oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

3 minutes ago, king boro said:

Chien lee wanted to invest in boro but steve gibson said no hes the richest owner in the league and owns barnsley https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/24/steve-gibson-chinese-investment-middlesbrough

I didn't necessarily mean foreign investment, just someone who wants to invest in the club.  It won't happen and just feeling narked as we as a club are struggling.  Its.horrivle having to reset again and again

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Maybe if steve gibson would of let chien lee invest into the club we wont of got relegated from premier and even if did get relegated we might of been able to keep gibson traore bamford i dont think steve gibson will regret this decision at all he likes to run the club the way he likes it  

8 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Keep your hair on man.

I never once said 'its my priority'. I have been following Boro since Ayresome park and have experienced pain before.  As for keeping our identity, by that you mean the feast to famine of how we have been operating for a good number of years.  Well I disagree, I don't want my club to do that.  I also didn't mention a foreign investor, I also never said I want instand success.  Wrong end of stick and manipulating words come to mind.  Out club is a joke at the moment, I'm actually glad woody is head coach, I can't wait for the season to start but the fact that we are having to sell before we can buy (AGAIN) is a tad frustrating, I'm a project manager and we have a thing called 'lessons learned' after a project.  The club need to give it a go as we fail over and over again.  

But yeah let's keep doing it mate, as long as we keep our identity, we won't have a bloody club if we carry on like this.

So why is our club a joke? We are an average championship club, adapting to life without parachute payments and not trying to gamble with FFP. I think you are massively overreacting, if anything this period is protecting our future by being sensible. An invester would still need to work within FFP and would only bring uncertainty

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Is he though? Or is he just trying to create a sustainably ran club that fits within FFP in a reality without parachute payments

I like your thinking but money talks, let's be honest. The championship owners are now quite a rich bunch.  We are falling behind now, I really hope that we do well with the young lads this season, it would be great.  

• Like 1

I feel your pain as many other boro fans about the reset button every season how many more soul destroying managers will we get like pulis every season while steve gibson is chairman we might see many more pulis destroyers come to rip the heart out of every boro fans souls 

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

So why is our club a joke? We are an average championship club, adapting to life without parachute payments and not trying to gamble with FFP. I think you are massively overreacting, if anything this period is protecting our future by being sensible. An invester would still need to work within FFP and would only bring uncertainty

Over reacting?  It's an internet forum mate.  Our club is a joke as we have reset so many times and made so many mistakes.  That is ridiculous, read back at some of the other chaps posts about Tony Pullis and his cut of money, all the sugar coated nonsense we get, deep down mate we are a bit of a joke.

• Like 1
Just now, boro_fan_in_brum said:

I like your thinking but money talks, let's be honest. The championship owners are now quite a rich bunch.  We are falling behind now, I really hope that we do well with the young lads this season, it would be great.  

Of the teams that went up last season, only one of them were free spending. I would prefer stability and building a squad and identity the right way and I don't mind if that takes a few years.

For the record I wasn't accusing you of being ridiculous but just commenting on the general consensus that we need big spending and instant success

Just now, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Over reacting?  It's an internet forum mate.  Our club is a joke as we have reset so many times and made so many mistakes.  That is ridiculous, read back at some of the other chaps posts about Tony Pullis and his cut of money, all the sugar coated nonsense we get, deep down mate we are a bit of a joke.

We are no different to any other club

7 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

You reckon?  I'll just leave this here.  We do some very silly things.  

We really don't, no club is perfect. Very few managerial choices work out in football hence the big turn over of managers generally and yet for a club with a relatively small fanbase we have stayed within the top 2 leagues consistently.

In a time where bigger clubs like Leeds, Sheff Wed etc have struggled we have still had success and promotions. We are in a better position than most, loads of teams would love our chairman and our record

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

If your priority is us getting investment and spending money, then you completely don't get what our club is about. I would rather stay in the championship for ten years with ups and downs and keep our identity under Gibson than sell out to a foreign investor.

The need for instant success is ridiculous

What is our identity? 

Steve Gibson got married this weekend and had a big bash at rockliffe. Probably explains where all the money has gone. Ronan Keating wouldn’t have come cheap. Who needs an attacking midfielder when you can have the musical genius that is Mr Keating. ?

1 hour ago, "KM" said:

Steve Gibson got married this weekend and had a big bash at rockliffe. Probably explains where all the money has gone. Ronan Keating wouldn’t have come cheap. Who needs an attacking midfielder when you can have the musical genius that is Mr Keating. ?

If it was anyone else KM, I would think your last sentence was sarcastic. However I entirely believe that you see Ronan Keating as a musical genius.

• Haha 3