oneBoro Forum
Foogle

Boro vs Swansea (A) 1-3 (Saville)

Shotton is just a terrible footballer.

He isn't in fairness.  I'm not his biggest fan but he isn't terrible.  However he is basically a central defender who got shifted to full back at some point and then stayed there and he does struggle at times when he's one on one with an opposition player.  Terrible is a touch harsh though.

Swansea as we speak are 5 points behind us in 13th with a game in hand. Were gonna finish bottom half. And pulis is still gonna say hes overachieving

Another day. Another loss. This could get really ugly. This is clearly not a team playing for their manager.

The stats are a very poor showing and now a goal down. Don’t believe there is away back so will chalk this up to six defeats in a row. Never in my 48 years of supporting BORO can I remember a worse team. Now two down and I expect a rout.

Maybe getting walloped 6 - 0 might just be the tipping point for Gibson?

It is all over now 2-0 and Bristol City losing to rub salt into the wounds

If SG does not sack the man today the he no longer deserves to be in charge of our loved club.

Custodian of an epic shambles

Shotton is just a terrible footballer.

He isn't in fairness.  I'm not his biggest fan but he isn't terrible.  However he is basically a central defender who got shifted to full back at some point and then stayed there and he does struggle at times when he's one on one with an opposition player.  Terrible is a touch harsh though.

Ye you may be right, he can clear and head things fairly effectively, but his passing and judgement are woefully poor at times.

When was the last time we lost 6 in a row?

2000. Apparently leann rhymes was top of the charts.

There was a picture on the Gazette website from one of the games at home against Leicester when we got gubbed 3-0.  I'm sure that was the game that someone threw the ball back from high up in the West Stand and it hit Robbo on the head to a lot of cheers...So that's how happy the fans were then  :@

Same inside ball they keep playing, was going to end in a goal eventually, as we failed to defend it well once.

Don't worry man. We're playing good football, just ask pulis and gibson

• Latest Posts

• Good post, @BluebirdinExile. We do have a manager who knows how to grind out results, but the players don't seem to be following his instructions lately! This is the sort of game that makes me glad I don't bet on results, because I have no idea what'll actually happen. We're hopelessly inconsistent atm.
    • Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.     Anyway after reading some comments about it will be a walk in a park for Cardiff, I dont think it will be.  We are beginning to look tired, we are not used to the high press we are currently playing at the moment, if the scores are remaining level after 70 mins then I can see you sneaking something. You have a manager who knows how to grind out results in this division, so its not all doom and gloom for you.   Anyway i hope we win on Saturday, but after that I hope you at least make the playoffs.    All the best to you 👍
    • What an absolutely stupid, pointless and annoying quiz. (9/22)
    • As the great Bill Bryson once said: It is not true that the English invented cricket as a way of making all other human endeavours look interesting and lively; that was merely an unintended side-effect. I don't wish to denigrate a sport that is enjoyed by millions, some of them awake and facing the right way, but it is an odd game. It is the only sport that incorporates meal breaks. It is the only sport that shares its name with an insect. It is the only sport in which spectators burn as many calories as players (more if they are moderately restless). It is the only competitive activity of any type, other than perhaps baking, in which you can dress in white from head to toe and be as clean at the end of the day as you were at the beginning. Imagine a form of baseball in which the pitcher, after each delivery, collects the ball from the catcher and walks slowly with it out to centre field; and that there, after a minute's pause to collect himself, he turns and runs full tilt towards the pitcher's mound before hurling the ball at the ankles of a man who stands before him wearing a riding hat, heavy gloves of the sort used to handle radioactive isotopes, and a mattress strapped to each leg. Imagine moreover that if this batsman fails to hit the ball in a way that heartens him sufficiently to waddle sixty feet with mattresses strapped to his legs he is under no formal compulsion to run; he may stand there all day, and, as a rule, does. If by some miracle he is coaxed into making a miss-stroke that leads him to being put out, all the fielders throw up their arms in triumph and have a big hug. Then tea is called and everyone retires happily to a distant pavilion to fortify for the next siege. Now imagine all this going on for so long that by the time the match concludes autumn has crept in and all your library books are overdue. There you have cricket.
    • Perversely, I think we might win this one. Warnock seems to be able to say all the right things to the players before games against good teams, and he'll know how to outfox Mick McCarthy. I imagine there are some angry players in our dressing room after that Monk-esque performance against Bristol City, and I could see us coming out of the blocks with a point to prove. However, a win is irrelevant to our promotion chances, because we'll then fall apart against Coventry and get embarrassed again. Rinse, repeat.