oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

No, what would be the point of doing that? 

There wouldn't be a point. But lots of fans are making it up as an excuse to beat the club with.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Brentfords latest spending makes sense as they are about to sell Ezri Konsa for 12 million to Villa. Never heard about him. Is he really that good? Another good sale by Brentford.

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There wouldn't be a point. But lots of fans are making it up as an excuse to beat the club with.

This board always goes a bit insane during transfer windows, we get the full range of emotions from;

“Why are we linked with ex players?” “Why are we signing him?” “Why don’t the club know what we need” to “why haven’t we signed anyone” “where has all the money gone” and “Gibson’s lost the plot”.

It’s the same every year on here, Boro transfer window bingo, anyone?

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Brentfords latest spending makes sense as they are about to sell Ezri Konsa for 12 million to Villa. Never heard about him. Is he really that good? Another good sale by Brentford.

I'd always be wary of buying big money players from Brentford. They seem to be very good at getting players for their setup, but I can't remember any of the hyped players who left having done much?

On another note I seen on Sky that Rangers have signed Ojo on loan, wonder if that has any impact on the Kent deal?

5 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I'd always be wary of buying big money players from Brentford. They seem to be very good at getting players for their setup, but I can't remember any of the hyped players who left having done much?

On another note I seen on Sky that Rangers have signed Ojo on loan, wonder if that has any impact on the Kent deal?

Rangers have signed Ojo and Jones as wide men this summer but still want Kent

4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

signed him a few weeks back, but they still want Kent on loan. If nobody coughs up the rumoured £12m then it will be between Liverpool and the player where he ends up

13 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Hasn't Mepham done well at Bournemouth? He's a brentford product is he not?

18 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

John Egan at Sheff Utd was pretty good last season.

31 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

This board always goes a bit insane during transfer windows, we get the full range of emotions from;

“Why are we linked with ex players?” “Why are we signing him?” “Why don’t the club know what we need” to “why haven’t we signed anyone” “where has all the money gone” and “Gibson’s lost the plot”.

It’s the same every year on here, Boro transfer window bingo, anyone?

Maybe because we do the same bull *** mistakes every transfer window, hence people say the same stuff? 

Latest quote: “Jonathan Woodgate will give his current Boro squad a chance to nail down a shirt before he thinks about the transfer market.”

what an absolute joke if that’s true.

7 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Maybe because we do the same bull *** mistakes every transfer window, hence people say the same stuff? 

Latest quote: “Jonathan Woodgate will give his current Boro squad a chance to nail down a shirt before he thinks about the transfer market.”

what an absolute joke if that’s true.

After this weekend they've had three friendlies to nail down a shirt. After that I reckon we will start to see some movement. The window closes before a competetive match, so he's obviously not going to wait until after the season starts. I'm sure he wants to see how a player like Johnson does before discarding him. I appreciate friendlies don't normally say a lot this early but saturdays game against Hartlepool should be less experimentative. 

You really think he genuinely needs to see how players perform first? Any idiot can see what we need it’s so blatant, plus the fact we have no RW in the squad at all. It’s more of the *** we string out when we’re struggling to sign anyone.

we will start the season with Marvin Johnson as our left winger just watch.

3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

You really think he genuinely needs to see how players perform first? Any idiot can see what we need it’s so blatant, plus the fact we have no RW in the squad at all. It’s more of the *** we string out when we’re struggling to sign anyone.

Bingo!

3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Do you really think the club are just sitting on their hands? Any idiot should know that the club are looking into the areas that we so blatantly need to strengthen. It's not exactly a secret that Woodgate wants to add pace and creativity. Some fans just can't seem to understand that the window is open for another 4 weeks and we don't have to make all our signings on the first day the window opens.

• Haha 3

Would you rather him say that or would you prefer Pulis' "Our squad is s**t because we've got no pace"? He got pelters for that all the time, people criticised him for saying it because it meant calling out your squad as being awful and meant they lacked belief in themselves... but taking the quotes by themselves, he was saying what everyone believed and apparently now what you want Woody to say?

He's saying the managerial spiel, nothing more, nothing less. There's no doubt in my mind that we're aware we need to improve the squad in certain areas but Woody wants to show a level of belief in his players that if he ends up with a similar squad by the close of the window, he'll deal with it and have no public excuses.

• Like 6