oneBoro Forum

Dael Fry

Fry, Wing, Tavernier, Fletcher could be the spine of a young forward thinking team.

Few experienced championship players in there too like Ayala, Howson, Savile, Britt... there's life beyond this dreadful period.

Agreed but prem vultures will circle are youngsters and we are a selling club. Sad to say but just the harsh reality.

Agree we will need to sell, but not the youngsters listed. The next step is to reduce the wage budget and none of the young lads will be on much vs downing, Ayala, Randolph, etc... I think we will see a huge turnover this summer, at some fire sale prices (e.g. Britt) and how well that is managed depends on the quality of our recruitment (?)

Much to my thinking too. I think we will be able to hold on to the youngsters mentioned. Unless we get some absolutely daft offers which I doubt we will. And they all have long contracts too. We should see a lot more of McNair next season too. I think Britt, Braithwaite, Hugill and Gestede (if there will be any takers) will be gone leaving us with only Fletcher meaning we have to revamp our entire attack. It can only get better though. We'll need a few wingers and strikers alon with two new full backs. At a push we only need a LB if we can't find money to replace Shotton at RB. 

Keep:

Randolph

Ayala

Fry

Flint

Shotton

McNair (we won't get close to our money back)

Howson

Saville (we won't get close to our money back)

Wing

Tavernier

Fletcher

The rest I won't mind selling or let go. Huge rebuild

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Certainly I agree with the majority and he will become a fine player.

Has anyone else notice that of late his surging runs and getting into good crossing positions due to his overlapping play has been curtailed?

He has an element of adventure in him and with some skill compared to some of his team mates

Fry reminds me more of a young Pally , whereas Gibson was more in the Mogga mould , and yes he will make a very good player.

Of the others its obvious Tav has potential , as do Fletcher and Wing but for me everything depends on who comes in next as on paper there are good players there (McNair , Saville , Britt and even Hugill) but the team is completely devoid of any plan. Confidence in sport is what elevates the good into winners and I fear we have a manager who has drained every ounce of that out of good players.

Of the others Ayala is a walking red card but that is maybe down to Flint being crap alongside him and Shotton is absolutely not a full back

Ayala has been a liability well before Flint was anywhere near boro. Seemed to get progressively more reckless since his bad injury during Karankas reign. I've no idea how he doesn't get more FK's/Pen's cards tbh.

Back to the original subject, The youth do seem to have established themselves this year, which Pulis will say its his good management rather than the people he's brought in being either unneeded or flops. Does sound though, like we have a good deal of prospects coming through in the next batch.

With regards to that, and sorry for going a bit off topic, except for the ability to stop other team poaching our youth, has the Category A status of our Academy delivered much change? Do we recruit for Cat B/C clubs at all? The standard of competition in the leagues seems to have increased to playing better teams so maybe that's the real benefit?

As I'm expecting to remain in the Champo next season, i'm hoping to see Spence, Stubbs, Mahmutavic, Pattison and Walker make the bench next season.

Like most of you, I'm expecting the club to offload a lot of the senior/top earners this summer

I think Fry could be with us for a few seasons yet. We managed to keep Gibson for a number of years, including a season in the PL, despite bigger clubs periodically circling him.

I'd love Ben to come back to the Boro, but I can't see Burnley selling their joint-record signing back to us at a price we could afford.

I'm weirdly high on Enes Mahmutovic. I think he looked good in his couple of appearances although it's slightly worrying he couldn't seem to crack the Yeovil team. Not sure if he was injured or just under performed.

Think he looks really versatile and I'm a massive fan of the name.

I watch alot of the u23s when they're home and Patrick Reading the LB has always impressed me. Can defend well and is a threat coming forward. Often trusted with left sided corners and free kicks.

Hes been called into the Scotland u21 team and I think he could have a bright future. Not a Pulis player but might be one we look at if we do turn to the youth team next season.

I watch alot of the u23s when they're home and Patrick Reading the LB has always impressed me. Can defend well and is a threat coming forward. Often trusted with left sided corners and free kicks.

Hes been called into the Scotland u21 team and I think he could have a bright future. Not a Pulis player but might be one we look at if we do turn to the youth team next season.

he's caught my eye in the few times i've seen him. Was he out with an injury for a while?

Also is the young Gibson who plays right midfield related to the other Gibsons?

thaanks

he's caught my eye in the few times i've seen him. Was he out with an injury for a while?

Also is the young Gibson who plays right midfield related to the other Gibsons?

thaanks

Think he missed a chunk of last season. As for Joe Gibson (another good prospect) I have no idea actually if hes related to the bossman. Might just be a coincidence.

How many youngsters do you see pushing on to the first team next year?

If we are broke it would be great to see half the team next season filled with academy players.

You could fill the rest with senior players and have a nice balance.

I expect to see Randolph, Besic, Mikel, Downing, Braithwaite, Britt, Gestede go.

Then I think we might find it hard to hold onto Fry if Premier league teams start sniffing round. We might still have a core of players like Flint, Ayala, Shotton, Friend, Howson, Saville, Clayton and Fletcher.

If we can add a bit of pace and energy into wide positions then we might not be too bad. The challenge will be getting a good manager who can mold a team together, hopefully it won't be Woodgate.

Its hard to say, given that we have no idea what the squad will look like come September. Could be very little movement, could be radical change.

I think if Woody is the manager we would be quite likely to see a fair bit of players like Stubbs,Wood,Walker and Liddle throughout the season. He is always there supporting at u23 games.