Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Aye, I suppose anyone that has decent interest in them has a chance of moving on.  I'd sooner sell Howson than him though probably if we were selling a midfielder, Clayton as well.  

Ye, given a choice out of keeping McNair or Howson I'd rather keep hold of McNair

• Like 1

I feel Clayton could be a big player under JW if he adopts the style of play we are anticipating which is a quick moving and high pressing 4.3.3. That sort of play requires a very disciplined defensive midfielder and Clayton is best we got in that role imo.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I feel Clayton could be a big player under JW if he adopts the style of play we are anticipating which is a quick moving and high pressing 4.3.3. That sort of play requires a very disciplined defensive midfielder and Clayton is best we got in that role imo.

I think it will be interesting to see how all our midfielders play in our new system. The shackles have been pretty much on for the past 5 years. Saville and Howson have been better in different teams. Wing played well in his maiden season for us and Malley seems to be rated. Clayton didnt have his best season last year but I have always liked him. He is probably the most natural defensive midfielder we have.

• Like 2

Imo, the local rags have been hyping stuff up way too much. Acting like we are doing stuff in training that other teams can't do. Proof is in the pudding. Soon find out who we are in pre season games and the first 6 games. Fingers crossed though, but jurys still out for me

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Imo, the local rags have been hyping stuff up way too much. Acting like we are doing stuff in training that other teams can't do. Proof is in the pudding. Soon find out who we are in pre season games and the first 6 games. Fingers crossed though, but jurys still out for me

Yeah totally agree as i was thinking the same. I enjoy watching the training videos (i imagine these videos will be less frequent when we do tactics and shape). 

However, the current stuff we are doing is beyond basic as far as football training is concerned. And that is no criticism of coaching team as its first week but the Gazette really does need to calm down and stop getting soo excited over things i imagine literally every professional (and even non professional teams for that matter) in the world will be doing.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah totally agree as i was thinking the same. I enjoy watching the training videos (i imagine these videos will be less frequent when we do tactics and shape). 

However, the current stuff we are doing is beyond basic as far as football training is concerned. And that is no criticism of coaching team as its first week but the Gazette really does need to calm down and stop getting soo excited over things i imagine literally every professional (and even non professional teams for that matter) in the world will be doing.

probably more to do with the stark difference compared to last year

24 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

I don't think that sounds like they're doing much different to what they usually do. Proof is always in what we see. For now, people can either get on board with positivity or be sceptical about what's to come and I don't particularly see the problem with either. Everything's a bit of an unknown quantity, nobody really knows what to expect so it's about as exciting as we ourselves make it out to be.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think that sounds like they're doing much different to what they usually do. Proof is always in what we see. For now, people can either get on board with positivity or be sceptical about what's to come and I don't particularly see the problem with either. Everything's a bit of an unknown quantity, nobody really knows what to expect so it's about as exciting as we ourselves make it out to be.

Oh i agree. Hope to hell we succeed. Be nothing better than a local crop doing well, just not convinced yet. Happy to hold my hands up though if im wrong, and ill still be at the games haha

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

There is no excitement attached to it at all ?

Is there ANYTHING happening on the transfer front? Does anyone have a list of in's and out's that they could post?

Edit..... That's assuming that there has been some movement.....

Just flicked through the last few pages and there's nothing but the same old..... ?