oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

All the players mentioned in the last page or two were all during Orta's time here. So it could be argued that he was responsible for finding them, as opposed to the current scouts.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

All the players mentioned in the last page or two were all during Orta's time here. So it could be argued that he was responsible for finding them, as opposed to the current scouts.

Good point tbf, but didn’t gill also say he had been following de roons and Fischer for a few seasons? Suggests they were his targets?

Maybe gill wanted Fischer and orta wanted Ziyech

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

Could be some truth to that.  The current lot are more the Van La Parra and Flint selections really.  And Hugill.  So we're in safe hands.

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Could be some truth to that.  The current lot are more the Van La Parra and Flint selections really.  And Hugill.  So we're in safe hands.

A shudder just ran right through me.

I dont know what our scouting department have been doing the last 2 and a half years to be honest. Every one of our signings could have been picked out by anyone with a casual interest in the top couple of divisions in England. Wing has probably been the only signing that would have required any work at all.

Read a piece the other day saying Liverpool scout a player for 20+ straight games to get a balanced opinion.

Lindlof was apparently all but signed for £3m before they pulled the plug due to an injury crisis. The rest is history.

32 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I dont know what our scouting department have been doing the last 2 and a half years to be honest. Every one of our signings could have been picked out by anyone with a casual interest in the top couple of divisions in England. Wing has probably been the only signing that would have required any work at all.

Pretty sure that Wing was definitely Gill

17 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Read a piece the other day saying Liverpool scout a player for 20+ straight games to get a balanced opinion.

Lindlof was apparently all but signed for £3m before they pulled the plug due to an injury crisis. The rest is history.

I might be being a bit harsh here but hasn't he been kinda underwhelming for Man Utd?  I accept that they signed him for big money and of course it's all relative but I haven't really seen what they paid it all for so far.  On top of that we're talking about a central defender, which let's face it wasn't really one of the areas we needed to improve upon.  I can't say I'm remotely bothered about missing out on him and until he starts playing consistently well I'll see him more as a £3m player than a £30m one.

I th

21 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I might be being a bit harsh here but hasn't he been kinda underwhelming for Man Utd?  I accept that they signed him for big money and of course it's all relative but I haven't really seen what they paid it all for so far.  On top of that we're talking about a central defender, which let's face it wasn't really one of the areas we needed to improve upon.  I can't say I'm remotely bothered about missing out on him and until he starts playing consistently well I'll see him more as a £3m player than a £30m one.

I believe he was seen as a RB/CB AND he would have been an improvement on all the RB's we had at the time but it's all about perceptions

To prove the point people on here where up in arms when we went after Maguire now Leicester are wanting £80m+ .

8 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

I th

I believe he was seen as a RB/CB AND he would have been an improvement on all the RB's we had at the time but it's all about perceptions

To prove the point people on here where up in arms when we went after Maguire now Leicester are wanting £80m+ .

Lol, I think you'll find there was one very specific poster up in arms about Maguire, the rest of us were fine with it lol.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Lol, I think you'll find there was one very specific poster up in arms about Maguire, the rest of us were fine with it lol.

You thinK Man? Who might that've been?

• Haha 1