oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Have you heard whether we plan to sell Britt? I’d imagine fletcher is staying 

Not heard anything on players as individuals but if the money is right I can imagine no one is off limits

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I don't think we need a huge overhaul.

Randolph

Ayala

Fry

Flint

Howson

Clayton

Britt

Tav

Wing

Are all good enough to start. I might even include McNair if he's happy to play center back.

Friend is a nice reserve LB/CB, the latter in dire circumstances.

We need 2/3 wingers and a creative/no 10, a RB and LB and a poacher of a forward

If we can move on Gestede, Braithwaite (good enough but doesn't want to be here).

We've had a lot of natural wastage from last year's already small squad. Back up players will have to come from the youth system I feel.

Mcnair is better than you give him credit for, and will come good played in the right position. But in general I agree with you. It depends on who we keep though. Also the new manager recognising the best positions of players. 

I hope we’re all over; 

Odubajo

Knudsen

Lee Gregory 

Becker 

that solves the full back problems, a winger and a 3rd choice striker/poacher assuming we keep assombalonga and fletcher, probably for same wages as downing and Mikel were costing us, leaves us with a back up GK to sign (pears can be 2nd/3rd choice) and will hopefully cash in on some of our players  to bring in a quality left sided winger and a creative number 10 who can potentially play out wide or up front if asked. Just concering that we’re taking so long to announce a manager when we have some gaping holes in the squad.

44 minutes ago, gordy1000 said:

Mcnair is better than you give him credit for, and will come good played in the right position. But in general I agree with you. It depends on who we keep though. Also the new manager recognising the best positions of players. 

I think McNair is a decent footballer, but not a good enough midfielder, think he's a much better center back - not where he wants to play though

52 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I hope we’re all over; 

Odubajo

Knudsen

Lee Gregory 

Becker 

that solves the full back problems, a winger and a 3rd choice striker/poacher assuming we keep assombalonga and fletcher, probably for same wages as downing and Mikel were costing us, leaves us with a back up GK to sign (pears can be 2nd/3rd choice) and will hopefully cash in on some of our players  to bring in a quality left sided winger and a creative number 10 who can potentially play out wide or up front if asked. Just concering that we’re taking so long to announce a manager when we have some gaping holes in the squad.

Lee Gregory has already moved iirc. I wanna say somewhere like stoke?

59 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Lee Gregory has already moved iirc. I wanna say somewhere like stoke?

Ah think that'd have been an astute signing for us, cheap goals 

2 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I hope we’re all over; 

Odubajo Maybe 3 years ago

Knudsen No

Lee Gregory Already moved but NO

Becker Yes

I'd like to think we are going to be a bit more imaginative with our targets than this. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sarumite said:

I don't think we need a huge overhaul.

Randolph

Ayala

Fry

Flint

Howson

Clayton

Britt

Tav

Wing

Are all good enough to start. I might even include McNair if he's happy to play center back.

Friend is a nice reserve LB/CB, the latter in dire circumstances.

We need 2/3 wingers and a creative/no 10, a RB and LB and a poacher of a forward

If we can move on Gestede, Braithwaite (good enough but doesn't want to be here).

We've had a lot of natural wastage from last year's already small squad. Back up players will have to come from the youth system I feel.

All of those players are on the "sellable for the right price" list.

My thoughts are that if you get rid of Johnson, Gestede and Braithwaite somehow, then it leaves you with a squad of roughly 15 players. This i think will mean 8 players are needed to fill the void. Now whether they are signings or youth players it remains to be seen. This doesnt take into account any of the 15 that we sell to finance other deals. It is going to be a busy time. I am working on a squad of 23.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

The list otherwise known as our squad

Well, yeah. I don't expect Randolph to stay unless we can keep paying him 30k a week, same as a few of the other higher earners. I'd be gutted if the likes of Wing, Tav and Fry are sold, though.

2 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

My thoughts are that if you get rid of Johnson, Gestede and Braithwaite somehow, then it leaves you with a squad of roughly 15 players. This i think will mean 8 players are needed to fill the void. Now whether they are signings or youth players it remains to be seen. This doesnt take into account any of the 15 that we sell to finance other deals. It is going to be a busy time. I am working on a squad of 23.

We won't get rid of Johnson or Gestede as nobody wants them, Braithwaite will likely go back out on loan unless the club choose to take a massive hit on him. We can't keep paying him 55k a week that's for certain.

Just now, D.Z. said:

We won't get rid of Johnson or Gestede as nobody wants them, Braithwaite will likely go back out on loan unless the club choose to take a massive hit on him. We can't keep paying him 55k a week that's for certain.

Johnson will get sold on at a loss, but I agree with you that moving Gestede on may be a problem.