oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

Raya from Blackburn would be my choice to replace Randolph.

That could be a good shout, he looked pretty good the few times I saw Blackburn play last year (admittedly a small sample size). 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Emiliano Martinez (Reading) would be a decent option as a potential replacement, he has some decent stats from last season. In terms of his saves and importantly he's pretty good with the ball at his feet.

I also think we should be having a look at the following as back up keepers:

Remi Matthews (Bolton)

Max O'Leary (Bristol City)

Both are young and have been exposed to championship football, and have done pretty well.

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Emiliano Martinez (Reading) would be a decent option as a potential replacement, he has some decent stats from last season. In terms of his saves and importantly he's pretty good with the ball at his feet.

I also think we should be having a look at the following as back up keepers:

Remi Matthews (Bolton)

Max O'Leary (Bristol City)

Both are young and have been exposed to championship football, and have done pretty well.

Think Martinez will be the new Arsenal no.2, Dan. Cech retired and Ospina has been sold to Napoli so only got Leno and given he did well at Reading, I read Arsenal will be keeping Martinez this season, They also got a limited transfer potty so they would rather spend what they have on areas within the first 11 that need improving.

16 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Think Martinez will be the new Arsenal no.2, Dan. Cech retired and Ospina has been sold to Napoli so only got Leno and given he did well at Reading, I read Arsenal will be keeping Martinez this season, They also got a limited transfer potty so they would rather spend what they have on areas within the first 11 that need improving.

That's a valid point, Arsenal have a hugely limited budget this season due to having no Champions League money again. I don't think the Ospina deal is quite done and dusted yet however. There are a few murmurs that Napoli are haggling over the option to buy that was in his loan deal last season. 

Hopefully Randolph stays and we reject any advances for him, as his is hugely important to us. Still think we will see a goalkeeper come in as we have 1 senior GK at the moment.

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

That's a valid point, Arsenal have a hugely limited budget this season due to having no Champions League money again. I don't think the Ospina deal is quite done and dusted yet however. There are a few murmurs that Napoli are haggling over the option to buy that was in his loan deal last season. 

Hopefully Randolph stays and we reject any advances for him, as his is hugely important to us. Still think we will see a goalkeeper come in as we have 1 senior GK at the moment.

I like your idea of having a promising GK from the league's below come in as understudy to Randolph and not a veteran type. One we can play in cup games. 

Nonetheless would would be happy to re-sign a veteran like Lonergan as 3rd choice GK so to allow all our young GKs to go out on loan and get further experience. 

5 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Zzzz.

Haha. KM i only joined this forum a few months ago but been reading forum for years and remember your amazing ability to find Boro links to the most obscure players from the most random of websites. You need to rediscover that ability to relieve your own boredom and ours.

Summer time under AK was exciting as he liked to have 2 players for each position. Managers since him have preferred small squads and thus on whole we ended up with unbalanced squads as a result.

Just now, TLF10 said:

Haha. KM i only joined this forum months ago but been reading forum for years and remember your amazing ability to find Boro links to the most obscure players from the most random of websites. You need to rediscover that ability to relieve your own boredom and ours.

Summer time under AK was exciting as he liked to have 2 players for each position. Managers since him have preferred small squads and thus on whole we ended up with unbalanced squads as a result.

I'm pretty sure that KM was before he got a job, he's now a working adult! How they grow up ?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Haha. KM i only joined this forum a few months ago but been reading forum for years and remember your amazing ability to find Boro links to the most obscure players from the most random of websites. You need to rediscover that ability to relieve your own boredom and ours.

Those were the days. ?