oneBoro Forum

Investment Rumours. Reality or Red Bull S***?

The information you provide is excellent and beneficial to the Forum so please keep it coming.

We appreciate not all you are told will happen but sometimes it does and is excellent discussion for us all.

Having said all of that any clue's or name's to make the discussion even more interesting?

I will disclose that a big drinks company have been in contact with a number of clubs including ours. They want to buy a club

So number of clubs, not necessarily us that they'll be investing in then.

Our excellent academy and facilities are a big selling point to any investors / buyers IMO

If it is red bull, they’re big on promoting youth. So although I agree with you in a general context, that’d also make sense specifically to them.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

RB Middlesbrough doesn't immediately put me off. Sounds better than the BT Cellnet Riverside Stadium anyway

Excuse me, I think you'll find its called the Captain Cook Stadium!

Football is just business now so I wouldn’t really care if the club was renamed RB Middlesbrough. The clubs that Red Bull buy into are all run on good terms with long terms plans. Their work at Leipzig has been rather tremendous and they’ve come from the third tier into the Champions League without just throwing money at it. Making some decent young and hungry players top priorities. It’s just a matter of time before they move into English football and I’d rather they invested in us than some random Asian business man you never really know anything about.

Can't imagine anything further from our current approach than that of RB Leipzig.

Not sure the FA would countenance a name change like that, they knocked back the Hull Tigers one a few years back.

Can't imagine anything further from our current approach than that of RB Leipzig.

Not sure the FA would countenance a name change like that, they knocked back the Hull Tigers one a few years back.

I don’t think we’d be allowed red bull in our name. RB in Leipzig stands for RasenBallsport, which translates to lawn sport, as they weren’t allowed Red Bull.

They have a history of running teams sensibly and ethically. If we are eventually owned by foreign investors Id much rather it be people like them rather than a dodgy hedge fund or oil barons with ties to a brutal regime.