oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Honestly surprised at the lack of love for Adomah on here. Probably am looking at it through rose-tinted glasses myself as he is my all time favourite boro player...

Did you stop watching us after Christmas in each of his 3 seasons or something? ? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Chelsea have a transfer ban so I'm going for them ?

Nah I reckon Tottenham for league one, didn't they get relegated to the Championship after they didn't sign anyone for 18 months? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Honestly surprised at the lack of love for Adomah on here. Probably am looking at it through rose-tinted glasses myself as he is my all time favourite boro player...

loved  him when he was here and he probably loved the way most fans loved him. But I doubt he has any deep love for Boro as a club like Leo

so purely business and football based decision for me.

He's a good player for this league, but will have higher wages than others of the same quality

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Prowler said:

That was in his second season after his purple patch, wasn't it, just after AK arrived? 

Yeah I think he was trying to get a move in the Jan unless we improved his wages, then he had to eat humble pie and only started performing in the last ten games of the season. "in the shop window" was how I remember feeling about it. 

13 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

loved  him when he was here and he probably loved the way most fans loved him. But I doubt he has any deep love for Boro as a club like Leo

so purely business and football based decision for me.

He's a good player for this league, but will have higher wages than others of the same quality

100% agree, don’t think he would’ve been a smart signing this window unless we had him on a short term deal and for cheap. That’s despite my love for the man.

17 minutes ago, Prowler said:

Did you stop watching us after Christmas in each of his 3 seasons or something? ? 

All I know is that at the end of the playoff final he lobbed his boots to me (I had a Ghana flag, he chucked them in my direction, I’m sure they were meant for me) but someone else got them. I only hope they appreciate them as much as I would’ve done ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

All I know is that at the end of the playoff final he lobbed his boots to me (I had a Ghana flag, he chucked them in my direction, I’m sure they were meant for me) but someone else got them. I only hope they appreciate them as much as I would’ve done ?

I caught them! They're long in the wheelie bin now, sorry to disappoint!

• Haha 2
59 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

The Lowe deal has gone dead hasn’t it? Haven’t heard anything about it in a while 

I think that was when we expected Braithwaite to leave ASAP.. instead he’s still here and doesn’t seem to be in a rush (no rumours which suggests no agent pushing it?)..

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

signing him doesn;t fit the new approach does it?

not young or hungry to play for the Boro and prove themselves, no resell value, wages would be more than an upcoming prospect, etc etc

Sorry Maz, how do you know he wouldn’t be hungry to play for Boro? I know he left us on bad terms but that was more to do with his relationship with AK and long term job security; it was quite clear he loved playing for us and his brother said he was devastated when the move didn’t materialise last season. 

I know we’ve been gone there’s going to be a change in our policies this season but we shouldn’t just abandon signing high quality championship players just because they don’t fit a new model. There needs to be a balance between the two; whenever we’ve tried going down one extreme we’ve failed! 

That’s the thing though is he really ‘high quality’? I don’t think he is, not any more, and not for that money.

He was a decent championship winger who did well in a good unit, we need a forward who will take the game and dictate things for us, that is not adomah.

I read villas forum last January when we were linked and they thought he’d gone totally off the boil and were hoping he’d leave. Had a good half a season before vanishing, sounds like the adomah I remember.

I cant understand why (according to the Gazette) we havnt made an offer for Jamal Lowe.

Given our extreme lack of wide players, the fact Lowe has requested to leave and would be relatively cheap, plus the fact he ticks lots of boxes regarding the type of players were now targeting I find it baffling how we've not put a single bid in yet.

We really do need to be abit more assertive than we seem to be at the moment, it's like were stuck in a lull and actually dont have a plan regarding recruiting new players