oneBoro Forum

Investment Rumours. Reality or Red Bull S***?

Sure Newcastle is lot more appealing if you are an investor with something like 600 million lined up to spend within the first season or two. But if you “only” have 3-400 million then it might be a bit mite appealing with boro. It’s certainly been the way Red Bull have done it with their clubs with Leipzig being the prime example.

If money isn’t an issue then Newcastle is by fiat the most appealing club, but considering they have yet to be bought it’s probably not so straight forward.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure Newcastle is lot more appealing if you are an investor with something like 600 million lined up to spend within the first season or two. But if you “only” have 3-400 million then it might be a bit mite appealing with boro. It’s certainly been the way Red Bull have done it with their clubs with Leipzig being the prime example.

If money isn’t an issue then Newcastle is by fiat the most appealing club, but considering they have yet to be bought it’s probably not so straight forward.

Damn you, autocamper

I hear it's worth 500 million quid...

I think as an area we could be quite a good place commercially as well as just investing in the club. With the potential of a free port status and the Corus site and Teesside Airport seeming to be back under local control. There could be great investment plans for the area.

On the footballing front we have very good facilities and compared to most a decent recent history we will at least be on the map for investors.

‘A club like Newcastle are a safer option’

Are they really? £400m, for that you get a huge wage bill and a squad being kept up because they managed to keep Rafa.

So take that £400m, add an extra £80m for the wage bill and an extra £40/50/60m for new players.

By the time you start the season you’ve already committed around £600m.

Buy us and you can get access to the prem money for less than £100m if your clever.

I feel like you've answered your own question a bit there "if you're clever". It isn't a done deal hence why it is a safer option.  

if you do it right, PL clubs are a lot easier to be profitable quicker than any Championship clubs.

Also, next year, are Newcastle (for example) going to have a better or worse squad than someone like Norwich, Brighton etc? 

How much money is it going to cost to keep Norwich in the PL next year? Newcastle have already bridged that financial gap. They are now an "established" PL side.

I know it hurts because the example we are using is Newcastle, but if i were an investor, Newcastle are a safer, more commercially viable in the short term option with known costs. 

Any Boro costs are purely speculative hence high risk.

I’m not to bothered wether they are a better option for investment than us or not, my point was after doing the buy out and sorting out the team an investor could have us in the exact same position as Newcastle for a lot cheaper.

If we did get taken over does that not give the new owners another 3 years before ffp kicks in?

‘A club like Newcastle are a safer option’

Are they really? £400m, for that you get a huge wage bill and a squad being kept up because they managed to keep Rafa.

So take that £400m, add an extra £80m for the wage bill and an extra £40/50/60m for new players.

By the time you start the season you’ve already committed around £600m.

Buy us and you can get access to the prem money for less than £100m if your clever.

I feel like you've answered your own question a bit there "if you're clever". It isn't a done deal hence why it is a safer option.  

if you do it right, PL clubs are a lot easier to be profitable quicker than any Championship clubs.

Also, next year, are Newcastle (for example) going to have a better or worse squad than someone like Norwich, Brighton etc? 

How much money is it going to cost to keep Norwich in the PL next year? Newcastle have already bridged that financial gap. They are now an "established" PL side.

I know it hurts because the example we are using is Newcastle, but if i were an investor, Newcastle are a safer, more commercially viable in the short term option with known costs. 

Any Boro costs are purely speculative hence high risk.

I’m not to bothered wether they are a better option for investment than us or not, my point was after doing the buy out and sorting out the team an investor could have us in the exact same position as Newcastle for a lot cheaper.

If we did get taken over does that not give the new owners another 3 years before ffp kicks in?

I suppose it depends on where you want to take the club. I think Newcastle have a higher ceiling that us if you are really ambitious.

I cant believe the thread has managed to grow but I guess kept in the dark and fed sh@t mushrooms thrive. I’ll say it if others won’t, Newcastle can’t find a buyer and they are a far better investment than us, there you go said it. Investors have far better options to profit than a run down town with a depressed club or possibly some think rich people have a affection for the club. The only good football clubs are for is to write off tax from other investments. Apart from the club SG has hospitality and property that may well be of interest to investors but again it’s just speculation. I’ll state this, if investors are making choices it would be done with utmost secrecy. If the thread is simply a distraction from our @@@@ football I can understand

I can't believe you still post utter crap like this, but then again put a ***** miles away from the club in Dubai and he will offer up his opinion anyway like it's gospel.

A foreign owner wouldn't be living in Grove Hill. They'd be flying in at the weekend from somewhere exotic, maybe spending a night in Rockcliffe then flying home.

Like people have said if you are looking for a cheap investment with the aim of creating a midtable premier league club then we wouldn't be a bad option. We are not as attractive as Newcastle but we would be a different project altogether.

FWIW my opinion is that I can't see Gibson selling to a foreign owner, he's almost completely wrote off foreign managers and players so why would he let a foreigner take over the club. It doesn't add up to me.

Can we all spare a thought for Roary the Lion who would be on the dole

Really? Would our club mascot need to become a can of tangy refreshing beverage for contractural reasons?

All the Red Bull clubs have red bull as a mascot and all the club logos feature the two red bulls.

I’d like their investment and strategy but I don’t think I could stomach a logo change.

Can we all spare a thought for Roary the Lion who would be on the dole

Really? Would our club mascot need to become a can of tangy refreshing beverage for contractural reasons?

All the Red Bull clubs have red bull as a mascot and all the club logos feature the two red bulls.

I’d like their investment and strategy but I don’t think I could stomach a logo change.

Don’t they only use them logos for European games? Think they just use their normal logo for league matches.

If they can invest sensibly into us and take us forward then I couldn’t careless if the logo was slightly changed.