oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

And again the season before that we only signed besic who was returning from a long term injury and that was on a low risk loan. And we signed a LOT of players that summer! So yeah, I think you might be imagining it. 

There was also Britt, but I don't think we do it more than other clubs. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There was also Britt, but I don't think we do it more than other clubs. 

Britt played 33 games the season before he joined us, he was well back by then. You can find a serious injury for most professional footballers at some stage in their career. Theres absolutely no evidence to suggest that we actively seek out players who have injury problems is the point I'm making. 

Also the fact that britt hasnt had a whisper of an injury problem since suggests that we did our homework with him and were happy that the issue wouldnt reoccur. Same with besic. McNair has had a few niggly things which is a worry but overall I think our record has been good so I dont see the problem. 

Did gestede have a big injury history before signing? I genuinely don't know but hes been stapled to the physio table so I'd be curious to know if we broke him or if he has always been crocked.

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Britt played 33 games the season before he joined us, he was well back by then. You can find a serious injury for most professional footballers at some stage in their career. Theres absolutely no evidence to suggest that we actively seek out players who have injury problems is the point I'm making. 

I read CTs post as if we were often looking at players who has had a big injury in their careers. He used Fischer as an example and he too was back playing for Ajax after an injury. As you say there are lots of players who's had some lengthy injuries in the past. Let's just agree that CT is wrong here?

• Thanks 1
Just now, Borodane said:

I read CTs post as if we were often looking at players who has had a big injury in their careers. He used Fischer as an example and he too was back playing for Ajax after an injury. As you say there are lots of players who's had some lengthy injuries in the past. Let's just agree that CT is wrong here?

Always up for that!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Did gestede have a big injury history before signing? I genuinely don't know but hes been stapled to the physio table so I'd be curious to know if we broke him or if he has always been crocked.

If you call completely unable to play football to any kind of acceptable level an injury then yes, hes been crippled with that for most of his career.

• Haha 4

Britt is one of a handfull of players that I'd really like to keep. Think he is going to be very important if we want to play more attacking football. But if a club comes waving with at least 15 million I can't see the club turning it down. That's a lot of money to a club with no parachute payments.

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He was back playing for Ajax but wasn't as good, which was my point.  We've been linked with a number of players like this over the past few years and signed some as well.  I never claimed that we signed them all, simply that we seem to have an interest in these kinds of players.  I'm pretty sure Espinosa was signed on the back of an injury that kept him out of the side even after he'd joined us?  Fischer was signed in the same summer on the back of the injury that has quite clearly stuffed his career up.  A couple of risk free signings apparently because they were cheap - is any of this refreshing your memory mate?  We were linked with the Dortmund central defender around that time as well who was also just coming off a bad injury and in fact went on to have another health or injury thing shortly after we'd tried to sign him that apparently nobody at Dortmund or even the man himself realised he had. 

I can't remember every single player this applies to but there have been more and it's been a standing joke on this forum for a while.  I'm sure if you read back over some of the old transfer threads you'll see what I'm talking about as I guess you'll see players we were linked with at the time rather than just looking at those we actually signed.

47 minutes ago, Foogle said:

That's the thing you pay more money for what is perceived as a greater chance of success generally. Souare on a free, it might not be a good transfer or one that I'd like to see us make, but it's definitely worth a discussion.

In terms of us buying crocked players, I'm not sure whether we do it more or less than other teams, there are quite a few players around with serious injuries in their past. These probably stand out to us more as fans of the club.

Yeah I am discussing it, I'm saying it's not a good idea.  That's a part of the discussion isn't it?

Again, I said interested in, not simply signed although you can find a few we've signed recently if you want to of course.