oneBoro Forum

Investment Rumours. Reality or Red Bull S***?

Hasn't been mentioned yet that Gibson failed in his proposals re ffp yesterday. Not surprising in the slightest, he should be focusing on how badly his own club has been mismanaged from top to bottom.

I get the feeling Gibson was expecting/wanting to fail, now he can get away with breaking the rules too.

I 100% agree, that's what it seems like from the outside looking in.

I think we have been doing it exactly by the book. Now the meeting has failed we now have a licence to be creative and avoid any sanctions. If we do get caught it's now a case of "well everyone else is doing that too".

Covering our own backs before Gibson buys the Riverside for £100m in the summer  :omg:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't been mentioned yet that Gibson failed in his proposals re ffp yesterday. Not surprising in the slightest, he should be focusing on how badly his own club has been mismanaged from top to bottom.

I get the feeling Gibson was expecting/wanting to fail, now he can get away with breaking the rules too.

I think we have been doing it exactly by the book. Now the meeting has failed we now have a licence to be creative and avoid any sanctions. If we do get caught it's now a case of "well everyone else is doing that too".

Covering our own backs before Gibson buys the Riverside for £100m in the summer  :omg:

Or like Villa have done, gotten some extra investment and thrown it towards the squad :)

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/20/aston-villa-receive-significant-investment-from-billionaires

Or like Villa have done, gotten some extra investment and thrown it towards the squad :)

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/20/aston-villa-receive-significant-investment-from-billionaires

If it is the case that Gibson was only doing it because he knows that we have new investment lined up it was a very clever move on his part.

If it is the case that Gibson was only doing it because he knows that we have new investment lined up it was a very clever move on his part.

Kind of couples up with the rumours. I'm sure all will be revealed one way or another over the summer.

Anyone think the timing of the gazette doing pieces on AK is a bit odd

Not really. Karanka had just recently done an interview in Spain so the Gazette has jumped on his comments as there isn't much to write about at the moment.

No transfer gossip. No new injuries. Just another defeat. An opportunity to fill the sports section without having to look for an actual story.

Kind of couples up with the rumours. I'm sure all will be revealed one way or another over the summer.

Yes it could be an interesting summer

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new heard I guess. Imagine it would be something that took a long time to sort out if it is in fact actually happening.

It’s interesting that Huddersfield have been sold to another local businessman. Shows that clubs like ours can have a succession without needing it to be a huge deal.