oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bristol City 0-1

If we lose on the weekend, can he actually stay on after 6 defeats in a row? Who's the last manager to lose 6 games in a row and not get sacked, especially when the team is supposed to be at the top end of the table, not the bottom.

He shouldn't be here now, he's lost the players and he's lost the fans. He's only here because we can't afford to sack him I'm convinced of it.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose on the weekend, can he actually stay on after 6 defeats in a row? Who's the last manager to lose 6 games in a row and not get sacked, especially when the team is supposed to be at the top end of the table, not the bottom.

He shouldn't be here now, he's lost the players and he's lost the fans. He's only here because we can't afford to sack him I'm convinced of it.

Agree with you completely. Just highlights Gibson's ineptitude when it comes to football.

Can't afford it... well that's a hell of an expensive gamble to start next season with a toxic dressing room and fanbase.

Anyone who thinks this can't get any worse needs to go watch the Sunderland documentary. This could get a lot worse before it gets better.

£3m? Might be the best £3m we ever spend.

boroinbishop it's not tonight it's been months of defensive dross, set out not to lose, go a goal behind and game over. Millions and millions in transfer fees on players, huge wage budgets and we know we have decent players yet we nearly always set out so defensively. The goals for column tells you all you need to know.

I completely agree with you mate, i don't want Pulis at this club a second longer, but just saying that the criticism has to be fair, it's not his fault that we miss so many chances, the change of shape killed us tonight, yes,, but as i say, if we take our chances in the first 55 minutes the game is over. I'm just calling for people to realise that the blame isn't being fairly dealt out.

boroinbishop it's not tonight it's been months of defensive dross, set out not to lose, go a goal behind and game over. Millions and millions in transfer fees on players, huge wage budgets and we know we have decent players yet we nearly always set out so defensively. The goals for column tells you all you need to know.

I completely agree with you mate, i don't want Pulis at this club a second longer, but just saying that the criticism has to be fair, it's not his fault that we miss so many chances, the change of shape killed us tonight, yes,, but as i say, if we take our chances in the first 55 minutes the game is over. I'm just calling for people to realise that the blame isn't being fairly dealt out.

Fairness went out the window months ago, he's robbed a living out of the club.

What would stop the club sending him on gardening leave while they run an 'investigation' into the downturn in performance/results?

Effectively removing him from his position without paying compensation prior to the expiry of his contract. Assuming that it's up at the end of the season.

Woody gets the gig till the end of the season, which in all likelihood was the plan after Pulis anyway.

Can't afford it... well that's a hell of an expensive gamble to start next season with a toxic dressing room and fanbase.

Anyone who thinks this can't get any worse needs to go watch the Sunderland documentary. This could get a lot worse before it gets better.

£3m? Might be the best £3m we ever spend.

Best Statement to encapsulate our situation, I remember vividly with 13 games to go Pulls was talking about us gate crashing the top two, "it's only a few wins, donno what these fans are mouning about....". I mean the guy says this club is for the fans, we will be here when all the crap is gone.....yet insists on making sure we taste the crap before he leaves for pastures new.

I respect TP as a human being, I'm pretty sure if I met him in a bar somewhere I'd share a drink with him and talk about how he achieve'd what he did without playing football, I bet it would be an insight I'd love to hear. But that's on my time not at the cost of him burying us into the ground to help prove his working point. In short I hate myself for loving football and loving a club that I have nothing tangible to connect to, besides the joy it brought a lonely kid that fell in love with a team with heart in the early noughties that took on the big clubs with very little in comparison but always came away with pride. I love my boro but holy*** this guy incharge is ruining everything I hold dear about my Boro. I can't even look at the color red without dieing a little inside.....

The apathy was palpable in the first 80 minutes. I knew they were going to score as soon as they got that corner. I didn't react when the goal went in.

I've never been one to call for the manager's head. I didn't want us to sack AK. I even thought Strachan would come good (I was a young naive student, don't judge). But I can't see us improving under Pulis. I was confident that he'd get us up, but I think having traore last year papered over a lot of the Pulis cracks last season. How we miss his pace (and his corners)

Gutted yet not suprised. What annoys me is that we know the outcome before the game. It's the same thing every single week.

It's not a bad thing if you bet against us, I've earnt a few quid by backing us to lose lately.

Absolute dirt

I do think TP has to go. The club feels paralysed with apathy and bad feeling. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we finished about 12th.

There is a recent precedent. Under Mogga in 2013 we were third at the turn of the year, and finished 16th. By April 2013 we’d played 17 - won four, drawn one, lost 12. However, the disconnect between club and fans was nothing like now.

Got back in the hotel to catch up. Did refresh the site while in the restaurant and it didn’t surprise one bit what I read. Poor from the players to miss supposedly big chances but I genuinely don’t think they are playing for the manager anymore. And that has a severe effect on their output. All of this falls back on the manager.

Everything from training, man management, tactics, motivation and pre match preparations smacks of a team and management that are so far from each other that the damage is done. He can’t lift them and that transfers onto the pitch. If he stays I wouldn’t be surprised if we finish the season with just one or two more wins.

Couldn't get on line to read the forum as the game was on. And found that I really wasn't that bothered about it. Got on this morning and saw the result and found that once again I have the feeling of resignation.

Due to my location I cant get to any games. But that never stopped me trying to watch/stream or follow a game in any way possible with a feeling of excitement, hope or expectation.

The feeling of expectation is still there, but it's negative. The feeling of hope and excitement is now one of apathy.

Can somebody please give me my Boro back. :disgusted: