves last season, they were superb to watch. They were the best team I've seen at this level for some time.

And, congratulations!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Going to the game today for the first time in a few weeks (my wife's just had a baby so couldn't get away!), and a couple of thoughts struck me.

I'm genuinely more excited to see Norwich play, than us play today. I haven't really seen much of them this season, and they seem to be one of the most exciting teams in the division, so I'm interested to watch how they set up, and how they play football. It was the same last year when Wolves came to the Riverside towards the end of the season. It turned out to be a really good game, but I enjoyed watching them play football, and the speed in which they passed the ball around and got behind our defenders. I remember feeling a pang of jealousy towards the away end, probably similar to how Bolton fans will have felt towards us in that game in April 2016. Don't think it's a good sign when you're more excited about the opposition playing, than Boro.

I also feel like I don't really give a toss about the result. I'm sure some people on here will take that to mean that I'm not a 'real fan' like them. I've supported Boro for 27 years, and always will, but I feel a distinct lack of pride about the club at the moment.

The mackems are all excited about going to Wembley this weekend, 40,000 of them going down and making a weekend of it. All have pride restored in the club, and are excited about the prospect of winning a trophy at Wembley, albeit the Checkatrade trophy.

I want that sort of buzz and excitement back at the Riverside, and I'm not going to feel that whilst this moron is managing our club.

Used to be on the fence about Pulis, and was happy to give him time, but honestly in these last few weeks I've turned into wanting him gone more than anyone at the club before.

Congratulations on the new baby Jimmy

Just looked at the table and we could be down to 8th today with a defeat, this looks like quite a realistic possibility as well when you look at the other fixtures.

For the sake of season ticket sales the pressure is really on the team in the next few games.

The pressure is on Gibson to get rid of Pulis to rescue the ticket sales. At least if we stay down which I think most have accepted is what will happen

Congratulations on the little 'un Jimmy!

Can't say I'm looking forward to this afternoon. Don't like 5.30pm kick offs. Feel like I'm just hanging around for the football.

I'll predict 3-1 Norwich

At least the weather is nice.

Just looked at the table and we could be down to 8th today with a defeat, this looks like quite a realistic possibility as well when you look at the other fixtures.

For the sake of season ticket sales the pressure is really on the team in the next few games.

The pressure is on Gibson to get rid of Pulis to rescue the ticket sales. At least if we stay down which I think most have accepted is what will happen

Oh yeah I think that goes without saying but it doesn't look like Gibson will act before the end of the season. The problem then is the early bird deadline will have passed and the prices will shoot up.

It's a catch 22 situation for me at the moment, there's no way I'm renewing unless there's changes made. However, even if they sack Pulis at the end of the season I'm not sure I'll be paying another 25% extra unless it's a new manager that gets me excited again.

For a decent value season ticket you need to renew now really but it feels like the club has us and itself over a barrel. I don't think an early bird deadline helps anyone.

Congratulations Jimmy, enjoy this new chapter of your life.

I shall watch the game later, i’m Happy (I think) that it’s a late kick off, I’m off to watch Brighton v Saints at 3, I’m actually looking forward to that match more than the Boro game. Maybe it’s because it’ll be s bit of live football, maybe it’s because of Pulis and his tactics.

Congrats on the new addition, Jimmy.

According to a couple of lads over on Come On Boro, Assombalonga and Fletcher start up front today but Wing isn't in the squad at all.  Three central defenders, Shotton and Friend as wingbacks, Saville, Howson and Mikel in midfield.

No idea what that has to do with an explanation of why we'll win the game?

We all hope we'll win but that doesn't mean that everyone believes we will win and those that don't believe we'll win are still Boro fans.   Do you get that?

Im very sorry for posting something that doesnt meet your high standards of complete analysis, but i still hope we win. I'll never do it again, i promise.

You were having a dig at the people who post on this forum as was Blanco.

Absolutely not. I love the Boro end of.....

Then there would be no reason to mention the forum at all end of...  :P

No idea what that has to do with an explanation of why we'll win the game?

We all hope we'll win but that doesn't mean that everyone believes we will win and those that don't believe we'll win are still Boro fans.   Do you get that?

Im very sorry for posting something that doesnt meet your high standards of complete analysis, but i still hope we win. I'll never do it again, i promise.

You were having a dig at the people who post on this forum as was Blanco.

They're part of a break away group, they do a weekly update of "who's the best fan" and compete nail and tooth for the title - I think you win a cap and a rosette to wear constantly so others can admire you for the *** you are.

Good heavens. No wonder nobody bothers with you lot. I still HOPE we win.

We all hope we win, we're ***ed off because the twonk in charge does very little to reward out hope