Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

If selling McNair for £5m meant we could reinvest in Lowe and have some change left over for some rough diamonds then I'm all for it.

I agree. 

I think McNair and Saville are too similar in the middle of the park and we are more likely to make a profit/recoup what we originally paid selling McNair. Investing in full backs and wingers is the priority for me. 

52 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/bolton-youngster-to-decide-next-move-in-few-weeks-1-6129148

Norwich local paper confirms some rumours about Luca Connell they say Norwich and Boro both in for him with Norwich trying to slot him in their U23 setup. I honestly have no clue about him but can't imagine we'd be promising him more than U23 football as well, right?

Probably not. We might be able to offer him a shorter route to the first team though and better facilities (without knowing Norwich' standards). And a lot closer to Bolton - if that matters.

We're pretty well stocked in CM, especially considering we seem to have a few highly rated academy CM's like Malley and Liddle, so selling McNair won't cause us any huge problems in terms of squad quality and depth. McNair has failed to impose himself here for whatever reasons and if we do sell him, like it appears we're keen to do, then I'll be quite saddened to see him leave without being given a chance under Woodgate here. However, business is business and clearly the club seem content to letting him go - probably with us needing to redress the squad balance and wage bill - so I'm sure selling McNair will help open the door for new players in positions that we're desperate for like fullbacks and wingers. We've got a lot of work to do and not a great deal of time to do it so hopefully McNair leaving can kick-start our transfer activity.

3 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Paddy will be gone in next 2 weeks... club actively looking to get a deal done quickly.

Club or Woodgate or both?  It seemed from what was posted yesterday that it was the club driving the sale rather than Woodgate. 

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

IMO the club panic bought Saville after missing out on every other target Pulis actually wanted

If that was true then we tried to panic buy him and the other Millwall lad together before settling on just him.

The Saville story is that Pulis was harping on about needing a "10 goal midfielder", the club then used Wikipedia to find a midfielder who had scored 10 or more championship goals the season before, then quick as you like signed off on 7m big ones for him the very same day. That's my version of events and I'm sticking to it! 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Club or Woodgate or both?  It seemed from what was posted yesterday that it was the club driving the sale rather than Woodgate. 

He may have been told that there needs to be offloaded some players to fund incomings and if there were any players he doesn't want sold. If McNair isn't on that list then the club will try to sell him. I'd imagine Woodgate will have named players like Fry, Randolph, Wing and Tav as players that should not be sold. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He may have been told that there needs to be offloaded some players to fund incomings and if there were any players he doesn't want sold. If McNair isn't on that list then the club will try to sell him. I'd imagine Woodgate will have named players like Fry, Randolph, Wing and Tav as players that should not be sold. 

The suggestion was that he was keen to have a look at him but that the club were looking to sell.  That's what I'm referring to albeit it might not be true of course.

That seems reasonable. Selling McNair might not be something Woodgate actively wants to do but he also might not be desperate to keep him if there are players he does want to fund moves for and if McNair is an asset the club considers capable of making some money on right now, then it makes sense right now.

Still, unless we somehow make a profit on him then it's still calls into question the thinking when buying him.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The suggestion was that he was keen to have a look at him but that the club were looking to sell.  That's what I'm referring to albeit it might not be true of course.

I'd imagine he'd like to take a close look at all players, although still be OK if they are sold. Woody should have seen plenty of the players though considering he's been around the team for a few years.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

That seems reasonable. Selling McNair might not be something Woodgate actively wants to do but he also might not be desperate to keep him if there are players he does want to fund moves for and if McNair is an asset the club considers capable of making some money on right now, then it makes sense right now.

Still, unless we somehow make a profit on him then it's still calls into question the thinking when buying him.

Don't go too far down that rabbit hole Wilson... you wont like what you find, and we don't want to lose you for another few months!

• Haha 1