oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
boro-unger

Boro v Stoke 1-0 (Assombalonga)

and a Bulkhaul to you also! :) love it

I think the recent injuries could be a benefit in disguise. Either with Wood getting some game time at the back or shotton coming in to the centre and someone a little more attack minded on the right. Maybe McNair might get a game if he's still around :)

I cant see us winning three on the bounce so I'm going for a draw with a stupid equalizer when we back off (if we ever get started that is) in the 2nd half.

Smashed it, that last sentence froze my blood.

Got draw written all over it

Smashed it, that last sentence froze my blood.

Got draw written all over it

The boss man hit the nail on the head. It's clearly going to be a win-draw.

Someone will have to let me know though, special good Friday show on involving miss Gibson that no one should miss!!!

With the nasty injury to Ayala who I really hope will be ok, a back 3 of Fry, Flint and Shotton looks likely and having Howson and Saville as wing backs which has looked good in the past so im quietly confident of a narrow win for the Boro

Stoke have had an even more disappointing season than us. Going for a 2-1 win in this.

Could McNair play as a wingback? Does his style fit that position at all?

He's said on a few occasions that he doesn't like playing right back or wing back and only sees himself as a center midfield player.

That said I wouldn't be against playing him in a midfield 3 with Besic and Mikel as we are short of options

I think pulis will go with something like this v Stoke given Ayala's injury.

Randolph

Shotton Flint Fry

Howson Mikel Besic Saville

Downing Britt Fletcher

We not won 3 in a row since August and its when I expect and not hope that Boro will do something that they let me down.

I HOPE for a 2 nil win. Britt FSG

I think pulis will go with something like this v Stoke given Ayala's injury.

Randolph

Shotton Flint Fry

Howson Mikel Besic Saville

Downing Britt Fletcher

We not won 3 in a row since August and its when I expect and not hope that Boro will do something that they let me down.

I HOPE for a 2 nil win. Britt FSG

First Score Goaler?  :P

Haha well spotted. FGS*

Talk this week in Bristol's local rag that they will be back in for Britt this summer after interest in Jan and a possible £11m deal. If that is the case hope he scores a few from now until end of season simply to add to any fee we get for him.

I'd personally like to see Britt play in a team where we play to his strengths a bit more, balls into the box and balls for him to run onto rather than asking him to hold it up. 11m is a lot, but we might be getting a fair whack from Braithwaite, not ready to give up on Assombalonga... yet.

Just realised the game is at 3pm, not 5pm as I... I mean steve gibson stated in the opening post. That'll teach me to use opera with it's VPN that auto changes the times when you google fixtures!

I was wondering that myself and the worst part is this game is NOT on the red button, but QPR's game is, go figure?

I was wondering that myself and the worst part is this game is NOT on the red button, but QPR's game is, go figure?

I would probably have done people a favour if they'd missed it to be honest

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17713085.jonathan-woodgate-deserves-the-support-of-middlesbrough-fans/ FOOTBALL fans can be a strange breed. Last season, Middlesbrough supporters were crying out for a change of direction. So what happens? Tony Pulis leaves, the club appoint Jonathan Woodgate as part of a radical reorganisation, and people are still not happy. Not all, admittedly. But a trawl through social media last week suggested the reaction to Woodgate’s appointment has been mixed at best. Too inexperienced. Not bright enough. Too caught up in the failures of the previous regime. Part of the ‘Teesside mafia’. The criticisms have been as varied as they have been ridiculous. Before a ball has even been kicked on Woodgate’s watch, it is almost as if a section of Middlesbrough’ s fan base cannot wait to see him fail. “I don’t mind anyone having a view,” said Woodgate, in his introductory press conference last Friday. “But it’s when it’s character assassination, digging and rumors. You know what society can be like sometimes. The hardcore fans really back you, and I’ve had some lovely messages as well.” Should a boyhood Middlesbrough fan, who has spent the best part of seven years playing and coaching at his hometown club, really have to make such a statement on what he openly admitted was the proudest day of his footballing life? I’ve always been of the belief that while football fans profess to want homegrown players breaking into their club’s first team, they’re quicker to turn on them if they think they’re getting too big for their boots. That’s not just the case at Middlesbrough, but how else do you explain the criticism that’s been meted out to Stewart Downing, surely one of the best players Teesside has ever produced, in the last few years? Woodgate has been tarred with the same brush, but while it is perfectly justified to have reservations about the 39-year-old’s ability to step up to a head coach role in the pressure-cooker environment of the Championship, some of the more personal attacks that have been levelled at him in the last week are inexcusable. And even if Woodgate still has plenty to prove as the head of a new-look coaching team, surely it is better that Steve Gibson has gone down the route of promoting an ambitious young coach with a lifelong association to Middlesbrough rather than opting for one of the tried-and-tested alternatives that were available? Boro went down the ‘old-school, experience’ route with Pulis, and it did not work. They went down the ‘throw a load of money at the problem’ route with Garry Monk, and that did not work either. The most successful recent period on Gibson’s watch came under Aitor Karanka, and just as appointing the previously untested Spaniard was a risk that paid dividends, so it is to be hoped that Woodgate grows into a managerial role and goes on to win promotion. When John Terry was mentioned as a potential candidate, a frisson of excitement seemed to flow around Teesside. But why should Terry, with half a season on the coaching staff at Aston Villa, be seen as a better bet than Woodgate, who has worked with Boro’s academy set-up and first team as well as gaining experience as a scout at Liverpool? Frank Lampard looks set to be the new boss at Chelsea, but he is only a year or so ahead of Woodgate in terms of his managerial development. With the parachute payments from the Premier League having expired, this is going to be a period of change for Middlesbrough. Gibson disputed the notion that finances were tight on Friday, but there is little doubt that the free-spending days of the past are over. The Financial Fair Play regulations mean Boro’s wriggle room in the transfer market is extremely limited, so surely it is better to have someone like Woodgate in charge, who is crystal-clear about the situation and wants to head down a different route?
    • Won't sign a new contract because he sees himself as a winger and Jurgen the German sees him as an attacking fullback.
    • Wednesday are a strange one they have not submitted any of their accounts. Hence their "soft embargo". I'd keep an eye on that as potentially they could be treading a legal tightrope if it isn't just the FA they haven't submitted their accounts too.
    • Reading and Sheffield wed are both under soft transfer embargoes..  sign of things to come after years of overspending in the championship?
    • Read a few days ago that he was incredibly annoyed at the Jota deal.  Jota for Gary Gardner and a couple of million was all done and dusted without consulting him.  Can understand how he'd feel like he needs to leave if decisions kept being made above him.  Still baffled how the Birmingham powers that be thought Jota in a swap deal for Gardener was a good deal.