oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I saw Jamal Lowe from Pompey for the first time the other day - i think he would definitely fit the proposed new model and remember his name being mentioned in January. Looks pacey and direct.

What proposed new model? We ain't got rid of Pulis yet.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Isn’t he like 26/27?

Also, i think age isn't a reason why you should pass up on someone when you look at lower league players because people will just throw out the Jamie Vardy example.

I actually think we've got some decent players in our squad, despite what Pulis likes you to think. If he was to go, and a new man was to come in, I'd like to see a good overhaul but we'll need (or should) keep some experienced heads in there too.

I'd like to see a squad based around the following;

------------------------------ New keeper ------------------------ (bear with me before yelling at me)

New RB ----------- Fry ----------------- Ayala ---------- New LB 100%

------------------- McNair -------------- New CM ---------------

New RW -------------- Howson/Wing --------------- New LW/Tav

-------------------------Assombalonga/Fletcher ------------------

Obviously love Randolph, but if we can get decent money for him, I think he'll be off, we can probably buy a cheaper GK, and use the money more wisely.

Fry and Ayala still decent, like to see the back of Flint.

I think McNair will come good, I don't know why, just got a good feeling. I watched him at Sunderland, and was impressed. I think he just needs time played at CM. I'd get rid of Clayton as he's not the player he was, Besic too expensive (and I think we can do better), Saville not good enough for me, and Mikel obviously too expensive.

New wingers is a must, dear lord. I'd keep Tav and nurture him, possibly good enough for a start, but we need to reinvest here desperately (as we have for the last 5 years).

Howson's a decent player, experienced head and works hard, I'd keep him. Wing's creative and just come off the back of a good season. We wouldn't get much cash for him so why sell.

Assombalonga and Fletcher are good imo, they just suffer from awful play behind them. Forwards are the most expensive players, so why blow our budget on new forwards, before sorting out the creativity problem behind them!

I've rambled on enough, but in conclusion I'd like to free up some funds by offloading Randolph (if a good offer comes in and we can get a good, cheaper replacement), Clayton, Flint, Saville, Friend, Downing, and Braithwaite. I think that could create a decent budget to buy some young, fast, exciting players, whilst maintaining a decent spine.

I watched the Portsmouth game too and Coventry's #10 Bright Enobakhare caught my eye. He's 21 year old and is on loan from Wolves but is out of contract in the summer so could be a bargain.

Isn’t he like 26/27?

Also, i think age isn't a reason why you should pass up on someone when you look at lower league players because people will just throw out the Jamie Vardy example.

Also I never said it was?

just heard from my brother in law who is a freelance scout , he is going to  watch  jordan clark  this weekend  at accrinton stanley  for the benefit of two clubs  in the championship.   us and Sheff Wed...............just looked him up and out of contract in summer .  AM/Winger......25

What do we think will happen with Braithwaite? It appears after an initial good start at Leganes he hasn't done much since. Seems like bridges have been burnt on both sides, but will we be able to get a decent fee for him? Would like to be able to reinvest the money on a creative winger or two...

What do we think will happen with Braithwaite? It appears after an initial good start at Leganes he hasn't done much since. Seems like bridges have been burnt on both sides, but will we be able to get a decent fee for him? Would like to be able to reinvest the money on a creative winger or two...

I think we’ll struggle to find a club that will match his wages, let alone pay anywhere near what he cost us.

I imagine he’ll end up on loan again, with Boro paying a chunk of his wages. What an absolute waste of resources.

We should be able to get close to his value on our books. With two years gone on his 9 million transfer we should be able to recoup around 5 million for him. We have probably recieved some sort of loan fees these two times. He still has experience from Ligue 1 and has a few prominent goals in La Liga and is a regular international for Denmark. I would imagine he has a decent reputation on the continent, Wages will be the obvious obstacle and I'd imagine we have to make some sort of compromise where we pay of some of the remaining difference and he takes a hit himself.

I wonder if Traore might be a loan option in the summer. He is one of the Pulis success stories here. I think Wolves probably wont sell yet but next season I think he will find himself struggling to make the match day squad for them next season.

I can see one of the promoted clubs trying to loan him or even a club on the continent. I can't see him dropping to the championship unless he has no other suitors and Wolves tell him he will be on the edge of the match day squad.

I wonder if Traore might be a loan option in the summer. He is one of the Pulis success stories here. I think Wolves probably wont sell yet but next season I think he will find himself struggling to make the match day squad for them next season.

I'm trying to fathom how he was a "Tony Pulis success story"

Yes he improved when given a run of games in the team, but I remember terms like "headless chicken" been banded about. He was certainly the only player we had with any excitement but I fail to see how he was a success story and I don't see how Tony Pulis takes any credit, AK brought him in for a start.

I look at how many players under perform under Pulis to truly show his coaching skills

Do we think we'll still be playing 3 at the back next season? Circumstances seem to suggest we will have to, we have 4/5 senior CBs in the squad and we would need 2 new fullbacks and at least 2 new wingers to try and play a 4 at the back system. Whereas if we stick to a 3 at the back system we'd just need 2 new Wingbacks.

Given how seemingly tight things are going to be in the coming transfer windows I can't see us splashing out on a minimum of 4 new starters this summer...