Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

In my opinion I think this summer will be a fairly quiet one (in terms of the senior squad).

I can't see a mass clear out happening, but can see the usual suspects of Gestede, Braithwaite and Marvin Johnson leaving. Potentially can see us selling 1 or 2 players if the above 3 can't be shifted out.

And I don't think we need huge amounts of players coming in, if we are to utilise the youth teams more. I can see us going after a No.2 as back up to Randolph, a fullback and 2 wide players. As others have said previously I think the spine of the team (centre backs, centre mids and centre forwards) are well stocked.

Now that I have said that I imagine Boro will do the exact opposite. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We must be remembering that season very differently then clearly as I recall him making a number of mistakes that in the PL would have led to goals, most of them from long range shots where our defenders could hardly take the blame.

We weren't in the PL though.

All players makes mistakes. And for each of those mistakes that 'in the PL would have led to goals', he made a save that actually did lead to us not conceding.

I'm not making Dimi out to be the world's greatest goalkeeper or anything, just saying it's harsh to claim that we went up in spite of him.

17 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

relieved andy richter GIF by Team Coco

People will be surprised at who they are. I'll refrain from names as its quite fresh and end up burning the source (sounds suspect i know lol. Not trying to be cryptic). 

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

All players makes mistakes. And for each of those mistakes that 'in the PL would have led to goals', he made a save that actually did lead to us not conceding.

I'm not making Dimi out to be the world's greatest goalkeeper or anything, just saying it's harsh to claim that we went up in spite of him.

What's that got to do with anything? We were talking about his performance in the Championship, I was saying that was his level, if he'd made those mistakes at a higher level we'd have conceded a lot more.

If anything Dimi overachieved with us, he played the vast majority of his career at League 2 level.

My initial comment about us going up despite Dimi might have been a bit harsh upon reflection but it was definitely the quality of our defence more than our goalkeeper that got us promoted.

16 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

People will be surprised at who they are. I'll refrain from names as its quite fresh and end up burning the source (sounds suspect i know lol. Not trying to be cryptic). 

As kong as its not the following 9 of Randy, Ayala, Fry, McNair, Howson, Sav, Wing, Tav or Britt then i am ok with it.

P.S: Sav above is not a typo. I know i might be in minority but i still think he offers something none of our midfield players bar wing offer. A good return of goals from midfield.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

God help me if it's Wing I'm gonna have to kill someone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:
34 minutes ago, Tom said:

What's that got to do with anything? We were talking about his performance in the Championship, I was saying that was his level, if he'd made those mistakes at a higher level we'd have conceded a lot more.

If anything Dimi overachieved with us, he played the vast majority of his career at League 2 level.

My initial comment about us going up despite Dimi might have been a bit harsh upon reflection but it was definitely the quality of our defence more than our goalkeeper that got us promoted.

Yeah, exactly, and his performances in the Championship were by no means perfect, but my argument was that he certainly wasn't a hindrance to the team, as your initial comment suggested. 

I agree, he definitely overachieved with us, but for me that's a positive. I don't remember many fans thinking "Oh crap, he's starting Dimi in goal" that season, or kicking up a fuss when we didn't sign a new keeper.

Also, the goalkeeper is 100% part of the defence. If they're well organised, of course it's down to Karanka, but Dimi is playing a huge part in that as well.

I'm gonna hazard a guess at flint and saville. Surprising  because they only joined recently. But I just dont see how either fits into the possession based game that woodgate wants.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

I'm gonna hazard a guess at flint and saville. Surprising  because they only joined recently. But I just dont see how either fits into the possession based game that woodgate wants.

I’d be fine with them leaving. I imagine we would lose a fair bit though

To be fair is there many of our players people would be "surprised" at leaving? I'd say it would be more anger if Tav, Wing or Fry went and the rest have been touted about a bit.  Maybe Fletcher, possibly Howson?

Just now, Dan1234 said:

To be fair is there many of our players people would be "surprised" at leaving? I'd say it would be more anger if Tav, Wing or Fry went and the rest have been touted about a bit.  Maybe Fletcher, possibly Howson?

It looks like fletcher is getting a lot of training from Robbie Keane in particular looking at pictures and videos. Seems to be a lot of focus on him. I doubt he’s leaving

• Like 1

Ayala and Friend would be relatively surprising, as would Clayton I suppose. Just because they feel like they're part of the furniture by now. As soon as he makes an appearance, Friend will have played under 7 Boro managers (including caretakers). Not many recent players can say that! 

I’d like us to keep Fletcher. I think that there is a player in there and good forward coaching from Robbie Keane could turn him into a gem

Yep I think Fletcher showed enough potential towards the end of last year that we have to see what he can do with an attacking based style of football to work with.

Fletch, Wing, Randolph, Fry, Tav, Britt. They're the ones I think should be untouchable, either due to just their sheer quality, or their age/potential combination. 

• Like 1