oneBoro Forum
Foogle

Boro vs Swansea (A) 1-3 (Saville)

Shotton is just a terrible footballer.

He isn't in fairness.  I'm not his biggest fan but he isn't terrible.  However he is basically a central defender who got shifted to full back at some point and then stayed there and he does struggle at times when he's one on one with an opposition player.  Terrible is a touch harsh though.

Swansea as we speak are 5 points behind us in 13th with a game in hand. Were gonna finish bottom half. And pulis is still gonna say hes overachieving

Another day. Another loss. This could get really ugly. This is clearly not a team playing for their manager.

The stats are a very poor showing and now a goal down. Don’t believe there is away back so will chalk this up to six defeats in a row. Never in my 48 years of supporting BORO can I remember a worse team. Now two down and I expect a rout.

Maybe getting walloped 6 - 0 might just be the tipping point for Gibson?

It is all over now 2-0 and Bristol City losing to rub salt into the wounds

If SG does not sack the man today the he no longer deserves to be in charge of our loved club.

Custodian of an epic shambles

Shotton is just a terrible footballer.

He isn't in fairness.  I'm not his biggest fan but he isn't terrible.  However he is basically a central defender who got shifted to full back at some point and then stayed there and he does struggle at times when he's one on one with an opposition player.  Terrible is a touch harsh though.

Ye you may be right, he can clear and head things fairly effectively, but his passing and judgement are woefully poor at times.

When was the last time we lost 6 in a row?

2000. Apparently leann rhymes was top of the charts.

There was a picture on the Gazette website from one of the games at home against Leicester when we got gubbed 3-0.  I'm sure that was the game that someone threw the ball back from high up in the West Stand and it hit Robbo on the head to a lot of cheers...So that's how happy the fans were then  :@

Same inside ball they keep playing, was going to end in a goal eventually, as we failed to defend it well once.

Don't worry man. We're playing good football, just ask pulis and gibson

• Latest Posts

• Britt and Akpom both have a 1 in 5 goal record this season. and one assist between the two of them.  i think its clear that we need something different upfront, with these two currently upfront we will go nowhere.   fletch could could back and help but hes been out injured for months and who knows how long it will take to find him form.
    • I was also worried we might slip up here, AR. I'm not usually one for accepting excuses but apparently we haven't properly trained for 2 weeks because of COVID, Rockliffe has been closed for a while too. Apparently we struggled to train outside when it was open due to snow and ice but the indoor facilities were closed off for a bit longer? I don't know how true that is but if it is, it could explain today. Though obviously, we can't know for sure what difference it would have made. The only thing we know for sure is we got tactically outplayed by Birmingham, regardless of why that came to be. I guess my point is less about explaining the performance today and figuring out why that came to be, more to wonder if that is what we are expecting to see in the next few games too. If those circumstances are correct then I'm a bit more optimistic about the games to come. Once things get back to normal and we get back into our groove, performances will improve; at the very least we shouldn't see the same issues occur for a full 90 minutes very often, as right as people were that our start today wasn't too far from what we have seen previous to these behind the scenes issues.
    • I don't know what the weird situation is with Roberts and Warnock but it's absolutely infuriating. *** me off no end. Tav needs to be the first name on the team sheet centrally and in the most advanced position. Stop bloody shafting him out on the wing to make room for 3 plodding central players. We lose so much attacking energy without him buzzing around in there. The less said about Warnock's love affair with Johnson the better.   
    • I guess so, maybe quite a few were not match fit due to COVID.