oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

14 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

That deal for besic falling through was, in hindsight, a wonderful thing. Honestly i would not even pay half of £6-£7m for Besic. And that is not because he is not a tidy player because he is. It is just he does not really possess anything that hugely stands out from our current CMs.

To be fair to besic he was top 5 in carrying the ball out of CM last season, so he was doing his best.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, king boro said:

Steve gibson is a dinosaur owner lives in the past and not the future we want a younger steve gibson again who will be ambitious again not some old steve gibson who is scrounging up the money for his retirement.

He's living in a landscape where most Championship clubs are run by Billionaires, he's no longer a big fish.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

To be fair to besic he was top 5 in carrying the ball out of CM last season, so he was doing his best.

His ability to carry the ball is very good and probably his beat quality. However his inability to release the ball at the correct time/hold on to it far too long meant his ability to carry it forward almost became redundant. And it wasn't even a case that there was not a good pass on for him most of the time.

A canny enough player but not someone i would want us spending any limited funds we do have on.

If we were going into the season needing a CM I'd jump on Besic, but considering we have 5/6 other CMs that can all do a similar job it would be stupid to waste our money on him.

Bottom line if Albert was to come back is whether he is better than our other wingers.......Oh yes we dont have any other wingers do we so it would be a yes from me. He was tip top for Villa season before last and even though he spent a lot of last season on the bench did ok for them I think. 

I like the fact we have offered 2 years rather than the 3 he wants. If he comes I would hope its on our terms. At 31 he is still a good champo player 

3 minutes ago, Boro 86 said:

I like the fact we have offered 2 years rather than the 3 he wants. If he comes I would hope its on our terms. At 31 he is still a good champo player 

split the diff' 2 years with our option on the 3rd

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I’d take Adomah as long as it was on low wages. He can still do a job I think, and we’re desperately short out wide.

I don’t think he’s the answer to all our problems, but if he’s going cheap then why not?

I think people are still struggling to grasp that we are having to start all over again with little or no money. This is going to be a season of transition a bit like when we had to start all over again after Mowbray left. We are probably no longer an attractive club for new signings unless they have a previous link with the club or some sort of connection with the new coaching set up. Adomah is probably as good as it's going to get this summer. 

Besic and Pennington 'doing the rounds' from what I can tell was one Everton fan on Twitter with no authority just saying it without a source.

By that logic, us signing Chambers and selling Howson is 'doing the rounds' because King Boro said it.

• Like 1

Wasn't this a similar issue last year too? As well as wages, I seem to remember he wanted an extra year from what we were willing to offer.

Also, maybe my prediction could still come true but with Adomah in place of Nsue. Hell, why not both.

A 2 year contract would probably total about £1.5m, I wouldn't want him to start the season with him as the only incoming winger, but he can play left or right and is an experienced head. Also it will make CT lose his head, which is always a positive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course AA want three years. He's 31 now so in two years time it'll be difficult to get another deal. Depending on his financial demands I can't see many clubs offering him a three year deal. I'd take him on a two year deal despite him being a former player. I still think he has something to offer in this league. He always seem to be fit and he plays a position we desperately need players for, and with finances tight we are going to need to strike some cheap deals or free transfers. Ideally I'd rather have a young hungry player like Lowe or Kent with a thing to prove but I suppose beggars can't be choosers. 

I mean Villa paid him more than he was on with his promotion %age increase when we let him go, he was on at least 40 there maybe 45 I wasn't shocked they didn't want to renegotiate with him as a PL club he'd have wanted his last big contract. Even a 2 year deal at his Villa wages would be 2 million a year we shouldn't go near him there's no resale it'd be done hoping a 32/33 year old Adomah could fire us to the Prem when he couldn't manage it in his prime which he spent with us anyway. 

We can't on one hand say the club's 'in trouble' then hand Adomah a 4 million/6 million pound Downing type deal to see his career off I can't see us doing that the argument that he'll take lower wages wont work either he probably thinks the wage demands outweigh teams not having to pay a transfer fee.