oneBoro Forum

Investment Rumours. Reality or Red Bull S***?

I’m just the messenger here but I have been told investment is moving forward.. I was given no names but just that it is ongoing and something the club want to pursue.

Interesting. My dad's just been talking to someone (Not anyone connected as far as I'm aware) who seems to think a big Spanish club is looking to buy/invest in a championship club to bring players through. Not sure where the rumour's come from though!

Been told an old potential investor / buyer has been in touch... desperate to add a English club and take them forward to next level

Could be good if they're a Leicester/Wolves type investor. Not so much if they're a Mike Ashley type!

Weren’t we linked with big Chinese investors a couple of years ago? I’m pretty sure Kenyon was also involved at the time

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m just the messenger here but I have been told investment is moving forward.. I was given no names but just that it is ongoing and something the club want to pursue.

Interesting. My dad's just been talking to someone (Not anyone connected as far as I'm aware) who seems to think a big Spanish club is looking to buy/invest in a championship club to bring players through. Not sure where the rumour's come from though!

Been told an old potential investor / buyer has been in touch... desperate to add a English club and take them forward to next level

Could be good if they're a Leicester/Wolves type investor. Not so much if they're a Mike Ashley type!

Weren’t we linked with big Chinese investors a couple of years ago? I’m pretty sure Kenyon was also involved at the time

Sounds like Peter Lim to me?

Championship team with premier league facilities? When we are in the premier league and doing well a guaranteed 32-35k crowd. Financially sound.

Were a lot more attractive than most clubs in this division and a few premier league clubs too I would say.

Bigger than Peter Lim

Championship team with premier league facilities? When we are in the premier league and doing well a guaranteed 32-35k crowd. Financially sound.

Were a lot more attractive than most clubs in this division and a few premier league clubs too I would say.

Totally agree, we are an attractive club to invest in. The infrastructure is there and with the right football served up there's a big crowd week in week out.

Exciting news in my opinion... imagine someone coming in with the drive and investment to kick Boro on to the next level.

Serious question but why would anyone want to invest in us?

Someone can correct me but i think are about 14th in total seasons spent in the prem and are a decent catchment area clu ( one club town with a decent football heritage) I think it is a pretty attractive proposition when you consider what elses is available.

Bigger than Peter Lim

Ortega at Deportivo? Can imagine him getting onboard with the idea of building a club up from the championship (without breaking the bank)

Forgive me if I don’t buy into this it sounds like a typical daily mail news story with key words alleged, overheard and rumored. If there was any investment, which I don’t believe there would, it would be in SG company, property or leisure business.

Forgive me if I don’t buy into this it sounds like a typical daily mail news story with key words alleged, overheard and rumored. If there was any investment, which I don’t believe there would, it would be in SG company, property or leisure business.

So a polite way of saying you think its bull *** then.

Bigger than Peter Lim

Is it the Rockefeller group that Kenyon has previously represented.

I always assumed given the timing and close link to Mendes that this was the group that then bought Wolves?

That’s no problem I don’t take any of this personally at all. Just relaying what I have been told. Bidding you a good day