oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

In the Gazette piece on transfers theres a quote from woodgate that says he would like to bring in a number 10. So curious who he would identify for that role.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe he just can't remember what we're called?

I couldn't give a crap what he does or doesn't do on social media but we are paying his wages so I suppose he could pretend to give a *** even if it must be obvious to all by now that he doesn't and will disappear again if he's able to do so.  Another salutary lesson that you can't trust the Danes and if Middlesbrough and indeed Oneboro had any sense we would rid ourselves of the scoundrels.

Absolutely, if we could get shot of McNair and Randolph too, we’d finally have some harmony in the dressing room. 

Just now, Borodane said:

Gazette understands that there is nothing imminent regarding incomings. It's going to be a slow summer.

The club have prioritized getting the contracts of young kids sorted 1st.   

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Understandable. But you'd think they would be able to do both things simultaniously. While it's great that we are getting contracts signed for our own talent our shortcomings a glaring.

Interesting to see that Woodgate wants a No 10, makes me think that the 433 that alot of us were thinking would be the formation isn't what he has in mind, could be going 4231 after all

4 minutes ago, mj south said:

Interesting to see that Woodgate wants a No 10, makes me think that the 433 that alot of us were thinking would be the formation isn't what he has in mind, could be going 4231 after all

Yep mentioned that earlier. Agree with you, although maybe he just want options to be able to actually change formations depending on need, which would be novel for us.

• Like 1

Its convinced me that hes looking at the wolves formation even more. We have everything in place for it apart from 2 wing backs and a number 10, or even just the number 10 if he considers friend still good enough and Spence ready. 

Randolph

Fry ayala flint

Spence wing howson/clayton/McNair friend

Number 10

Assombalonga fletcher/braithwaite

The number 10 would kinda been in the mould of Moutinho in this case.. not easy to find at this level.

5 minutes ago, mj south said:

In that case we need to offload a midfielder. Can't accomodate Clayton, McNair, Wing, Howson, Saville and whatever youngster we have for two midfield spots.

36 minutes ago, Borodane said:
47 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Understandable. But you'd think they would be able to do both things simultaniously. While it's great that we are getting contracts signed for our own talent our shortcomings a glaring.

It has been slow across the board though, not just at Boro. And to be fair, Woodgate has addressed the positions we need improving as the same ones that we have.

Next week I think we'll see things start to move.

12 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Any snippets of targets Raf? 

I don't know who or why but we have been speaking to Burnley.  As said i don't know player or players involved yet and they have been high level negotiators.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

I don't know who or why but we have been speaking to Burnley.  As said i don't know player or players involved yet and they have been high level negotiators.

That's an interesting one because you'd immidatly think Ben Gibson, but that's hardly a position we need strengthening. Do they have any wide players that we could realistically attract here? Vydra maybe if Braithwaite is about to leave.