Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

Let's face it , we haven't got a pot to *** in. 

This is the face of modern football, multiple players on £40k a week who can't be bothered playing for the club. And the people who suffer are those on minimum wage who have mortgages to pay and families to provide for.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Voluntary redundancies at Boro. Looks like we are completely brassic. Explains cut price fees for trying to flog players. Woody confirmed FFP thing last night aswell

This is one of the reasons I have such a low opinion of the business of football.  We are making people redundant who are probably paid less per year than some of our 'stars' are paid per week.  Of course the thing to be angry about is that we paid too much for Fletcher, not that we paid £24m for Assombalonga and Braithwaite and are probably paying them the best part of £50k per week.  Or that we chucked another £10m on Howson and Randolph with no doubt similarly big wages.  That's before you get started on the likes of Flint, Saville and McNair last season when the financial position of the club had already been weakened by the stupid spending over the previous two years or so.  I'll repeat something I wrote a few days back, in the space of 6 months this club spent over £40m plus God knows what in wages on 5 strikers.  It's not the staff at the Riverside or Rockliffe that need making redundant Steve, it's you and your cronies I'm afraid.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

These next few seasons will be a Mowbray V2 era. Cutting costs at the club, selling high earners, bringing in freebies or loanees, whilst trying to be competitive and trying to playing decent football. We need to temper our expectations this season I feel. As others have pointed out we have a decent squad, but come the close of the window how many will still be here?

Just now, Changing Times said:

This is one of the reasons I have such a low opinion of the business of football.  We are making people redundant who are probably paid less per year than some of our 'stars' are paid per week.  Of course the thing to be angry about is that we paid too much for Fletcher, not that we paid £24m for Assombalonga and Braithwaite and are probably paying them the best part of £50k per week.  Or that we chucked another £10m on Howson and Randolph with no doubt similarly big wages.  That's before you get started on the likes of Flint, Saville and McNair last season when the financial position of the club had already been weakened by the stupid spending over the previous two years or so.  I'll repeat something I wrote a few days back, in the space of 6 months this club spent over £40m plus God knows what in wages on 5 strikers.  It's not the staff at the Riverside or Rockliffe that need making redundant Steve, it's you and your cronies I'm afraid.

Spot on I can never blame players for taking what is offered to them. I'm sure all of us would take pay increases to do the same job but somewhere else. The finger should be pointed at those that sanctioned the deals last summer and the previous summer, despite knowing our future predicament. 

33 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Britt has scored 10 goals less than Scott McDonald? I take it back, he must be worth 20m!

How much did we get for Bamford?

I rate him higher than Britt. 

Haha cant tell if that was sarcasm but if it was I think you missing the point when using Scott McDonalds goal stats to reflect Britts transfer Fee.

We are in a totally different landscape transfer fee wise now than we were back when McDonald was here

Strikers with similar scoring stats to Britt in this league in recent seasons such as Maupay, Che Adams, McBurnie, Afobe last season etc have gone for or are as quoted as being available for double figure sums. So why when others of similar ilk are being sold for £12m, £15m and price tags of near £20m would Britt be £6m? He simply wouldn't in my respectful imo.

9 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Spot on I can never blame players for taking what is offered to them. I'm sure all of us would take pay increases to do the same job but somewhere else. The finger should be pointed at those that sanctioned the deals last summer and the previous summer, despite knowing our future predicament. 

The same people who keep their jobs despite performing poorly season after season. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

This stuff really annoys me.  We've increased ticket prices, increased the disabled parking costs apparently and are making people redundant who earn very little in the great scheme of things.  All because of bad decision after bad decision made at the top end of the club.  It's not even hindsight because I can't remember a single person anywhere thinking that signing Gestede was a good idea or Fletcher and so on.  I mean £7m on Saville when we're stocked to the rafters with midfielders, what the *** goes through the minds of the people who make these decisions?  It's almost beyond stupidity and into negligence.

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

It's shocking mate. I really hope we do change direction and are run with some actual business sense or even just some common sense. But with the status quo in terms of the decision makers I don't think we will see any real change.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

It's shocking mate. I really hope we do change direction and are run with some actual business sense or even just some common sense. But with the status quo in terms of the decision makers I don't think we will see any real change.

We won't.. it's the same recurring cycle that we've been on for the last 10 years.