oneBoro Forum

Dael Fry

How many youngsters do you see pushing on to the first team next year?

If we are broke it would be great to see half the team next season filled with academy players.

You could fill the rest with senior players and have a nice balance.

I expect to see Randolph, Besic, Mikel, Downing, Braithwaite, Britt, Gestede go.

Then I think we might find it hard to hold onto Fry if Premier league teams start sniffing round. We might still have a core of players like Flint, Ayala, Shotton, Friend, Howson, Saville,  Clayton and Fletcher.

If we can add a bit of pace and energy into wide positions then we might not be too bad. The challenge will be getting a good manager who can mold a team together, hopefully it won't be Woodgate.

i'd start the bidding for Fry at 20m - and  that's me being generous!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

If we are broke it would be great to see half the team next season filled with academy players.

I expect to see Randolph, Besic, Mikel, Downing, Braithwaite, Britt, Gestede go.

Then I think we might find it hard to hold onto Fry if Premier league teams start sniffing round. We might still have a core of players like Flint, Ayala, Shotton, Friend, Howson, Saville,  Clayton and Fletcher.

If we can add a bit of pace and energy into wide positions then we might not be too bad. The challenge will be getting a good manager who can mold a team together, hopefully it won't be Woodgate.

Get him on a longer contract first. I would not want to sell unless silly money was being thrown around.

Get him on a longer contract first. I would not want to sell unless silly money was being thrown around.

Didn’t he just sign a new 5 year deal earlier this season. The same time we tied down Tav and walker to longer contracts.

I'd start it about 5m and that's me being realistic.

Mate, Aden Flint is a 7m defender in todays market, 5m isn't realistic, it's unnecessarily pessimistic. If we got under 10m for Fry I'd be absolutely staggered.

Crazy statement. If you think a starting England u21 player goes for 5mil in 2019 you havent been paying attention to the prices of players lately.

Crazy statement. If you think a starting England u21 player goes for 5mil in 2019 you havent been paying attention to the prices of players lately.

Gibson went for £15 mill ( I know a few on here thought he was worth £35 mill at one stage) and that was with England U21 caps, a captains armband a decent season in the Premier and hell of a lot more experience than Fry.The bidding will start at £5 mill, be surprised if any club comes in with a £10mill starting bid just can't see it.

Just been told Fry and Ayala are out for remainder of season....

Not surprised about Ayala but Fry is a shock.

Trying to get 100% confirmation

You sure they didn't try to say Friend? But you were to excited to wait and ran off to share it on here? ?

Just been told Fry and Ayala are out for remainder of season....

Not surprised about Ayala but Fry is a shock.

Trying to get 100% confirmation

You sure they didn't try to say Friend? But you were to excited to wait and ran off to share it on here? ?

Haha he is out for rest of season.

So Fry is out? Oh blimey. That means only

Shotton

Flint

McNair at a push as Pulis won’t play him

Of 1st team defenders. Back 4 with Stewy and Howson at full back? Really are down to the bare bones now.