Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Prowler said:
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Fair enough, from a purely statistical point of view there isn't much in it. In fact if you look at both of their goal contributions compared to their starts (no sub apps) Adomah comes out on top.

But as you have pointed out it is the off field incidents and ages that put you off. Was it under Aitor that Adomah pulled a hissy fit? Seem to remember him being "injured" for a run of games.

Aye, it was under Aitor. Wanted a bigger contract, threw a paddy when we wouldn't give him one.

Adomah's last performance for us was an absolute disgrace. Away at Sunderland when Stuani scored twice - Adomah came on for the last half an hour and I don't think he ran once.

I was a big fan of Albert when he was here, but that being his last game, it very much sticks in the memory.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Adomah's last performance for us was an absolute disgrace. Away at Sunderland when Stuani scored twice - Adomah came on for the last half an hour and I don't think he ran once.

I was a big fan of Albert when he was here, but that being his last game, it very much sticks in the memory.

Do you remember Yakubu's last game?  I wanted to kill him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:
43 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

Do you remember Yakubu's last game?  I wanted to kill him. 

Also the infamous Coventry video where he is just walking around the pitch for ages haha

Apparently he was injured in that Coventry one, and they'd made 3 subs.

But yeah @Mad_Dog_Poggy, his last game for us was shocking.

26 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Still not as bad as Ramirez' last game for us.

Was the sending off his last game? He started that game well and the red wasn't even a foul, he dived in but missed the lad by about 5 yards

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, but right now we're looking at savings as a result of bad decisions being made. And yet those making the bad decisions keep their jobs, keep their relatively astronomical disposable income for far too long at the expense of people who can't afford not to be earning a living.

Sorry mate, but I don't think you're right to say it's not as bad as the picture being painted. The picture being painted is one that comes as a result of being run like a *** show. No, we're not the only club that does it, we're not the only business that does it, I work in an industry that is just as chop and change as football is at the highest level, where risk of the rise is constantly put before the livelihood of people who earn relatively little disposable income. How is it at all fair that we have players on our books who aren't even that good at their job who will continue to take home a slice of what's left of the pie whilst we're asking people who probably earn per annum what some of our players earn in a week to come forward for voluntary redundancy?

The one thing that is absolutely fundamental is that it comes from a choice. We don't have to be like we have been to survive and keep people in jobs. In one of the richest sports in the world, we are so happy to end up sacrificing people who might need the jobs we have in favour of those who absolutely don't need the level of money we offer them.

I think it's absolutely diabolical to justify what we're doing right now by saying "Others do it so why shouldn't we?"

Wasn't trying to justify it. More saying it how it was. 

I know some who have taken the VR. They were looking to go anyway. Those being offered VR are the ones permanently employed and are skilled workers. I feel more sorry for those that work as cleaners and in the bars etc who will just be told they aren't needed. 

I despise how football clubs are ran, they take the *** by knowing that people will want to work for them. They'll think nothing of giving a play another £1k a week but have people with degrees and masters degrees on internships. 

[Slightly off-topic, but also relevant to transfers, so bear with me]

I read earlier on here about the staff at MFC being laid off, and something has been niggling away at the back of my mind this evening.

It's just dawned on me what's been bothering me. It's shame. Shame that an institution I love, support and have handed over thousands of pounds to can behave with such minimal conscience. Shame that a supposed fulcrum of the local community continues to pay inept, incompetent failures like Rudy Gestede the UK's average annual salary every week to not play football, while laying off hard-working professionals who are probably sat at home tonight Googling Universal Credit because they're worried they'll lose their home by Christmas.

For the first time in 22 years of supporting MFC, I feel genuinely angry towards the management tonight. I can't even direct my anger towards third-rate footballers like Gestede, because quite frankly, if someone offered me £30,000 a week [figure taken from sillyseason.com] to do absolutely f**k all, I'd jump at the chance. Instead, I'm angry with Steve Gibson for allowing this omnishambles to develop on his watch. However busy he is with Bulkhaul et al, he's a lifelong Boro fan, and the club chairman. And he's putting people out of work because of several years of appalling decision-making, unnecessary signings and unjustifiable player fees.

