oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Dont think theres any harm in taking a look. I wouldnt be signing him without a trial to prove his fitness though. Any long term impacts of his injury should  be picked up through a trial and medical - like others have said it's not like hes injury prone where you might sign him perfectly healthy now and hell pick up a lot of injuries throughout the season. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I'm not so sure it would be a loan unless they gave him a contract extension?

https://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/news/six-players-released-crystal-palace-16394856

He was released and eligible for a free transfer last month but the article states he remains in discussions with Palace so that could be out of date info, if it's a free transfer with Friend's contract up in the summer are we handing him a 2 year deal to cover the interim?

That link probably wont work as a disclaimer I have no idea I copy address bars or manually type it in same loop de loop happens.

Also, seen in  the Gazette that we tried to sign che Adams in January. Doesnt really fit into the narrative that were skint and need to sell before buying that we were looking at a 16mll striker 6 months ago. Especially considering were in a better financial position now than we were then.

I seem to remember us being in for Che Adams in January and laughing it off at the time. But then we were also supposedly in for Isaac Vassell? I can't imagine the Adams thing was much more than an enquiry, would hardly have been the kind of transfer Rhodes was, some deal more risky than that, given we had a striker of the same ilk and cost already on the books.

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Also, seen in  the Gazette that we tried to sign che Adams in January. Doesnt really fit into the narrative that were skint and need to sell before buying that we were looking at a 16mll striker 6 months ago. Especially considering were in a better financial position now than we were then.

Oh aye, I bet we did ?

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

It finished the article by saying that one of our forwards has agreed to join another club? Gestede?

It was Mitchell curry's loan move 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

The other thing with Soare is his age. At 29 doesn't he go against the young hungry type we are supposedly targeting? 

but it will allow the young lads out on loan for game time

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

It finished the article by saying that one of our forwards has agreed to join another club? Gestede?

the youth product on loan to Inverness I think

19 minutes ago, Foogle said:

But at this level every transfer is a risk, you can't afford to poach first team players from other clubs in the division. So you're either taking a risk on a PL player who's no longer first choice or taking a risk on a player from a lower league/Lesser European league and hope they can adapt to the level. 

Every transfer at every level is a risk.  The main risk is that the player won't play well for you.  Other risks are injury, failing to settle and so on.  That doesn't mean that you should actively seek to increase your risk.  We've had a peculiar interest in signing players who have suffered serious injuries, I don't think it's mere coincidence and I don't think it's a good idea.  I know I'm not the only one because I've read similar things on here but this might be something else I've imagined of course.  I seem to do that a lot.

1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

but it will allow the young lads out on loan for game time

the youth product on loan to Inverness I think

Ah I got excited there just for a second ?

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I seem to remember us being in for Che Adams in January and laughing it off at the time. But then we were also supposedly in for Isaac Vassell? I can't imagine the Adams thing was much more than an enquiry, would hardly have been the kind of transfer Rhodes was, some deal more risky than that, given we had a striker of the same ilk and cost already on the books.

Didn't we also get linked with Juke at one point?  I seem to remember there was a period of time where it seemed like we were being linked with every Birmingham striker for some reason, I assume because journos had heard we were looking at someone from Birmingham and were basically taking a punt on who it was.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Every transfer at every level is a risk.  The main risk is that the player won't play well for you.  Other risks are injury, failing to settle and so on.  That doesn't mean that you should actively seek to increase your risk.  We've had a peculiar interest in signing players who have suffered serious injuries, I don't think it's mere coincidence and I don't think it's a good idea.  I know I'm not the only one because I've read similar things on here but this might be something else I've imagined of course.  I seem to do that a lot.

Well out of last summers signings only McNair was coming back from a long term injury? Argument could be made for besic but he had already returned and played a solid half season for us. If we rule out every player who has had a long term injury in the past wed have a very limited selection of players available to us.

And again the season before that we only signed besic who was returning from a long term injury and that was on a low risk loan. And we signed a LOT of players that summer! So yeah, I think you might be imagining it. 

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's the thing you pay more money for what is perceived as a greater chance of success generally. Souare on a free, it might not be a good transfer or one that I'd like to see us make, but it's definitely worth a discussion.

In terms of us buying crocked players, I'm not sure whether we do it more or less than other teams, there are quite a few players around with serious injuries in their past. These probably stand out to us more as fans of the club.

• Like 1