oneBoro Forum

Investment Rumours. Reality or Red Bull S***?

On fmttm recently

One poster said he seen bausor and Bevington on a flight to schipol.

Followed by a couple of days later a regular poster saying bausor is away working on something pretty big, turns out he was in France.

Followed by today someone saying his mate heard something about the PSG owners buying a championship club and apparently it’s us and we’ve had ‘representatives’ over in Paris.

Nothing reliable at all but interesting how it’s all fitted together from different people.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

On fmttm recently

Followed by a couple of days later a regular poster saying bausor is away working on something pretty big, turns out he was in France.

Followed by today someone saying his mate heard something about the PSG owners buying a championship club and apparently it’s us and we’ve had ‘representatives’ over in Paris.

Nothing reliable at all but interesting how it’s all fitted together from different people.

I wonder how Neymar would fit into a Pulis system:)

Just some change for the better would suit me. I watched the villa and Leeds game yesterday and man the villa ground was bouncing, loads of investment in getting an atmosphere, they look classy at the moment. No mega stand out players besides a few, same with the Leeds game. No household name bit man did they play some good football. I just hope we change, how i don't know but just change so it's better ha ha.

On fmttm recently

I wonder how Neymar would fit into a Pulis system:)

He'd be a cracking full back.

None at all, it’s all came from hear say on fmttm.

I just thought it was interesting that 3 different people posting days apart had info that matched up.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned before on here, but:-

The Gibson O’Neill Company Ltd. is the company SG has that controls his interests. It owns three main companies - Bulkhaul Ltd.the trading company that makes his money, Rockliffe Hall ltd. (that owns Rockliffe) and Middlesbrough Football and Athletic (1986) Ltd.

Until last year the shares in Gibson o’Neill were owned 75% by SG and 25% by David O’Neill.

Last August, they did a complete share reorganisation. It used to be the case all the shares were Ordinary shares, but after August they had Ordinary shares, A Ordinary, B Ordinary, C Ordinary and D Ordinary - 5 classes of shares each with different values and rights. They then created two new companies - called Crossco(1437) and Crossco (1438) to which the B and D shares were transferred. (SG owns one company and DON the other). 

You don’t do all that work and pay lawyers unless you have a reason. Often, it means you want to sell part of the company and dividing the shares up into different classes can be part of the process. Of course it could just be that O’Neill wants out or SG wants to make it easier to pass some of the company to his daughter, but if you want you can use it to add to the speculation about new investment.

Separately, The Sunday Times Rich List came out today. it has SG as being worth £210m, up by £15m from last year.

It's Michael O'Neill.  The voting rights are still the same, 75%/25% and the Crossco companies don't have shares with voting rights.

Yes, your right. It is Michael O’Neill, not David. Apologies.  And yes voting rights are same - but I never said they had changed. That’s not the point. The point is you don’t go to that trouble for no reason, and preparing part of company (I.e. the football club ownership) for sale would be one logical reason

It's Michael O'Neill.  The voting rights are still the same, 75%/25% and the Crossco companies don't have shares with voting rights.

Yes, your right. It is Michael O’Neill, not David. Apologies.  And yes voting rights are same - but I never said they had changed. That’s not the point. The point is you don’t go to that trouble for no reason, and preparing part of company (I.e. the football club ownership) for sale would be one logical reason

It's not really trouble.  It's just some paperwork and that.  Selling MFC wouldn't be the only logical reason.

It's not really trouble.  It's just some paperwork and that.  Selling MFC wouldn't be the only logical reason.

Selling bulkhaul and going all in on MFC?!?

Selling bulkhaul and going all in on MFC?!?

Not unless he's certifiable :)

Maybe after the sterling work that Pulis has done 'balancing the books' with MFC they've decided to hand over the rest of the business to him.  Imagine all of the cost cutting miracles he could work within Gibson O'Neill and by God those trucks wouldn't break down as much!

On fmttm recently

Towards the end of last season, I think it was Nixon that said the PSG folk were looking at the championship. 2 Clubs were mentioned.. 1 was Sheff Wed and the other I've forgot the name of, but it wasn't Boro.

They're going to want a club with a big catchment and opportunities for growth.

I never said it was the only reason - in fact i gave two other possible reasons. Fact remains that however little trouble/paperwork you think it is, you don't wake up one morning and think"lets change the structure of the company". You only go to a professional adviser if you have a goal in mind. You tell them what you want to achieve and they tell you how to go about it. That's what will have happened here. i've seen this a number of times at work and creating new classes of shares are often about something being sold or transferred. Another reason is to restructure the group for tax reasons, which is a possible alternative.

I never said it was the only reason - in fact i gave two other possible reasons. Fact remains that however little trouble/paperwork you think it is, you don't wake up one morning and think"lets change the structure of the company". You only go to a professional adviser if you have a goal in mind. You tell them what you want to achieve and they tell you how to go about it. That's what will have happened here. i've seen this a number of times at work and creating new classes of shares are often about something being sold or transferred. Another reason is to restructure the group for tax reasons, which is a possible alternative.

I'm pretty sure the goal in mind is to give them and their families as much money as possible one way or another.