oneBoro Forum
Foogle

Boro vs Swansea (A) 1-3 (Saville)

Shotton is just a terrible footballer.

He isn't in fairness.  I'm not his biggest fan but he isn't terrible.  However he is basically a central defender who got shifted to full back at some point and then stayed there and he does struggle at times when he's one on one with an opposition player.  Terrible is a touch harsh though.

Swansea as we speak are 5 points behind us in 13th with a game in hand. Were gonna finish bottom half. And pulis is still gonna say hes overachieving

Another day. Another loss. This could get really ugly. This is clearly not a team playing for their manager.

The stats are a very poor showing and now a goal down. Don’t believe there is away back so will chalk this up to six defeats in a row. Never in my 48 years of supporting BORO can I remember a worse team. Now two down and I expect a rout.

Maybe getting walloped 6 - 0 might just be the tipping point for Gibson?

It is all over now 2-0 and Bristol City losing to rub salt into the wounds

If SG does not sack the man today the he no longer deserves to be in charge of our loved club.

Custodian of an epic shambles

Shotton is just a terrible footballer.

He isn't in fairness.  I'm not his biggest fan but he isn't terrible.  However he is basically a central defender who got shifted to full back at some point and then stayed there and he does struggle at times when he's one on one with an opposition player.  Terrible is a touch harsh though.

Ye you may be right, he can clear and head things fairly effectively, but his passing and judgement are woefully poor at times.

When was the last time we lost 6 in a row?

2000. Apparently leann rhymes was top of the charts.

There was a picture on the Gazette website from one of the games at home against Leicester when we got gubbed 3-0.  I'm sure that was the game that someone threw the ball back from high up in the West Stand and it hit Robbo on the head to a lot of cheers...So that's how happy the fans were then  :@

Same inside ball they keep playing, was going to end in a goal eventually, as we failed to defend it well once.

Don't worry man. We're playing good football, just ask pulis and gibson

• Latest Posts

• Platt was my boyhood keeper, couldn't kick a ball straight, unless he kicked it straight into touch, but he was excellent for years, I would rate him on par with Schwarzer and I think the Aussie would have helped to keep us up if he hadn't gotten injured.
    • Given made 16 Boro appearances, Valdes 28 appearances and Randolph 106 appearances in a Boro shirt. Given was a 93 day maximum permitted loan but he kept 10 clean sheets in those 16 games. I'm pretty sure that Valdes will have been signed with the intention of him being around for longer than 28 games. Randolph's 106 games are maybe not what could be classed as a long serving tenure but a little more than a cameo in fairness to him. in contrast however Jim Platt made 481 appearances so I suppose by comparison they were all somewhat transient.
    • The big Auzzie was very good and for a long time.  I notice you have not mentioned Jim Platt who I rated highly also along with Pears.  For some reason I tend to regard Given and Randolph as cameo appearances which is not really fair   but who said life was fair - keep smiling
    • Some interesting replies on crowds returning.  I have a record of 65 + years of attending Boro matches and I'm anxious to keep it up but have one or three health problems so I can take no risks with Covid. transmissions.   I'd love to go but it won't be until I've been vacced etc.  If I can I'd love to go, even if its just the one game to keep up the record of at least one game in every season since 1953/4   keep smiling
    • Marvin Johnson is playing really well, including a couple of goals of late