oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

My issue is that they appear to have yet discussed what's actually required... Surely there's a list of definites and then a list of things we can address once they've looked at certain players...

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

What would be the general consensus to the position most in need - if for example we could only make one signing this summer - Left Back/Right Back/Winger?

Brentford seem to be doing some good work in the transfer market, today close to signing Celta Vigo midfielder Mathias Jensen. With a midfield already containing Watkins, Canos, Sawyers etc, I'm starting to get a little green with envy.   With signing Pontus Jansson and David Raya also , I reckon they'll be right up there this season.

Teams are improving around us  , and we're standing still (or going backwards) with a rookie manager.  Looking at teams you'd expect to be in the promotion mix (Brentford, Cardiff, Derby, Fulham, Huddersfield, Leeds, Notts Forest, Stoke & West Brom) , presently I just can't see us competing for top 6 , we'll be battling the likes of Blackburn, Preston, Swansea & Hull to get into the top 10.  

Maybe Gibson has looked at it and thought unless we invest big time to challenge for top 2 , any investment is a waste of money providing we can stay in the championship without relegation fears.  ROI might be high in the club thinking this summer. 

5 minutes ago, Armster said:

My issue is that they appear to have yet discussed what's actually required... Surely there's a list of definites and then a list of things we can address once they've looked at certain players...

Nothing surprises me with this club anymore.

6 minutes ago, Armster said:

16 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

“I'll sit down with the chairman (Steve Gibson), Neil (Bausor) and Adrian (Bevington) and they know what we want so we'll go from there.”

?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

Brentford seem to be doing some good work in the transfer market, today close to signing Celta Vigo midfielder Mathias Jensen. With a midfield already containing Watkins, Canos, Sawyers etc, I'm starting to get a little green with envy.   With signing Pontus Jansson and David Raya also , I reckon they'll be right up there this season.

Teams are improving around us  , and we're standing still (or going backwards) with a rookie manager.  Looking at teams you'd expect to be in the promotion mix (Brentford, Cardiff, Derby, Fulham, Huddersfield, Leeds, Notts Forest, Stoke & West Brom) , presently I just can't see us competing for top 6 , we'll be battling the likes of Blackburn, Preston, Swansea & Hull to get into the top 10.  

Maybe Gibson has looked at it and thought unless we invest big time to challenge for top 2 , any investment is a waste of money providing we can stay in the championship without relegation fears.  ROI might be high in the club thinking this summer. 

Completely agree with this.  

A few freebies for Stoke and Pontus Jansson signing for a pretty but incredibly soft centred Brentford isnt going to gather them an extra 25/30 points needed to challenge right at the top of the league. WBA and Derby will both be weakened by losing their best players. Especially WBA, Gayle and Rodriguez contributed to over 50 league goals between them. 

The only team around us who I think will push on again is Bristol City. Forest are signing players just like they always do, they'll have a few good results a few bad results then the pressure will be on the manager from the ridiculous chairman. 

Cardiff and Fulham will be strong you'd imagine, not so sure about Huddersfield. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Armster said:

Do you honestly think that they haven't discussed the needs yet and are just coming in every day making it up as they go along? Of course they've discussed what is needed and how they are going to go about it. Apart fra Bentford few teams have done much at all. And with the purchases they are making you'd expect them to also sell which will probably be a big sale of Maupay. Sure Leeds have got Costa in but they've also lost their best defender. WBA and Derby have yet to adress several problems. There is still a month to go so there is nothing to worry about just yet. If nothing has happened in the next two weeks we can start to worry.

59 minutes ago, Armster said:

I think its been very clear for a long time what we need and club knows this. It is just a case of doing a deal that suits the club. I would not worry about what areas we need to address as that will have 100% been discussed along with targets. Its just a case of making sure the deal suits us. Which as frustrating as it is, is fair enough by me.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, edinboro said:

More bridging loans taken out today. Seems like we are expecting some income or borrowing short term to buy some players or both. 

It seems to have been organised at the same time as the other two but registered yesterday.  This one relates to €4m we were due to receive from Atlanta for the transfer of Martin de Roon in two payments of €2m later this year and April 2020.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

?

It's not the best use of English though really.  Reading that quote he either means he will sit down with them and then they'll know what he wants or we'll sit down means that they are doing this regularly and he continues to inform them what he's looking for.  I guess it must be the latter as I can't believe they wouldn't have already done this by now.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It seems to have been organised at the same time as the other two but registered yesterday.  This one relates to €4m we were due to receive from Atlanta for the transfer of Martin de Roon in two payments of €2m later this year and April 2020.

So does this just mean the bank gives us the 4m now and we give it back when we receive it from atalanta? I'm still not entirely sure what these things mean ?‍♂️