Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I'm not sure what people are expecting, we're broke and he's about as good as you're going to get on a free. 

To be fair I'd prefer us to spend a transfer fee on a younger player with resale value that comes with smaller wages I.e. Lowe. With a younger player like that the transfer fee isn't an issue as you will more than likely be able to sell them for a similar price or their value could increase markedly so it can be seen as more of an investment as they reach their peak. Whereas the wages paid to players end up as dead money leaving the club.

53 minutes ago, p_mards said:

It's quite concerning that Nottingham Forest are seemingly beating us to quite a few transfer targets.

Feels a bit like last summer where villa and derby were beating us to players right left and centre and we were left to overpay for players that no one else wanted.

1 hour ago, p_mards said:

It's quite concerning that Nottingham Forest are seemingly beating us to quite a few transfer targets.

No more than par for the course at the moment, I suspect. Not a lot of money to spend and cutting back vs. willing to spend a fair bit chopping and changing their minds every 5 minutes. Albert can probably get himself a much better deal in that hot mess than our hot mess.

I realise I just alluded to Forest as the latter and it's probably best I clarified that, as we've been guilty of that ourselves until now (maybe).

11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Feels a bit like last summer where villa and derby were beating us to players right left and centre and we were left to overpay for players that no one else wanted.

Feels a lot less desperate this year though as we have already said we will pay what we think a player is worth and no more.  For the past few years we have chased players publicly  who clearly didn't want to come. If (and it is still if) we offered Albert a deal it has been done quietly on terms we were happy with. If he goes to Forest I have no problem with that and I suspect Woody/Gibbo aren't either.

I think we've also supposed to have changed tact a little bit, gearing more towards younger cheaper prospects, we probably were never in for Adomah after the contract fell through last season.

13 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I think we've also supposed to have changed tact a little bit, gearing more towards younger cheaper prospects, we probably were never in for Adomah after the contract fell through last season.

I don't think we will completely rule out signing "older" players. We've just signed Mejias! If the right player becomes available at the right price then surely we will pursue it. Remember Woodgate making a point in his first press conference that he wanted to show how you could improve a 29 year old footballer. That could mean in terms of the current crop of players or potential new signings.

14 minutes ago, Foogle said:

He was just up at Rockliffe for a bit of golf probably ?️‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Boro 86 said:

Feels a lot less desperate this year though as we have already said we will pay what we think a player is worth and no more.  For the past few years we have chased players publicly  who clearly didn't want to come. If (and it is still if) we offered Albert a deal it has been done quietly on terms we were happy with. If he goes to Forest I have no problem with that and I suspect Woody/Gibbo aren't either.

I dunno, it feels kinda desperate to me, just desperate and cheap rather than desperate and expensive ?

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He was just up at Rockliffe for a bit of golf probably ?️‍♂️

He left his iPhone Charger there last summer and this was the first chance he's had to pick it up after a busy year. Not that I'm ITK or anything...

• Haha 1
Just now, Foogle said:

He left his iPhone Charger there last summer and this was the first chance he's had to pick it up after a busy year. Not that I'm ITK or anything...

You see how rumours can get started?  A fella is just wanting to charge his phone up and suddenly he's apparently haggling over a two or three year contract.  People need to calm down a bit!  Mind you, I think we may well have signed Mejias after he came back to collect some old mail or something.

• Sad 1

I mean Woodgate's said alot of things about stuff not alot of what he's said so far has struck me as particularly insightful the 'walk away if the price isnt right' isn't new we did that with Luke Freeman and Vassell they're just off the top of my head and his post match interview where he talked about playing it quick especially at free kicks because opposition players turn their backs and switch off just sounded naive to me his words don't fill me with confidence whether it's transfer 'policy' or tactic spiel.

At the end of the day we're still ran by people who were willing to swap Ashley Fletcher for Grosicki in January despite the face saving 'some higher ups were reluctant to greenlight that swap' that came out days later so honestly with that Adomah half-rumour stuff I'm glad is put to bed finally now we can get back to talking League 1 players.