oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Was Braithwaite that great under monk though? The best I seen him was under pulis when he played in a 2 with Britt, I’d be happy with him staying if they reproduced that form but can we trust him to last the season?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Armster said:

whats this golden thread thing about?

also I'm looking forward to seeing who the first recruitments are now that we've got the team together. I don't expect anything for a week or two though.

The golden thread is the thought that every age group will play the exact same way as the first team to keep a consistent approach so the youngsters can move through the age groups more seamlessly.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

My CM's starting for next year would be Howson and McNair, with Wing further forward. I'd accept a bid for Clayton if it came in tbh, I would for Saville too but doubt anyone will want him especially at £7m.

Honest question; is Tavernier really that good? We all seem to be saying 'build a team around Wing, Fry and Tav'. Fry and Wing have impressed me consistently, but I don't know if I've seen a great deal from Tav yet. Obviously this is slightly unfair as he wasn't utilised much by the Capped one. Whats people's thoughts?

I don't know what Tavernier can do because he's never really been given an opportunity to show it.  He certainly had an impact on some games last season when he did get some time on the park but we'll only really know what he's about when he gets a good run of games.  That isn't going to happen sitting on the bench or not even being in squads at all.

On Braithwaite I think we have to sell him.  Clearly he wanted out because of Pulis but I think the club will struggle to place any kind of reliance on someone who has been here for two seasons and spent half of both somewhere else.  The fact that he's also highly paid would make it prudent to get rid and move on.

3 minutes ago, johnhorse said:

45 goals in 177 league appearances, not the most prolific of first links for our new look attacking Middlesbrough, that. Haha.

9 minutes ago, johnhorse said:

We tried to sign him from Zurich last year for 2m and had apparently sent scouts to watch him play in a swiss cup final where he scored a worldie, looked like a good powerful target man, be interesting to see him with two wide men with good delivery, seems good in the air too.

This is the kind of link that crops up if after 2 years of buying domestic only they go back to Gary Gill and his statroom and let him loose on Europe again. Couple of alarm bells rang when I read the transfer policy article today the number 1 issue is the club prioritizing signing players the club have tracked long term as signings rather than at a managers behest it didn't work out so well last time we did that with Fischer, Jese and co.

Michael Frey's the perfect example Gill could say we watched him 2 years ago he looked prodigal but the policy of not signing from abroad let him slip through. Now surely the evidence is he's done pretty poorly in the Turkish league why would we risk putting our eggs in this basket, sorry MFC manager you're outvoted we're signing Frey.

Story might be BS but I want a clean break no Knudsens/Freemans/Grosickis/Snodgrass/Wallace/Guardiolas if they mean all the words they said I don't see why we'd be remotely interested in Frey we have a 6 ft 2 striker contracted Ashley Fletcher not sure we need to stockpile them.

Could just be the club or agent trying to stir up some interest and they're just linking previous teams that were in for him.

By the confirmed signings we've just made it looks like we are looking to develop players through the ranks. 

35 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

This is the kind of link that crops up if after 2 years of buying domestic only they go back to Gary Gill and his statroom and let him loose on Europe again. Couple of alarm bells rang when I read the transfer policy article today the number 1 issue is the club prioritizing signing players the club have tracked long term as signings rather than at a managers behest it didn't work out so well last time we did that with Fischer, Jese and co.

Michael Frey's the perfect example Gill could say we watched him 2 years ago he looked prodigal but the policy of not signing from abroad let him slip through. Now surely the evidence is he's done pretty poorly in the Turkish league why would we risk putting our eggs in this basket, sorry MFC manager you're outvoted we're signing Frey.

Story might be BS but I want a clean break no Knudsens/Freemans/Grosickis/Snodgrass/Wallace/Guardiolas if they mean all the words they said I don't see why we'd be remotely interested in Frey we have a 6 ft 2 striker contracted Ashley Fletcher not sure we need to stockpile them.

I mean theres being confident in Woodgate and then saying you dont want Guardiola.

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I suppose  the difference in philosophy now means that if the players are bought we will play to their strengths and those strengths fit into our new attacking style. Just because they didnt work out here though doesn’t make them bad players. Fischer had an excellent season in Denmark. 11 goals and 17 assists. Maybe we just used him wrong.

14 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Could just be the club or agent trying to stir up some interest and they're just linking previous teams that were in for him.

By the confirmed signings we've just made it looks like we are looking to develop players through the ranks. 

Yeah it could be but if I understand how things have been working behind the scenes then the sort of way we're looking to do things has already been in place so it would be logical to assume that some of the names we were interested in will be ones we are still interested in.  Back in January Pulis wanted to do a couple of things that the club blocked and we wanted to do a things that Pulis said no to.  I assume this will work along similar lines to that in practice.

• Like 1