• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly not really ***d about the game or the result. Feels like a dead rubber despite us sort of still being in contention.

He really has removed any excitement and joy from MFC.

Feel sad for Ayala ...

Also - Britt is so very wasteful.. Cannot forget those 2 lob shots last game and the wtf moment of squaring the leather to no one alone with the keeper today ..

Yes he scored .. The ball hit his standing leg and went in :D

I miss Bamford .. Absolutely the best striker at the time we sold him... He had som grace to his finishing and you knew he didn't miss sitters

Hull were poor today.

Frazier Campbell is so bad. He missed 2 good chances, they had a chance off the line and then Randolphs worldy save.

Lucky to get a 1-0 win, but Pulis will take the plaudits (from himself) and we will go on with the very faint hope of promotion via the play offs !

Thought Britt was really poor today, he nearly cocked his finish up for the goal. Dael fry was motm for me.

Just seen the randy save, another points saver, i was just leaving so didnt see. Wife and daughter had been to see dumbo and said it was depressing, at least she didnt have to sit through the 2nd half today.

I often mention that I hated pulis even on signing day, as if I'm never wrong.

Well I am sometimes. The day we signed Randolph I thought "what the *** are we doing, he's ***e!!"

How wrong I was. The guy is incredible

Just read through the comments. Didn't take long. :oops:

It really sounds like not a lot has changed. But at least we have beaten two teams that we ought to have beaten. (Though the stats on the Hull game may say different.)

It wasn't that long ago that we were folding against teams like this.

I hope the two back to back wins instill some confidence and we actually get an exciting end to the season.

It makes me wonder if the fact we have been sitting in the top 6 regardless of our results allowed for complacency.

Anyway. I am probably in for a let down but a slight tinge of optimism is creeping in....

Please don't berate me for it. :cheese:

Just read through the comments. Didn't take long. :oops:

It really sounds like not a lot has changed. But at least we have beaten two teams that we ought to have beaten. (Though the stats on the Hull game may say different.)

It wasn't that long ago that we were folding against teams like this.

I hope the two back to back wins instill some confidence and we actually get an exciting end to the season.

It makes me wonder if the fact we have been sitting in the top 6 regardless of our results allowed for complacency.

Anyway. I am probably in for a let down but a slight tinge of optimism is creeping in....

Please don't berate me for it. :cheese:

This is a Pulis team who repel confidence and murder excitement and as complacency and being in the top six we never had it we were there because others failed and not because of our doing. Four games to go and I can’t wait for the @@@@ season to be over. I think SG time is over and Pulis has to go.

It was a typical home game.. we could've been 5 up at halftime.

I'm not a Pulis fan, but I think people are way too harsh on him when the players on the pitch as so so sloppy with their finishing. Off the top of my head, in the first half alone; Fletcher missed a sitter, Britt hit the bar, Saville tackled Howson infront of an empty net, Flint missed 2 headers.

Britt's play was poor overall, but his workrate and movement alone make him worthy of a starting birth. When Fletcher came off, I thought Britt could've gone instead and Fletch have a go through middle.. Which brings me to..

Fletcher is really starting to show the potential we maybe expected to see last season. Fully deserving the credit coming his way.

Besic again best player on the pitch, as he regularly has been when playing with Mikel. I dunno why he always gets taken off. Downing is a complete waste of time - always stood watching and pointing.

I'm not a Pulis fan, but I think people are way too harsh on him when the players on the pitch as so so sloppy with their finishing. Off the top of my head, in the first half alone; Fletcher missed a sitter, Britt hit the bar, Saville tackled Howson infront of an empty net, Flint missed 2 headers.

Britt's play was poor overall, but his workrate and movement alone make him worthy of a starting birth. When Fletcher came off, I thought Britt could've gone instead and Fletch have a go through middle.. Which brings me to..

Fletcher is really starting to show the potential we maybe expected to see last season. Fully deserving the credit coming his way.

Besic again best player on the pitch, as he regularly has been when playing with Mikel. I dunno why he always gets taken off. Downing is a complete waste of time - always stood watching and pointing.

I think the counter argument to that is sometimes we might have a couple of good chances in a game and a couple of half chances and Pulis will try to make out we've missed a dozen sitters.

Then he usually fails to mention the 3 or 4 world class saves that Randolph is making most games.

If we took all our chances we'd be top of the division but if we'd conceded all the chances we give away at the other end we'd be in mid table.

I think Pulis tries to paint a picture of us dominating every game where the reality is something quite different.

I think the counter argument to that is sometimes we might have a couple of good chances in a game and a couple of half chances and Pulis will try to make out we've missed a dozen sitters.

Then he usually fails to mention the 3 or 4 world class saves that Randolph is making most games.

If we took all our chances we'd be top of the division but if we'd conceded all the chances we give away at the other end we'd be in mid table.

I think Pulis tries to paint a picture of us dominating every game where the reality is something quite different.

well dont have to be Pulis to see that we miss to much, ofc he is exaggerating but most coaches do when it comes to missed chances. In this game we should have scored more in the first half, then ofc if we had scored on the first we probably wouldent have created the others but that also another story ;)

I often mention that I hated pulis even on signing day, as if I'm never wrong.

Well I am sometimes. The day we signed Randolph I thought "what the *** are we doing, he's ***!!"

How wrong I was. The guy is incredible

Am I misreading what you've written? Wasn't Monk who signed Randolph?

Agreed, the guy is a tremendous keeper. I hope he's doesn't get to show me how good he is when I get over to Notts Forest to see the Boro