oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

I can’t remember his comments but if he did allude to us spending money and we don’t then it’s just downright stupidity. The backlash could be worse than the “smash the league” comment (which we actually tried to to spending wise). He could lose the last credibility he has. 

From what I remember, he didn't say we'd be spending money but said we have to follow FFP rules and said the club isn't broke (which looks to be false because they're making staff redundant to cut costs)

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Ash said:

From what I remember, he didn't say we'd be spending money but said we have to follow FFP rules and said the club isn't broke (which looks to be false because they're making staff redundant to cut costs)

Here are his exact words:

Q: Finances are tight, was was the thinking, 'it's time for a re-set'? 

SG: “When you say finances are tight I'm not quite sure about that but what I am quite sure about is we have rules called Financial Fair Play and off the pitch it's important every rule (is followed). If the rule is not going to be followed (then) don't have it and if the rule is there, if we have have a centre half who picks the ball up in the penalty area I don't expect the referee to ignore it. 

“If a player deceives the referee I don't expect that to be ignored. And I don't expect the EFL and other clubs to ignore Financial Fair Play. It's there, it's a rule, it's an important rule, it needs to be followed and if it's not followed sanctions must be taken against those clubs that cheat.” 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Here are his exact words:

Thanks! I knew he'd said something along those lines so my memory has served me half well for once ?

Little bit of info I received today

Round and Rosenior were interviewed, Round thought he was going to be DOF and we offered him AM.

Rosenior was offered u23 managers job which he declined (this makes sense why he has took the coaching role at Derby)

Keane was originally offered a coaching role only and he turned it down, so we went back and offered him AM role

Leo was offered GK role and he laughed and said i'll continue to manage in Brazil then, we then offered him the coaching role.

The clubs finances are poor, we need to sell before we buy or even loan anyone. The clubs are using a lot of 'buzz words' in the media but nothing is actually being implemented behind the scenes. He (my source) reckons this is a disaster waiting to happen.

As always, take this info how you wish.

4 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Little bit of info I received today

Round and Rosenior were interviewed, Round thought he was going to be DOF and we offered him AM.

Rosenior was offered u23 managers job which he declined (this makes sense why he has took the coaching role at Derby)

Keane was originally offered a coaching role only and he turned it down, so we went back and offered him AM role

Leo was offered GK role and he laughed and said i'll continue to manage in Brazil then, we then offered him the coaching role.

The clubs finances are poor, we need to sell before we buy or even loan anyone. The clubs are using a lot of 'buzz words' in the media but nothing is actually being implemented behind the scenes. He (my source) reckons this is a disaster waiting to happen.

As always, take this info how you wish.

If the bolded is true that would be seriously disappointing.

6 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Everything wrote has already been mentioned here tbh

Not the bit about the buzzwords and nothing changing behind the scenes though?

I wish someone could write down a timeline of decisions which have been made which have made us worse off. It's ridiculous to think we've gone from promotion and the mega money that brings, to now struggling to make ends meet.

The buzzwords have been really clear from the social media side - so many beyond obvious instagram posts about ‘pass and move’, ‘keeping possession’ and overall sensationalism around this ‘new’ direction the club is going in. 

You know what is really shocking, the cut Pulis will of took home from player sales could of avoided them redundancies totally. I’ll forever scratch my head in what Gibson was thinking getting conman Pulis in and sanctioning off on his signings, most of which are now inept to the ‘new direction’ e.g Flint. Was it a last desperate gamble at winning the playoffs?? 

• Like 1

Gibson took an huge huge gamble and threw everything he had at Monk in the hope of getting promoted. He panicked and sacked him prematurely thinking Pulis’s experience would do the job.

I still can’t believe how Pulis conducted the team in the playoffs v Villa. So important for the club and we didn’t even try.

1 minute ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Gibson took an huge huge gamble and threw everything he had at Monk in the hope of getting promoted. He panicked and sacked him prematurely thinking Pulis’s experience would do the job.

I still can’t believe how Pulis conducted the team in the playoffs v Villa. So important for the club and we didn’t even try.

yep, I think it was the villa games that was the straw that broke the camels back for most fans, a lot of people were putting up with him in the hope it would prove effective long term, but those were embarrassing games.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, BamfordsLeftBoot said:

The buzzwords have been really clear from the social media side - so many beyond obvious instagram posts about ‘pass and move’, ‘keeping possession’ and overall sensationalism around this ‘new’ direction the club is going in. 

You know what is really shocking, the cut Pulis will of took home from player sales could of avoided them redundancies totally. I’ll forever scratch my head in what Gibson was thinking getting conman Pulis in and sanctioning off on his signings, most of which are now inept to the ‘new direction’ e.g Flint. Was it a last desperate gamble at winning the playoffs?? 

How much do you think pulis got from player sales?

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

When all is said and done we still have a good squad compared to most teams in this league. 

Your absolutely right mate. If Woodgate can utilise this team and get them playing the way he wants then we can do well. It will be exciting to watch and also exciting to watch the youngsters come through.

The only thing that worries me is if we sell our ‘assets’ and don’t actually replace them.