And in a tiny, almost (but not entirely) insignificant way, I'm culpable too, because I've been on here grumbling about the fact we haven't signed a couple of wingers yet. Checking this thread every few hours to see whether the people who've now been laid off will have their next year's salary redirected towards a week's pay for some mercenary player who may or may not put in a few shifts for us this season. Wondering whether breaking the bank to bring Ryan Kent in would get us top six. Compared to being out of work, it all seems rather trite and irrelevant.

Sorry for the rant, folks. But I feel angry tonight. And I can't complain to the wife about this, because she said to me a few months ago while Transfer Deadline Day was on Sky Sports News, "this is disgusting. How can you follow a sport which is so greedy and profligate?" Tonight, possibly for the first time ever, I think I understand what she meant.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Wasn't trying to justify it. More saying it how it was. 

I know some who have taken the VR. They were looking to go anyway. Those being offered VR are the ones permanently employed and are skilled workers. I feel more sorry for those that work as cleaners and in the bars etc who will just be told they aren't needed. 

I despise how football clubs are ran, they take the *** by knowing that people will want to work for them. They'll think nothing of giving a play another £1k a week but have people with degrees and masters degrees on internships. 

Well said.  It does seem that not all of the redundancies will be voluntary though but hopefully that won't be the case and the only people who leave are happy to do so.  

32 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

[Slightly off-topic, but also relevant to transfers, so bear with me]

I read earlier on here about the staff at MFC being laid off, and something has been niggling away at the back of my mind this evening.

It's just dawned on me what's been bothering me. It's shame. Shame that an institution I love, support and have handed over thousands of pounds to can behave with such minimal conscience. Shame that a supposed fulcrum of the local community continues to pay inept, incompetent failures like Rudy Gestede the UK's average annual salary every week to not play football, while laying off hard-working professionals who are probably sat at home tonight Googling Universal Credit because they're worried they'll lose their home by Christmas.

For the first time in 22 years of supporting MFC, I feel genuinely angry towards the management tonight. I can't even direct my anger towards third-rate footballers like Gestede, because quite frankly, if someone offered me £30,000 a week [figure taken from sillyseason.com] to do absolutely f**k all, I'd jump at the chance. Instead, I'm angry with Steve Gibson for allowing this omnishambles to develop on his watch. However busy he is with Bulkhaul et al, he's a lifelong Boro fan, and the club chairman. And he's putting people out of work because of several years of appalling decision-making, unnecessary signings and unjustifiable player fees.

And in a tiny, almost (but not entirely) insignificant way, I'm culpable too, because I've been on here grumbling about the fact we haven't signed a couple of wingers yet. Checking this thread every few hours to see whether the people who've now been laid off will have their next year's salary redirected towards a week's pay for some mercenary player who may or may not put in a few shifts for us this season. Wondering whether breaking the bank to bring Ryan Kent in would get us top six. Compared to being out of work, it all seems rather trite and irrelevant.

Sorry for the rant, folks. But I feel angry tonight. And I can't complain to the wife about this, because she said to me a few months ago while Transfer Deadline Day was on Sky Sports News, "this is disgusting. How can you follow a sport which is so greedy and profligate?" Tonight, possibly for the first time ever, I think I understand what she meant.

I don't think you're culpable for that reason mate to be honest.  You might want us to sign a couple of wingers but unless you're suggesting we pay the earth for them then that's not really saying much.  The simple fact is that none of us are in a position to influence things at the club like that.  The spending by the football club over the last couple of years has been ridiculous and we've signed players for absolutely no reason at all really, making signings for the sake of making them at times it feels like.  Gibson has been quite happy to get very involved when it suited him so I don't buy the busy elsewhere stuff.  If he is that busy then you need a very good CEO and I'm trying to work out what we've got at the moment.  As far as I can see, the only people to blame for anything over the last few years have been Karanka, Orta and Monk.  I think that's bullshit quite frankly but it's not my opinion that matters, or any of us, it's solely down to Gibson.  

• Like 1