oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

While Randolph is the best keeper in the league and I’d love to keep him, if a huge bid comes in we surely can’t turn it down if it means we can spend that on wingers/striker

we went up with Dimi so you don’t need to have a top quality keeper to get promoted there’ll be plenty of decent keepers we could look at on the cheap 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

While Randolph is the best keeper in the league and I’d love to keep him, if a huge bid comes in we surely can’t turn it down if it means we can spend that on wingers/striker

we went up with Dimi so you don’t need to have a top quality keeper to get promoted there’ll be plenty of decent keepers we could look at on the cheap 

We also played ridiculously awesomely defensively that year - I don't know for sure but I would hazard a guess we would be near the top in least shots conceded per game the playoff and promotion years. 

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

We went up despite Dimi being in the team. He barely had any saves to make most games which is why he kept so many clean sheets. Our defence were the heroes that season.

25 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Why would Randolph want to go to Stoke? And why on Earth would we possibly consider selling him to a championship rival who finished lower in the league than us last season?

Other than a big pay rise I can't really think of a reason but that is a pretty good reason especially when you're playing at the same level.

We'll sell anyone to anyone if the money is right.

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We also played ridiculously awesomely defensively that year - I don't know for sure but I would hazard a guess we would be near the top in least shots conceded per game the playoff and promotion years. 

I don't mean to poke fun at you, well ok I do, but 'ridiculously awesomely defensively'?  If this is what twitter does to people then I'm even more grateful not to be involved in it ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

The article also says we're looking at Sunderlands keeper..  that's a major yikes from me

It also says that we are interested in signing Butland if you read it properly ?

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Stoke looking at Randy to replace Butland if he leaves 

Randy Sandwich?

24 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We went up despite Dimi being in the team. He barely had any saves to make most games which is why he kept so many clean sheets. Our defence were the heroes that season.

That's harsh. While our defence definitely boosted Dimi's stats, he never really let the side down that season, and massively exceeded any expectations the majority of us had for him

If we get offered 10 million for a 32 year old GK with 2 years left on his contract and turn it down it'd be horrendous business to be honest.

We could get a solid enough GK aged 23-26 for 5 million no problem I'd rather have a new GK 9-6 years younger on half the wages and 5 million in the bank than let Randolph run down his contract a further 12 months. I'd be shocked if we would turn down 8 figures for Randolph it's a no brainer if that kind of offer came in. Look at it this way Randolph's probably got 2 more years left at a good level do we force him to have them with us and run his contract out for nothing or take the opportunity to get 8 figures for a high earning 32 year old?

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

That's harsh. While our defence definitely boosted Dimi's stats, he never really let the side down that season, and massively exceeded any expectations the majority of us had for him

We must be remembering that season very differently then clearly as I recall him making a number of mistakes that in the PL would have led to goals, most of them from long range shots where our defenders could hardly take the blame.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Long range shots are what I remember aswell, could definately understand why he never got a look in in the premiership.

He should always have been #3 behind Valdes and Guzan but as soon as we were officially relegated and it was public that Guzan was leaving he should have been given a game just to say he'd played in the PL. 

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Go on, i'll bite. 

Who?

Haha i was not actually asking for a bite but expressing a genuine opinion. There is Adrian who now a free agent from West Ham and who if i recall some of our fans wanted ahead of Randolph. Fraser Forster is currently 3rd choice at Saints. I accept his form has declined in last 12-18mths but maybe he just needs a move to kick start his career as he was a top PL GK 2 seasons ago. Burnley got 3 GKs. I accept Hart has struggled in PL but could he do a solid job in league below? 

Begovic at Bornmouth another who was dropped last season and if Butland goes to bornmuff could find himself 3rd choice.