oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Adam, I have just warned the forum about crossing boundaries and here we go again within minutes another insulting post labelling the Manager.

You are entitled to think what you like but to directly name call someone is bad taste especially on a public forum.

It really is about time to stop this attitude and I would ask all to consider getting behind the team and management instead of tearing it apart, and yes I see the irony about my attitude towards certain players however never stooping to pathetic name calling

Name calling, its true! How can you get behind the team when SG doesnt do anything properly. Sometimes in life the truth hurts and needs to be told. Handle it like a man and take it. Where are the boundaries, I have a right to my opinion and its not only mine. I live a lavish life in Dubai and know what Jonathan is like, I have partied with him. My uncle in Boro who has never left has told me the mess the club is in and its not just him. So calm your passions and if you dont like it comment but dont be a baby about it. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

If you were a business owner would you tell your workers your flat broke?? If SG came out and said that the gates would fall more than they will... clubs will prey on us like vultures for players

Hmm yes I was thinking from a fan’s perspective. Guess he’s learnt from doing the opposite and talking about smashing the league/spending heavily (‘we should have more resources than any other club’) so teams ripped us off ay

2 minutes ago, AdamBoro said:

Name calling, its true! How can you get behind the team when SG doesnt do anything properly. Sometimes in life the truth hurts and needs to be told. Handle it like a man and take it. Where are the boundaries, I have a right to my opinion and its not only mine. I live a lavish life in Dubai and know what Jonathan is like, I have partied with him. My uncle in Boro who has never left has told me the mess the club is in and its not just him. So calm your passions and if you dont like it comment but dont be a baby about it. 

#humblebrag

• Haha 1
Just now, boronutter said:

adamboro,methinks you listento too many stories son,just because people say things doesnt always mean its true,maybe some are a tad envious of him.give the bloke a chance for fs!!

Will of course give him a chance, but dont say I didnt warn you of what he is like. 

• Like 1
On 6/28/2019 at 12:16 PM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Hate to be "that guy you all hate" but I did say a few months ago that we had no money and Woodgate would be made manager as he'd accept there would be very little funds for transfers.

Also we're definitely not aiming to be promoted this season, maybe the season after but it depends on what sort of team we can build. It was important to keep some of our key players from last season and tie the younger players down to longer contracts (not very well paid contracts which is why Brahimi is off.)

Yeah you did to be fair

I mean I'm pretty sure our annual wage bill alone puts us in losses against revenue but that's always been the case the season we pulled 9 million for Rhodes we were also running on loans it's not a big deal budget wise I don't think, I don't know our exact wage bill but it's got to be north of 400k a week which is insane.

Downing walking away was a 14 million investment walking out the door and Gestede's 9 million with their fees and wages throw in Howson potentially next May walking away there's another 10 million but I think Howson's got a 4th year option not entirely sure. That's 23 million into a dark hole this summer and maybe 10 million coming up into an abyss next summer that's 33 million between 3 players walking out, it's not like we're well run financially they just make it work like they always have. If it was as doom and gloom as people say it wouldn't stop at McNair we'd be talking cashing out on Fletcher, Britt, Howson, Shotton, Friend, Ayala, Clayton and Randolph we'd wipeout every 30kish a week player off the books revert to a squad of 15/20k a week players with 1 or 2 exceptions and that yearly wage bill would be halved to within operating revenue.

Unless you see those kind of sales it's business as usual you can't be in a terrible financial situation and not sell a 13 million pound 40k+ a week asset in Britt it'd be malpractice especially considering Britt has 2 years left this would be the prime time to sell him before his value decays next summer. There's also Johnson/Ayala/Friend/Shotton/maybe Howson who are out of contract next summer surely we cash in right now and get something for them if the money worries are serious?

• Like 1
On 6/28/2019 at 11:45 AM, Downsouth said:

Guys various boundaries have been crossed within the last page or two where most of us have agreed that we would not go there as it is not football related, also ensuring offensive name calling is displayed and pedantic attitudes being shown.

Please, please stop this and get back to some decency between all members. 

He only called me a *** ffs, at least he didn't suggest bringing Stuani back because we all know that's an immediate ban. 

2 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

He only called me a *** ffs, at least he didn't suggest bringing Stuani back because we all know that's an immediate ban. 

God you guys are obsessed with going around in circles and trying to point score.... Just as the page starts to move onto transfer discussions one of you pop up with a comment about an argument nobody cares about. Here is an idea, how about leave the pages to people who just want to discuss Boro and start a new thread titled 'Playground antics'. 

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Told you yesterday how broke we were...

Two things, you said a week or two ago that you'd heard we had £15m to spend.  If you keep giving contradictory information then you are almost certainly going to be correct at some point.  That's not a dig just an observation.

Borrowing money is just borrowing money.  Where do people think that the money comes from that we spend?  Companies often borrow money for liquidity i.e. so that they have actual cash to spend and then borrow against future earnings, which I'm assuming is what we've done here but I haven't taken a look at it yet.

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Hate to be "that guy you all hate" but I did say a few months ago that we had no money and Woodgate would be made manager as he'd accept there would be very little funds for transfers.

Also we're definitely not aiming to be promoted this season, maybe the season after but it depends on what sort of team we can build. It was important to keep some of our key players from last season and tie the younger players down to longer contracts (not very well paid contracts which is why Brahimi is off.)

I thought that was me?  Are you trying to muscle in on my racket, Denzel? ?

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Borrowing money is just borrowing money.  Where do people think that the money comes from that we spend?  Companies often borrow money for liquidity i.e. so that they have actual cash to spend and then borrow against future earnings, which I'm assuming is what we've done here but I haven't taken a look at it yet.

That's exactly how I see it. We obviously need some short term cash, for our own transfer dealings this summer, whilst we wait for specific transfer clauses to kick in.

• Like 1