oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

9 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I think searching for a #10 is a terrible idea to be honest then we'd be square 1 with an engine room of Clayton 3 years older than the last time and who next to him? We didn't pay 7 million for Saville to be an average CDM that he was at Wolves, Howson you may cry ok so McNair, Saville and Wing as #10's? Not sure on that myself but I'm also set against Braithwaite on the left wing and against him as a lone striker so if he stays maybe it's altering Woodgate's thinking I don't know. Pulis tried a couple of guys as a 10 last year for 1-2 games Braithwaite/Wing/Saville/Fletcher honestly I think Fletcher looked maybe as good as Braithwaite there anyway?

I genuinely expected nothing this week last year when they were in Austria it was made explicitly clear there'd be no moves until Pulis was back at Rockliffe I guessed same again this year interesting how quiet that Dijksteel and Lowe stuff seems to have gotten.

Think we’d signed McNair before we went to Austria, could be wrong though 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Woody's chat with the EG he says "We won't wait around for players who say, 'can we have this?'. No, it's as simple as that. We're not going to spend huge amounts of money on a player who doesn't want to be here."

'If they don't want to come or they ask for a bit more money then we'll just move on'

maybe this time it's true?

Get the feeling we won’t get very far this window if that’s the stance the club are going to take. Sometimes you just have to adapt and do what is needed to get a deal over the line if you really want to sign someone.

So, at the risk of starting up the braithwaite hate train again, I just watched gestedes latest Instagram story where hes filming an Austrian vista.

In the background, someone with a suspiciously DANISH accent can be heard moaning "Its very boring!" Before being told off with "Your here to work! To train!" ??

3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

So, at the risk of starting up the braithwaite hate train again, I just watched gestedes latest Instagram story where hes filming an Austrian vista.

In the background, someone with a suspiciously DANISH accent can be heard moaning "Its very boring!" Before being told off with "Your here to work! To train!" ??

You got that TOTALLY upside down.. The guy saying "Yeah, but remember, you are here to work" is Braithwaite! 

That accent and his voice.. I have NO doubts! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Get the feeling we won’t get very far this window if that’s the stance the club are going to take. Sometimes you just have to adapt and do what is needed to get a deal over the line if you really want to sign someone.

Sometimes yes, I think it's a bit of both. Sometimes you need to adapt a little but you need to know when to walk away which we often haven't in the past.

10 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Think we’d signed McNair before we went to Austria, could be wrong though 

Yeah we signed him before my point was last year we signalled we weren't actively trying while we were in Austria because they said something about Pulis fully focusing on Austrian biking and stuff so transfers wouldn't heat up until he was back in the UK of course looking back they never heated up and from the pre july signings to Besic and co it was a month and a half period of nothing, sorry I mean a month and a half period of 'patience'.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Yeah we signed him before my point was last year we signalled we weren't actively trying while we were in Austria because they said something about Pulis fully focusing on Austrian biking and stuff so transfers wouldn't heat up until he was back in the UK of course looking back they never heated up and from the pre july signings to Besic and co it was a month and a half period of nothing, sorry I mean a month and a half period of 'patience'.

That was probably because Pulis was very much involved in the signings. Now we have the "committee". I'm sure Bevington, Bausor and whoever could get deals done while Woody focusses on the training camp. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

So now we are building our assumptions on a voice from the background that supposedly has a Danish accent ?

Braithwaite was the one who said ‘yeah..but you’re here to work’, ‘get better and train’. 

You can see him in the end of the video.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Braithwaite was the one who said ‘yeah..but you’re here to work’, ‘get better and train’. 

I said exactly the same a few posts earlier.. I got mocked and you got 3 likes! 

The world is an unfair place *sob* ? ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That was probably because Pulis was very much involved in the signings. Now we have the "committee". I'm sure Bevington, Bausor and whoever could get deals done while Woody focusses on the training camp. 

I mean maybe but aren't the noises the same as Austria last year? The Gazette have said nothing's really happening or going to since we arrived in Austria, Woodgate's interview doesn't scream urgency to me and the Echo's best they can come up with is Boro are waiting on a Ryan Kent decision that will probably be made in August.

Wasn't the problem according to Pulis last summer that there was some kind of 'thing' behind the scenes that hamstrung him like interference of some kind? I swear overhaul v1.0 in September was about that kind of thing I lose track though I think we were at v3.0 when he left?

Hopefully the fresh alpine air does wonders for Rudy's joints and muscles glad to see him walking around looking healthy, I agree with whoever said Austria's boring as well I'd rather be in Marbella eating paella on demand like the Aitor days.

31 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I wouldn’t take what the club said about the training camp serious. If a target became available while the team was in Austria the club wouldn’t have told them to wait.

clubs/managers say the same things all the time throughout transfer window.

how many times have you heard a manager say he’s happy with he’s squad in a interview during a transfer window? But we all know he looking to bring more players in.

34 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

So you're telling me that a DANE is telling good old honest British lads how to behave??? ?

Not on my watch, no sir!  I say be gone foul Danes, go darken somebody else's door and leave us in peace. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So you're telling me that a DANE is telling good old honest British lads how to behave??? ?

Not on my watch, no sir!  I say be gone foul Danes, go darken somebody else's door and leave us in peace. ?

youre behaving like some animal GIF

• Like 2