oneBoro Forum
Motor Mouth

End of the season message to Predictors.

I must say I have really enjoyed my first full season managing the predictions.

I suppose I can say that I will be happy to continue next season hoping I am in good health.

But if some one out there thinks that they would like to give it a try I will step back and let them get on with it their way.

A big thanks as to be said to a few of the old hands that helped me in the beginning because I really did not have a clue.

ChipBarrington for sorting out the fixtures for me, me not being a computer friendly person needed his help badly.

Macca and Trekkers for the advice.

Most of all a big thank you to the 24 that took part and made up the 2 leagues .

I know we lost 2 along the way in MrMaz and 2plus2, in their defence they were new and never realised the commitment that is needed week in week out in the competition. Hopefully now they have had a taste they will return next season fully committed.

Hoping to see a few new faces next season as well and hoping that all who took part this season will sign back up again for next.

Anybody out there got any ideas on running it any smoother I would love to hear from them oh and anybody got any idea's on how to get over the No Shows. (I must admit I hate not having a full card.)

Perhaps if everyone sent me a spare list of predictions so that just in case something comes up that takes you away for a few weeks and you cannot predict I could substitute those predictions.That way we would have stopped the No Shows. 

But I must stress that there will have to be a number limit of these in case some one flukes it and had tons of substitutions and wins a league, so perhaps say 5 and anything over that they could not win the league. It only seems fair.  :)

Anyways have a think and get back to me in the meantime enjoy the rest and your holidays and hopefully I will be back in a month or two with the new fixture list.

MM

Got my trophy yesterday MM. Thanks, it looks great in my little trophy cabinet :D

It's been fun bud, Thanks for all the hard work

It was a great competition and very well run throughout the year MM. You can pencil me in again for next year. Well done to each of the winners from the two leagues. You are both now there to be shot at next year :)

Trophy looks good on the mantelpiece even colour coordinated with the new fire, UTB

Cheers MM.

Can't wait for next season's competition. Best league in the land!!!

Be good to have increased numbers for next season, providing everyone is fully committed  and predicts each week.

Please don't enter next season if you won't have the time to predict, it will upset MM and we don't want that...........

Thanks guys.

Yes I would like to see a few more names as well to build up the 2 leagues and go to the end of the season with the predictions.

We shall see if anyone fancies their chances.

Has anyone thought about  the idea of posting me a spare 10 predictions.

So that I can use them if some one does not turn up that week.?

Mind doing away with the No Show's  would probably stop Barticus from winning any league game ever again.  :)

Has anyone got any other idea's for that matter, always willing to take them onboard.

I don't think the 'no shows' should be given any opportunity to win games by not turning up! three strikes and out! It only takes a couple of minutes a week to complete, I'd rather have one league of fully committed predictors than two of half hearted one's.

Hopefully we will get lots of fully committed this time.

I don't think the 'no shows' should be given any opportunity to win games by not turning up! three strikes and out! It only takes a couple of minutes a week to complete, I'd rather have one league of fully committed predictors than two of half hearted one's.

One league of fully committed predictor's sounds good to me.

Name to be sorted before the season commences Ayresome or Riverside League.

I am old guard so I guess you know what my vote would be.  :)

You have probably realised that some who predict are in jobs where they may get called away for weeks on end at the last minute to other parts of the world and are unable to use computers or phones. 

I don't believe they should be dropped if they missed a certain number of games. 

These are the ones that could post their predictions to me I could then post them on match days before kick off.

I think SB used to do a similar thing.

You have probably realised that some who predict are in jobs where they may get called away for weeks on end at the last minute to other parts of the world and are unable to use computers or phones. 

I don't believe they should be dropped if they missed a certain number of games. 

These are the ones that could post their predictions to me I could then post them on match days before kick off.

OK by me MM, the League's have been fantastic this season so whatever you decide. Could we have say a League Cup and FA Cup type competition as well (if time allowed)

OK by me MM, the League's have been fantastic this season so whatever you decide. Could we have say a League Cup and FA Cup type competition as well (if time allowed)

I cannot see why not I am a bit more confidant now, last season I followed the BBC Sport cup fixtures and it created a problem or two and the Leicester postponement never helped but this coming season I should be a lot wiser with the fixtures.

I will do my best to fit the two cups in.

This is more fun than the real football that's for sure

It's been a great season of predicting. Thank you MM. You did a great job. And you can put me down for next season.