oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

4 minutes ago, ABH said:

How much do you think pulis got from player sales?

A canny bit I would imagine, he had it just about every contract he’s ever had. If you think how much some of the staff are on working at the club and picture with even a small % of the Traore fee. Its not even just that supposed clause, its his wages. Looking back how effective was he for what we were paying for him. Shocking. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

If the bolded is true that would be seriously disappointing.

Yeah but I suppose it depends what it's referring to?  There's no question that the playing style has been changed so what is it that isn't being implemented behind the scenes if you see what I mean?  Are we talking about how we scout/sign players?  Are we talking coaching?  Presumably with a different coach the coaching will in turn be different.  If it relates to how we do our business and stuff then yeah it would be seriously disappointing as it would appear to suggest that the people in charge don't believe they've got anything wrong and that takes us back to Karanka, Orta and Monk seemingly being blamed for things that haven't worked out over the last couple of years.

• Like 1

I'm leaning more and more towards the necessity of new ownership. I love Gibson but to me it seems very clear that the lingering threat of Brexit is influencing how this football club is being ran.

If you look at the amount of cash weve received in from sales and from the premiership season, yes weve made poor purchases and spent money in areas we shouldnt have, but we should not be in the position we are in.

It could be wide of the mark but I think our current lack of activity is influenced more by Gibson o Neill in general rather than the football club itself. 

4 minutes ago, BamfordsLeftBoot said:

A canny bit I would imagine, he had it just about every contract he’s ever had. If you think how much some of the staff are on working at the club and picture with even a small % of the Traore fee. Its not even just that supposed clause, its his wages. Looking back how effective was he for what we were paying for him. Shocking. 

We sold about £50m worth of players under pulis and he supposedly got 8% of that which is about £4m(he didn’t by the way). Add that to he’s wages and that he’s had the same clause in he’s contract at he’s other clubs he must be worth more than Gibson. Yet he’s net worth is around £4m.

8 minutes ago, ABH said:

We sold about £50m worth of players under pulis and he supposedly got 8% of that which is about £4m(he didn’t by the way). Add that to he’s wages and that he’s had the same clause in he’s contract at he’s other clubs he must be worth more than Gibson. Yet he’s net worth is around £4m.

How do you know what his net worth is?  How do you know what he got from the club?  Why don't you tell us how much he got in his time at the club if you have some knowledge of it?

21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm leaning more and more towards the necessity of new ownership. I love Gibson but to me it seems very clear that the lingering threat of Brexit is influencing how this football club is being ran.

If you look at the amount of cash weve received in from sales and from the premiership season, yes weve made poor purchases and spent money in areas we shouldnt have, but we should not be in the position we are in.

It could be wide of the mark but I think our current lack of activity is influenced more by Gibson o Neill in general rather than the football club itself. 

I agree with you mate. Going through very basically what we've sold/bought, prem money etc we should be on a fairly even keel. I just dont understand how we are so badly out of funds. Could it be more the cash flow people were talking about?  I've sure we've all been in the position of being skint the last week or so before we get paid, or possibly money has been siphoned out of the club? 

I appreciate all the ikn info and rumours on here but I'm personally just burying my head in the sand and hoping its dud information from the same source. Gibsons added statement when asked about the finances alluding to the fact we weren't skint just seemed unnecessary if we really are. He could have just said nothing. 

49 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The Gibson O'Neill group as a whole in the last published accounts (the 12 months upto June 2018) it's entire turnover dropped by about £40 Million (12-15%). But the group comprises of the football club, rockcliffe and Bulkhaul. Bulkhaul actually posted an increase in turnover of over £10 Million, so I don't think at the moment Brexit is affecting our decisions. To add to that Bulkhaul makes something like 2/3rds of the groups total turnover.

Where the group are failing in terms of dropping turnover and losses is the football side of things. From the accounts upto June 2017 to June 2018 the turnover dropped from £120 Million to £60 Million (approximate figures).

We have failed incredibly at managing the football clubs finances, by attempting to throw money at the problem (Monk), then getting spooked and bringing in Pulis. We are now lumbered with a squad that has massive depth in some areas and no depth at all in others, an aging squad and a lot of players on huge wages with little or no chance of moving them on due to that.

• Like 1

Never bought into all the interviews and training videos anyway, heard and seen it all before. 

So far we’ve seen nothing different than the norm. Rookie (cheap) manager appointed, transfer window seems to be  another ground hog day. It’s just another summer of saying one thing and doing another.

^ How can you say that?

The team is playing visibly very different

The type of training is glaringly different (I didn't see a single bike ride, did you?)

The transfer window is different in that we're not willing to overpay anymore

This is just typical Teesside pessimism.. looking for reasons and excuses to bash the club.

• Like 2

If you earn say £2000 per month but you're spending £4000 per month then you're buggered unless you have a lot of savings.  If you don't have a lot of savings then you either need to increase your income or decrease your spending and even if you do have savings, if you're sensible you're going to do one or both of those things.  We are obviously trying to do both at the moment.  The issue for us right now is that our wage bill is about twice as much as the total income the club will make over the coming season (not counting transfer activity).  So, before a ball is even kicked we're up against it a bit.  We'll have transfer fees coming in from the sales we made recently of course so that's going to help but it's still a heck of a lot of money to find and it's completely unsustainable if we are unable to reduce the wage bill significantly.  If Gibson has made the decision to sort this out then he's made the right choice, it just shouldn't have been allowed to get to this point but he was obviously gambling on getting promotion again.  Nobody can really complain if we're waiting to sell before we buy because we can't just continue to add to the squad.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

^ How can you say that?

The type of training is glaringly different (I didn't see a single bike ride, did you?)

This is just typical Teesside pessimism.. looking for reasons and excuses to bash the club.

We couldn't afford to rent the bikes ?

Just to add to my previous post.

Gibson is obviously a very savvy businessman if you look at just Bulkhaul's performances. But as a football man he is seriously lacking, again just looking at the clubs performance indicates this. The sooner him and Bauser take back seats and let actual football people have input and say on how the club is run the better.

Just look at Liverpool for example under Hodgson and Rodgers the owners took a very involved approach. Since Klopp has come in they have taken a back seat and football people have been brought in to run the club. And it has worked wonders, they are signing players that fit a certain profile and playing style rather than what each manager wants.

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

^ How can you say that?

Wow a football team went to a training ground and played football, cutting edge stuff.

Why does it have to be ‘typical pessimism’? We have messed up badly and are seeing the results of it, that is just a fact. Am I not allowed to give my opinion on that? 

23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

How do you know what his net worth is?

I googled it

How do you know what he got from the club?

I don’t and I’m not claiming I do know.

Why don't you tell us how much he got in his time at the club if you have some knowledge of it?

When it was posted on here that pulis had a clause in he’s contract that he got a % of players sales it was said it was the same as the clause Holloway had with Blackpool. So I looked into the clause Holloway had and  Holloway did an article about he’s and guess what? He didn’t get a % of all players sales like some people seem to believe.