oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

If woody really wants to play attacking football then Braithwaite might become a central part in his plans so it could be more benfitial for him to stay another year, score some goals and then with only a year left on his contract go for less next season maybe.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

There is no way Bamford is going to play for England. I can understand why he doesn't want to play for a country unless he really feels for it, but if he is holding out for a future with England he is going to be disappointed. Granted miracles do happen, but I doubt it's going to happen here.

There is another possibility that he doesn't want to play for the international equivalent of Boro over the past 18 months.  Have you seen Ireland play recently?  The Irish lads and lasses on here must have been just about suicidal watching us and them lately.  They have my sympathy ☘️

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

There is another possibility that he doesn't want to play for the international equivalent of Boro over the past 18 months.  Have you seen Ireland play recently?  The Irish lads and lasses on here must have been just about suicidal watching us and them lately.  They have my sympathy ☘️

I have seen them play multiple times as Denmark can't seem to avoid them. Genuinely one of the worst teams I've seen in ages. Sorry NB4. It was better the other week though since they've replaced Martin O'Neill. It would be an easy way for some international games and exposure for Bamford though.

Just now, Borodane said:

I have seen them play multiple times as Denmark can't seem to avoid them. Genuinely one of the worst teams I've seen in ages. Sorry NB4. It was better the other week though since they've replaced Martin O'Neill. It would be an easy way for some international games and exposure for Bamford though.

We have probably the worst Ireland squad in my life time. Our two best outfield players are both right backs! Sadly we dont have much choice but to play we do with the current crop of players. It is really really awful to watch though. 

On 6/14/2019 at 1:24 PM, D.Z. said:

Jonas Knudsen

Have you heard anything on this again DZ? It's been the only real rumour for a while now. Just wondering if we can expect it soon.

Not sure I'm on board with going through yet another pre season hoping Braithwaite and his wife are happy here it seems like a terrible gamble for Woody to make. It's pretty irrelevant whether fans forgive him we saw last year in August how quickly he was forgiven a goal or two and he'll be forgiven my problem is the 2 previous managers got a combined 3-4 months of him playing well between them over 2 years.

Big call to decide to keep him and put him in the team but if Woody's planning a 4231 he might think Braithwaite's his best option at the club for just behind a striker.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

If woody really wants to play attacking football then Braithwaite might become a central part in his plans so it could be more benfitial for him to stay another year, score some goals and then with only a year left on his contract go for less next season maybe.

Personally I'd cut Braithwaite up an use him in crab pots,prob get more for the waste of oxygen

• Haha 1

Re Braithwaite. 

I geniunley dont think he wants to be here. I think he came initially with the confidence we will go back up and he can play in PL in his 2nd season He seems to be hiding behind fact he did not get on TP or his tactics. But bottom line is he was playing regularly and performing under TP at 31st Aug when his head was turned. Now if someone who really wants to be here and is playing regularly and performing (even under a manager whose tactics they dont overly agree with) then your head would not be turned to extent Braithwaites was.

For me we need to stop hoping Braithwaite will settle in this team. He imo does not want to be part of a championship team, regardless of who manager is.

3 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Personally I'd cut Braithwaite up an use him in crab pots,prob get more for the waste of oxygen

Can anyone that's ITK confirm that we have a "Crab bait clause" that we can activate in his contract please?

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Not sure I'm on board with going through yet another pre season hoping Braithwaite and his wife are happy here it seems like a terrible gamble for Woody to make. It's pretty irrelevant whether fans forgive him we saw last year in August how quickly he was forgiven a goal or two and he'll be forgiven my problem is the 2 previous managers got a combined 3-4 months of him playing well between them over 2 years.

Big call to decide to keep him and put him in the team but if Woody's planning a 4231 he might think Braithwaite's his best option at the club for just behind a striker.

Tough to say that Monk didn't get anything out of him. Apart from his early injury I seem to remember he was playing well for Monk. He didn't like playing as a very deep winger under Pulis though and was largely poor. Also he was best early season last year when Pulis actually played him up front. Then lost his motivation when he wasn't allowed to leave and Pulis again changed to a defensive mindset.

It would be best for all if we got a decent offer and he left without us paying any of his large wages, but if that doesn't happen then all parties need to make sure that he performs as he is still a talented player for this league. But it requires building some bridges from all parties. With Pulis gone I think that's going to be a bit easier as the two seemed to hate each other.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Braithwaite's issue was with Pulis. The things he said was the same as most fans. 

As said, that doesn't stop a player from playing or trying. Reduce effectiveness, yes. But as one of, if not the highest earner at the club, he didn't just sign to play for Monk or in an attacking team. He signed for the money too and still gets that money, I imagine? I don't see why anyone really feels for the guy, he's rinsing us and he's messed us about. The idea of giving him a bit of a free ride just because he had a problem with Pulis is a bit alien to me. I'm sure there were others who had a problem with him but got on with it.

• Like 1

If 433 turns out to be Woodie's preference, it feels like we're a few players off a decent team:

------------------ Randolph ------------------
-- ??????? --- Ayala ---- Fry --- ??????? --
------ Howson --- McNair --- Wing -------
--- ???????  ----------------- Tavenier  ---
------------------ Fletcher--------------------

I'd sell Britt to fund the players we need to pull off whatever Woodie's vision is.

Ayala/Flint aren't amazing, but should be good enough at this level to partner Fry.

Keane isn't going to allow any 'miserable so-and-sos' so I can't see Braithwaite featuring. I'd rather develop Tav in that position.

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

As said, that doesn't stop a player from playing or trying. Reduce effectiveness, yes. But as one of, if not the highest earner at the club, he didn't just sign to play for Monk or in an attacking team. He signed for the money too and still gets that money, I imagine? I don't see why anyone really feels for the guy, he's rinsing us and he's messed us about. The idea of giving him a bit of a free ride just because he had a problem with Pulis is a bit alien to me. I'm sure there were others who had a problem with him but got on with it.

I think for most (me anyway) it's less about overlooking what has gone on in the past than it is about looking forward and giving the squad a fresh start. For me, that includes the braithwaite issue -much like I'm willing to give the underperformers another chance.

Of course that all goes out the window if he comes back and says he doesnt want to play for us. 

19 minutes ago, Boro Badger said:

If 433 turns out to be Woodie's preference, it feels like we're a few players off a decent team:

------ Howson --- McNair --- Wing -------
--- ???????  ----------------- Tavenier  ---
------------------ Fletcher--------------------

I'd sell Britt to fund the players we need to pull off whatever Woodie's vision is.

Ayala/Flint aren't amazing, but should be good enough at this level to partner Fry.

Keane isn't going to allow any 'miserable so-and-sos' so I can't see Braithwaite featuring. I'd rather develop Tav in that position.

You'd sell one of the best scorers in the division to buy full backs?

Personally I'd like to see 4-2-3-1

-------------Howson ------ Wing -------------
--- ???????------Braithwaite--- ??????? ----
----------------Assombalonga----------------

at home and away play clayton and shotton/friend