oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I really don't think the squad has to be torn up and started again. We need the same thing we've needed for years now - two full backs and two wide players.

We are well stocked in all the central positions.

But on here we have been moaning about scouts and all that stuff for a good while now, good point about what we've always needed so surely our scouting and manager are crap as they can't identify what we need.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Id like to know how many players the scouts offerd Pulis and he turned down. He could of been offerd Lowe from Pompy but said no. Pulis was hell bent on getting his signings. Maybe Gibson refused funds in January because he knew Pulis will go.

This is what I was hoping wouldn’t happen. Our fans giving Gibson and his mates a get out of jail free card for what’s gone wrong and goes wrong over next few seasons because we all blame everything on pulis.

We've needed the same type of players for two and a half years and still not got them.

agree.  weve been desperately short of a Juninho/Merson/Tomlin/Ramirez type of player .  only person that has shown glimpses (without the assist ratio) was half a season of Adama.  

personally id prefer  a  genuine  classy playmaker over two wingers that may or may not  live up to expectations.

Id like to know how many players the scouts offerd Pulis and he turned down. He could of been offerd Lowe from Pompy but said no. Pulis was hell bent on getting his signings. Maybe Gibson refused funds in January because he knew Pulis will go.

This is what I was hoping wouldn’t happen. Our fans giving Gibson and his mates a get out of jail free card for what’s gone wrong and goes wrong over next few seasons because we all blame everything on pulis.

Nah I still think Gibson and the set up/mentality at the club needs to change drastically everyone deserves criticism. I just thinking maybe we did offer wingers and full backs and whoever said manager was in charge said no. What pees me off is we seem to sign players who can play multiple positions instead of a winger or a proper full back. Signing a striker and putting him on the left because he can do a job is the wrong attitude or signing a midfielder ie Saville and making him play left wing back. Shocking.

The failure to address width is pretty damning, but the recruitment hasn't been total crap. Also, we have brought in some wide players that have been injured or not selected by the manager. I'm guilty of being very negative a lot of the time.... but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some positive recent signings:

Wing - cracking cheap signing

Fletcher - shaky start but I have high hopes for next season. Looks a good young player

Britt - scores enough in a team that creates nothing. Prob overpaid a bit 

Randolph - what else is there to say. Fantastic signing

Howson - solid signing

Mikel - got to give credit here, class loan signing

Braithwaite - they obviously identified a good player... a better manager than Poolis or Monk could have built a team around this guy

McNair/Saville - I don't think its fair to write these two off just yet. Let's see both have a run of games in their correct position. I see people slating Savile when Dino-***head is playing him left back. Same with Paddy.

VLP/Harrison/Baker - Hard to judge any of these as they never got picked by the manager. Harrison is apparently good enough for a high flying Leeds team. Baker looks good at Reading.

McQueen - would have been a great little loan if he hadn't got injured. Obviously failed to replace him

Actually crap and not needed at all: Besic, Hugill, Flint, Marv Johnson

The failure to address width is pretty damning, but the recruitment hasn't been total crap. Also, we have brought in some wide players that have been injured or not selected by the manager. I'm guilty of being very negative a lot of the time.... but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some positive recent signings:

Fletcher - shaky start but I have high hopes for next season. Looks a good young player

Howson - solid signing

Braithwaite - they obviously identified a good player... a better manager than Poolis or Monk could have built a team around this guy

McNair/Saville - I don't think its fair to write these two off just yet. Let's see both have a run of games in their correct position. I see people slating Savile when Dino-***head is playing him left back. Same with Paddy.

VLP/Harrison/Baker - Hard to judge any of these as they never got picked by the manager. Harrison is apparently good enough for a high flying Leeds team. Baker looks good at Reading.

McQueen - would have been a great little loan if he hadn't got injured. Obviously failed to replace him

For all I agree with most of this in terms of the fact they’re decent players, it doesn’t escape the fact we’ve vastly overpaid for the majority of them. £15 mill for Britt, £9 mill for Braithwaite, £8 mill for Saville, £7 mill for Fletcher, £5 mill for Howson etc. A huge issue with our recruitment over the past couple seasons is the amount we’re paying for players. Even if they have turned out to be good championship players, the fact that we haven’t been promoted means there is still a pretty huge disconnect between the amount we’ve paid and the results it’s produced. We know promotion is possible on a tight, strategic budget. We have failed to get promotion with a large, aimless budget. So I’d still regard most of the players you’ve listed here as disappointments/ examples of bad recruitment.

Howson - solid signing

For all I agree with most of this in terms of the fact they’re decent players, it doesn’t escape the fact we’ve vastly overpaid for the majority of them. £15 mill for Britt, £9 mill for Braithwaite, £8 mill for Saville, £7 mill for Fletcher, £5 mill for Howson etc. A huge issue with our recruitment over the past couple seasons is the amount we’re paying for players. Even if they have turned out to be good championship players, the fact that we haven’t been promoted means there is still a pretty huge disconnect between the amount we’ve paid and the results it’s produced. We know promotion is possible on a tight, strategic budget. We have failed to get promotion with a large, aimless budget. So I’d still regard most of the players you’ve listed here as disappointments/ examples of bad recruitment.

Agreed that we've almost definitely overpaid. I guess the point I'm making is that the players we've signed aren't total rubbish, and for the right manager, there could be the bones of a good team there. 

Compare to Strachan when you looked round and had to say that pretty much all his signings weren't good enough, didn't matter what coach came in next.

We've needed the same type of players for two and a half years and still not got them.

agree.  weve been desperately short of a Juninho/Merson/Tomlin/Ramirez type of player .  only person that has shown glimpses (without the assist ratio) was half a season of Adama.  

personally id prefer  a  genuine  classy playmaker over two wingers that may or may not  live up to expectations.

I think Wing could be a playmaker with a bit more experience and if Pulis allowed him to be.

Lazy journalism I think.

Bolasie was obviously a pulis bum boy, expensive and flopped at his last 2 loan moves. Can’t see us going for him at all.

Even if Pulis is still the manager?  I can definitely see us signing him if Pulis is still here.

wages too high I believe. And please let pulis not still be manager anymore.

I think Wing plays better from deep. He has a range of passing none of our other midfielders have and if you put him higher up the pitch he doesn't see the ball as much.

Agree with this, he can make later runs forward and one two towards the edge of the box.