oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I'm just waiting for CT to sarcastically respond to this with:

8 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Don't go too far down that rabbit hole Wilson... you wont like what you find, and we don't want to lose you for another few months!

Speak for yourself ?

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

That seems reasonable. Selling McNair might not be something Woodgate actively wants to do but he also might not be desperate to keep him if there are players he does want to fund moves for and if McNair is an asset the club considers capable of making some money on right now, then it makes sense right now.

Still, unless we somehow make a profit on him then it's still calls into question the thinking when buying him.

I mentioned this yesterday but I think the subsequent signings of saville, besic and later mikel would be the more burning question. Imagine where we could have been had we took the loan and wage fees from besic and the fee and wages from saville and put them towards a quality winger and a quality full back instead. We simply didnt need more centre midfielders.

16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I'd imagine he'd like to take a close look at all players, although still be OK if they are sold. Woody should have seen plenty of the players though considering he's been around the team for a few years.

Either he wants to keep a player and take a closer look or he's already seen plenty of him and he's ok selling.  It can't be both.  That's why I was asking Smoggydownsouth if he knew who was pushing it, if indeed they aren't agreement.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm just waiting for CT to sarcastically respond to this with:

Speak for yourself ?

He's getting slower and slower these days ?

If we didn't have Besic and Saville at the start of last season we'd have gone in with Leadboots, Clayton, Howson, Wing and kind of McNair but if I remember last pre season correctly McNair played advanced midfield in friendlies got talked up by Pulis then injured his elbow or shoulder missed the first few weeks and that was that for him.

Plus it was clear in the early cup games Pulis liked McNair as RWB/CB cover and I'm not a Clayton hater or a Howson hater but the pair of them aren't playing 40 Championship games and asking Wing/Saville to play a deeper role just wastes them. I think we're 1 senior midfielder short right now to be honest Liddle's played maybe 8 professional games and Malley's probably up to covering Howson at least but that's rolling a dice we had 3 real holding midfielders in May to 1 now in Clayton I think having 2 is a sweet spot. 

I see alot of stuff about us all not caring anymore, it'll take time, just want to see goals etc but the reality is we have fees and wages tied up in Randolph, Howson, Britt, Fletcher who's contract's will be at the point next summer where we'll have to cash them out that's not even mentioning the wages tied up in the Friends/Claytons/Ayalas it really is now or never for this squad next summer's going to be a firesale of the Monk summers signings before their contracts get to 12 months remaining. There has to be an urgency at the club to make sure we aren't just looking at 500-900k teenagers alot of our squad will be gone in 12 months if we fail again and I doubt the club will be forking out the 400k a week plus in wages for the next 12 months to finish 11th I don't think personally the club have the mentality where anywhere above 15th is success the pressure's on big time this summer.

Edited by Jamie-H
1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

SDS, Luker, RAFSmog any news on Martin B moving on, I suppose he's on extended holiday due to the internationals

Not heard anything lately but was told before woody announced etc that he could go for 6mil

• Like 1
5 hours ago, estonpidge said:

Yes, I know the links work fine hence I put them on there for anyone who wants to read the whole piece.
However I get a message on a regular basis saying that I have read my free quota of articles for the month or week and I assumed that others would be in a similar position etc.
I apologise for trying to be inclusive of the whole of the forum and in future will run all possible posts by your good self as the self appointed editor of the forum.

Apology accepted my good man, glad to see you're falling line.

I thought Accountants, Teachers and IT people were on decent salaries, but they can't afford a quid? - I read every article on the Boro and have no problem, you must be caning the rag.

theres some proper cheapskates on here like, so basically you share everything you read because some people on here haven't got either the nous to find out or are aren't willing to part with a pound a month?

Happy babysitting, enjoy your copy and paste job.

For anyone who can work a browser and can tie their own shoelaces just look here

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Championship/Middlesbrough - saves waiting for copy and pastes.

So Jamal Lowe is ongoing.... we are interested though Pompey keep moving goalposts on fee etc... If it’s not done soon we will walk away... also working on Ryan Kent and Victor Moses both loans. Ben Gibson if it happens will be a deadline day loan if he can’t get prem move... MB is on way out as is Paddy. Club think Malley will become our first choice holding midfielder over the coming season...

1 hour ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Apology accepted my good man, glad to see you're falling line.

I thought Accountants, Teachers and IT people were on decent salaries, but they can't afford a quid? - I read every article on the Boro and have no problem, you must be caning the rag.

theres some proper cheapskates on here like, so basically you share everything you read because some people on here haven't got either the nous to find out or are aren't willing to part with a pound a month?

Happy babysitting, enjoy your copy and paste job.

For anyone who can work a browser and can tie their own shoelaces just look here

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Championship/Middlesbrough - saves waiting for copy and pastes.

I don't often post on here but Randy Sandwich you do come across as a vvanker of the absolute highest order.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

So Jamal Lowe is ongoing.... we are interested though Pompey keep moving goalposts on fee etc... If it’s not done soon we will walk away... also working on Ryan Kent and Victor Moses both loans. Ben Gibson if it happens will be a deadline day loan if he can’t get prem move... MB is on way out as is Paddy. Club think Malley will become our first choice holding midfielder over the coming season...

Ryan Kent and Victor moses, we do love to chase the same players season after season don't we....

Cheers for the info anyways