oneBoro Forum

Investment Rumours. Reality or Red Bull S***?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Uwe are we talking RB? Or different investors or both ?

Any idea if advanced or in early stages of interest?

I think he was joking!

Jimmys right I was playing with the wording of the title. I’m sorry but I’m at a zoo/wildlife park with the kids and bored out of my mind

Did they say what time we need to have Hugill back in his enclosure?

Inter Red Bull Middlesboro Red Sox United AFC

I think I'd be into the idea of new investors/owners tbh.. as much as I'd love us to succeed under Gibbo, life is short & the last 10 years or so have been largely abysmal.

I've had all my supporting Boro life under SG and I'm 41 now. I'd welcome a change, I've seen some great times and had a season ticket for 13 years but it's not nice at the moment. Club just seems knackered and lethargic to me. Fresh impotus required

I'm all for a change. And the chance of having a proper rb at the club would be Nice, even if it's only a sponsors name!!!!

If it is RB though, they seem to love to invest in youth. Surely means the absolute end of all associations with the dinosaur! Bring it on

There's one thing that is certain any major investor would have to be daft to want this dinosaur anywhere near this club.

Building for the future he is!!!

I'd rather have your namesake back. (Don't get any ideas if you're reading this Tony, I mean as a manager, not player!!!)

I’d be buzzing with red bull, all their sporting investments seem to turn out well.

They were definately interested in Sunderland a couple seasons back so they have been looking at the north east.

Would match the ‘looking to add an English club to their investments’ thing aswell.

Can't imagine anything further from our current approach than that of RB Leipzig.

Not sure the FA would countenance a name change like that, they knocked back the Hull Tigers one a few years back.

I don’t think we’d be allowed red bull in our name. RB in Leipzig stands for RasenBallsport, which translates to lawn sport, as they weren’t allowed Red Bull.

I know in Germany the name caused a huge controversy, as I believe you cannot use a company name as part of a football name. Due to Germany's 50+1 rule.

I imagine it would be similar for us in regards to the name change as the FA run a pretty tight ship regards things like that.

I’m just the messenger here but I have been told investment is moving forward.. I was given no names but just that it is ongoing and something the club want to pursue.

Interesting. My dad's just been talking to someone (Not anyone connected as far as I'm aware) who seems to think a big Spanish club is looking to buy/invest in a championship club to bring players through. Not sure where the rumour's come from though!

Been told an old potential investor / buyer has been in touch... desperate to add a English club and take them forward to next level

Lim

The guy who bought Nice

And I’m sure red bull have been ‘linked’ with a takeover before years ago.

Without putting too much of a downer on the discussion...while some investment and some kind of longer term strategy of where we're going / how we're going to play would be nice... I can't see how we're an attractive investment opportunity?  We've got a decent profile from our time in the UEFA Cup and we've got excellent facilities, but there's a definite ceiling to what a club of our size can do in business terms.

We've got one of the lowest local populations in the Championship, I think only Preston would be similar or less going on catchment.  Yes, we don't have any direct competition from other clubs but we also don't have a large number of potential supporters to tap into.  An investor is going to want a club that they can build and maximise their return on, not a club that will drain it's only available market and then they have to put millions of £'s in every month as Gibson has done for long periods at a time.

The catchment we do have is generally lower income households and we have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country, so there isn't a pile of disposable income sitting around to be spent on season tickets and merchandise.

The stadium is relatively modern so that's a plus, but the council didn't support the club at all with any mutual development of the area.  It was sat on its own in a piece of wasteland for 20+ years before they started developing the land around it.  If you were a potential buyer would you have any faith that the council are going to back you in any investment when they can't even convince the unused supermarket to open their carpark for matchdays?

We've got a lot of value (money spent!) in the current squad, so that's a plus.  We've also got a good history of big name signings so that helps our profile and brand.  The downside these days is that it's so much harder to get big name players to sign for clubs like us.  They want to be in the Premier League, they want to be challenging for Europe, they want to be in or near big cities.  Maybe that's a plus to an investor as we're more likely to get players who want to work hard and earn a move to a big club, rather than mercenaries coming to sit in the squad and collect a wage.

I'd love to see some investment and fresh approach as I think Gibson seems to have lost his motivation in recent years, but I think we've got to be careful about getting our hopes up.  A foreign investor isn't going to be prepared to chuck endless amounts of money at a club without getting any return and I'm not sure if we're going to be a viable investment.  There's probably a dozen or more clubs in the Champ/League One who would look better than us in terms of maximising returns.

Without putting too much of a downer on the discussion...while some investment and some kind of longer term strategy of where we're going / how we're going to play would be nice... I can't see how we're an attractive investment opportunity?  We've got a decent profile from our time in the UEFA Cup and we've got excellent facilities, but there's a definite ceiling to what a club of our size can do in business terms.

We've got one of the lowest local populations in the Championship, I think only Preston would be similar or less going on catchment.  Yes, we don't have any direct competition from other clubs but we also don't have a large number of potential supporters to tap into.  An investor is going to want a club that they can build and maximise their return on, not a club that will drain it's only available market and then they have to put millions of £'s in every month as Gibson has done for long periods at a time.

The catchment we do have is generally lower income households and we have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country, so there isn't a pile of disposable  income sitting around to be spent on season tickets and merchandise.

The stadium is relatively modern so that's a plus, but the council didn't support the club at all with any mutual development of the area.  It was sat on its own in a piece of wasteland for 20+ years before they started developing the land around it.  If you were a potential buyer would you have any faith that the council are going to back you in any investment when they can't even convince the unused supermarket to open their carpark for matchdays?

We've got a lot of value (money spent!) in the current squad, so that's a plus.  We've also got a good history of big name signings so that helps our profile and brand.  The downside these days is that it's so much harder to get big name players to sign for clubs like us.  They want to be in the Premier League, they want to be challenging for Europe, they want to be in or near big cities.  Maybe that's a plus to an investor as we're more likely to get players who want to work hard and earn a move to a big club, rather than mercenaries coming to sit in the squad and collect a wage.

I'd love to see some investment and fresh approach as I think Gibson seems to have lost his motivation in recent years, but I think we've got to be careful about getting our hopes up.  A foreign investor isn't going to be prepared to chuck endless amounts of money at a club without getting any return and I'm not sure if we're going to be a viable investment.  There's probably a dozen or more clubs in the Champ/League One who would look better than us in terms of maximising returns.

I agree. I would be very surprised if big investor was to step in. Without putting the area down I would have to say there are a lot more attractive clubs out there in terms of possible returns.

Investors aren’t only interested in buying a club they can turn into the top club in the world though are they?

They would get us for a suitably cheaper price for all the reasons people have listed above. Leicester were hardly massively appealing and look how they have done. Revenue through the turnstiles is relative peanuts now, if you invest wisely and do a good job just being in the premier league will make an investor fortunes.