oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

That's exactly how I see it. We obviously need some short term cash, for our own transfer dealings this summer, whilst we wait for specific transfer clauses to kick in.

If you look further down this guys tweets it also shows Brighton submitting a similar document taking out money against future TV deal revenue. TBH I think it more than likely signals us making a signing soon as we're trying to generate some liquidity against future revenue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Two things, you said a week or two ago that you'd heard we had £15m to spend.  If you keep giving contradictory information then you are almost certainly going to be correct at some point.  That's not a dig just an observation.

Borrowing money is just borrowing money.  Where do people think that the money comes from that we spend?  Companies often borrow money for liquidity i.e. so that they have actual cash to spend and then borrow against future earnings, which I'm assuming is what we've done here but I haven't taken a look at it yet.

I fully agree the info is contradictory CT and I cannot deny that. I was only told this yesterday and just relaying what I’m told... is it a load of BS?? Quite possibly...would I hang my hat on it... never. I’m not SG or NB and can only advise what I’m told. 

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

This is exactly what I meant with my post. Probably didn't come across that way!

My post was meant to be agreeing with what you were saying ?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Your sugar daddy must be a very generous man ?

All my own work bro, and thats is why I no longer live in the dump UK. You have become far too soft and everything you say offends someone. I am still a Boro fan, but unfortunately they are going nowhere for any time soon, until they use professionals and not these amateurs.  

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

My post was meant to be agreeing with what you were saying ?

You were both merely agreeing with what I said in the first place.  Winner! ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, AdamBoro said:

All my own work bro, and thats is why I no longer live in the dump UK. You have become far too soft and everything you say offends someone. I am still a Boro fan, but unfortunately they are going nowhere for any time soon, until they use professionals and not these amateurs.  

It sounds to me like you couldn't hack it here and fled overseas in shame.

4 hours ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Ouch, another no mark with an irrelevant opinion with nothing to contribute - I'll cry myself to sleep tonight. 

The thing is Randy I get the feeling you'll be doing that alone.

Anyway, borrowing money doesn't mean that you're skint.  Often it means you are asset rich but cash poor basically.  In this case we appear to be borrowing money against future transfer fee receipts, which is commonplace within football.  I assume it's against one of the transfers made last summer or perhaps more than one.

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

I can't remember where I saw it but I'm sure I read that if we got 5m for him it would actually be an accounting profit of over 1m.

Yeah because his value on our books will be lower than it was this time last year when we signed him as one year has passed and his book value has depreciated in turn.  So for FFP purposes it will show as a profit if we sold him now for the same price we paid for him.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It sounds to me like you couldn't hack it here and fled overseas in shame.

Nope ha ha, stay in grotty UK or live like a king, and travel the world. Very tough choice! 

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah because his value on our books will be lower than it was this time last year when we signed him as one year has passed and his book value has depreciated in turn.  So for FFP purposes it will show as a profit if we sold him now for the same price we paid for him.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense ?

22 minutes ago, AdamBoro said:

Tbh i'd rather live in the "dump UK" than a backwards country that oppresses women and homosexuals and has a horrific human rights record, but you do you, eh.

• Like 5