oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest (a) 0-3

He says we've only got 2 recognised defenders so why is he playing a back 5???

Why not play Shotton and Flint at CB McNair at RB and surely we have a LB in the under 23s if not the play Downing there.

Then a midfield 3 and 3 forwards!

If defence is currently our weakness how about helping them out by actually trying to keep the ball abit more?

Best form of defence is attack!

You listened to that to, i nearly crashed the f ing car

It's like hes trying to see how much he can p**s the fans off by coming out with utter c**p!

That or hes just totally clueless and inept as a manager

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Just watched Chelsea v Burnley one team who had a chance of winning and one team who did not want to lose, aweful display of football, the prem is full of games like this cos the gulf between the top 6 is massive, woukd rather we stayed in the championship as no one comes to defend and at least we have teams who try to score, hang on apart from dinasuar tactics

He says we've only got 2 recognised defenders so why is he playing a back 5???

Why not play Shotton and Flint at CB McNair at RB and surely we have a LB in the under 23s if not the play Downing there.

Then a midfield 3 and 3 forwards!

If defence is currently our weakness how about helping them out by actually trying to keep the ball abit more?

Best form of defence is attack!

You listened to that to, i nearly crashed the f ing car

It's like hes trying to see how much he can p**s the fans off by coming out with utter c**p!

That or hes just totally clueless and inept as a manager

Clueless and inept as a manager would be my take on it, dinosaur is fitting its a fact Pooh-lis's style of football is extinct, Farke and Wilder have shown how its done.

We can all rightfully have a go at Pulis but the buck stops right at the top and this is Gibson's doing, he has the power to remove and refuses to do it.

I'm pretty sure he's only here as if we got rid he'd get a massive pay off. Considering we wouldn't let Downing play one more game as it kicked in an extension it wouldn't surprise me if Gibbo is playing the waiting game with Pulis. Better to let his contract expire and plan for next season, rather than get shot and lose a load of money.

Soooo. Having flipped through the comments it sounds as if we were dire. As we have been for two thirds of the season really.

I am not concerned about the play off's as we all know we had/have no chance anyway.

But I am concerned about next season. I really hope SG is up for the task ahead because unless MASSIVE changes are made we are going to be fighting a relegation battle from the start.

I fear Pulis is just the tip of this very unstable  ice berg. :nervous:

Soooo. Having flipped through the comments it sounds as if we were dire. As we have been for two thirds of the season really.

I am not concerned about the play off's as we all know we had/have no chance anyway.

But I am concerned about next season. I really hope SG is up for the task ahead because unless MASSIVE changes are made we are going to be fighting a relegation battle from the start.

Totally agree because if changes are not made and going by recent form and what we have all witnessed Boro will be relegation candidates :crying:

Totally agree because if changes are not made and going by recent form and what we have all witnessed Boro will be relegation candidates :crying:

Hear, hear. The difference from 7 th to bottom was down to Randolph so to me Pulis and his team are relegation fodder. The club is in deep crisis and come end of this season we either sink or swim. The once local hero needs to step in or @@@@ off because without a deep cleansing we are destined for the drop anyway. Can’t think of repetitive seasons of utter @hi@ and I can only salute those who bought season tickets.

On the bright side, I think this result and performance would make it almost impossible for Gibson to renew Pulis' contract, theres no way he would want to risk the backlash from the fans.

I believe any other manager would have been gone by now and Gibson will just cut his losses in the summer there by avoiding any messy financial settlement which we all know Pulis craves for.

So come on guys only 2 games to go (or 5.....) we can get through this

How is the away crowd? Any ‘Pulis out’ chants?

There were a few, but not as many as you'd think. The supporters were, in the main, supportive of their team - the anger towards pulis seems to have mellowed to resignation. 

BORO were awful. The BORO fans kept singing their support.

Whoever is the defensive coach needs to go along with pulis. At times, 7 players defending in the box, getting in each other's way, whilst allowing Forest so much freedom.

No creativity to supply the strikers, no width at all, no link between defensive midfieldersand forwards. Fletcher was one of the triers but had little/no support then was substituted at HT. Tav had a similar problem.

Hugill brought on and spent most of his time on the R/W with Britt on the L/W.

There's more I could write, but I'm keen no to over criticise the players. You don't know how they've been told to play by pulis, Clayton, Besic and Mikel tripped over each other in defensive midfield rolls - and if I have a criticism its why none of them has the ball to tell pulis that he's totally wrong and play the way they think they should play. Most of their boro careers are over, so it won't make any difference if they are dropped for the next 2 games.

Just watched the highlights.. we need a RB!!!! We look shocking, chalk and cheese from previous week's.

Is it? Its pretty much all been chalk for me. The only times weve managed to get points this season is when the other team are as unwilling as us to attack. As soon as a team trys to play against us we cant handle it

I work in a school in the East Midlands and all day kids have come up to me saying that Boro were so bad and then walked away holding 3 fingers up.

Embarrassing and I couldn't say anything else but, "yep, we deserved to lose. Pulis out".