Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I thought Moses Odubajo was out of contract and wouldn’t have minded a punt on him for RB. Seems pacey when I’ve seen him and sure he was in the England youth set ups

He was but was training with Sheff Wed for weeks before signing. Agree he would have been a decent option. Is starting to seem like it's a case if one in, one out.

I just want the season to start. After watching Poolis then this window its soul destroying.

Hopefully we can get excited about the football we are trying to play and maybe one or two of the youngsters looking really good.

• Like 1

I think we're going to be left short again like previous transfer windows. Can see one or two of our big earners moving on to balance the books with very little coming in. It's going to be a season of promoting within and fans left thinking what could have been (again). 

3 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I think we're going to be left short again like previous transfer windows. Can see one or two of our big earners moving on to balance the books with very little coming in. It's going to be a season of promoting within and fans left thinking what could have been (again). 

I understand the need to balance the books but it doesn't make it any less frustrating :classic_dry:

5 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Agreed, very frustrating but necessary I guess. Just gotta hope Woody gets us playing well with whatever squad we're left with.

As it stands at the moment, if we keep our current players and hang on to the likes of Assombalonga, Braithwaite and Randolph, I think we're actually in pretty good shape.

We're obviously short out wide, with a lack of wingers and fullbacks. But it depends on what system we're planning on using. Forgive me as I've been busy, but I haven't seen much of Boro's pre-season so I'm not sure what system Woodgate is planning on utilising, but if he's using a 4-3-3, we could get away with out current forward line of Braithwaite / Assombalonga / Fletcher. That front three has enough pace and trickery to harm any squad in the Championship.

My biggest concern is fullback, and after seeing Sam Byram go for just £750k yesterday, I'd purely concentrate on getting a new LB and RB as a priority. If we do that my starting line up would be;

Randolph,

New RB/ Ayala/ Fry/ New LB

Howson/ McNair / Wing

Fletcher/ Britt/ Braithwaite.

That side's good enough for promotion imo, and if coached properly, and under good management is arguably still one of the best in the league. 

Pulis ridiculed the squad to mitigate for his own shortcomings as manager, and people still seem to believe that our squad is relegation fodder. Whether this season is a success or not will come down to whether Woodgate can get the best out of our current squad. 

We've got a good crop of youngsters to fill the gaps in the squad, so I'd honestly be happy if we just retained the players that we have, and made some shrewd loan signings maybe out wide, with a new RB/LB.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

As it stands at the moment, if we keep our current players and hang on to the likes of Assombalonga, Braithwaite and Randolph, I think we're actually in pretty good shape.

We're obviously short out wide, with a lack of wingers and fullbacks. But it depends on what system we're planning on using. Forgive me as I've been busy, but I haven't seen much of Boro's pre-season so I'm not sure what system Woodgate is planning on utilising, but if he's using a 4-3-3, we could get away with out current forward line of Braithwaite / Assombalonga / Fletcher. That front three has enough pace and trickery to harm any squad in the Championship.

My biggest concern is fullback, and after seeing Sam Byram go for just £750k yesterday, I'd purely concentrate on getting a new LB and RB as a priority. If we do that my starting line up would be;

Randolph,

New RB/ Ayala/ Fry/ New LB

Howson/ McNair / Wing

Fletcher/ Britt/ Braithwaite.

That side's good enough for promotion imo, and if coached properly, and under good management is arguably still one of the best in the league. 

Pulis ridiculed the squad to mitigate for his own shortcomings as manager, and people still seem to believe that our squad is relegation fodder. Whether this season is a success or not will come down to whether Woodgate can get the best out of our current squad. 

We've got a good crop of youngsters to fill the gaps in the squad, so I'd honestly be happy if we just retained the players that we have, and made some shrewd loan signings maybe out wide, with a new RB/LB.

See I'm not actually as fussed about full back. I'd quite like to see Coulson, Reading and Spence given a shot there, at least initially.

I'm more concerned about the pace in the team from the wide areas. We have none. 

Fair enough mate, and you're right about the crop of youngsters we have at fullback. If we gave them a chance there I'm all for that, but I worry we'll be starting with Friend and Shotton there.

Saying that we could do a lot worse than keeping the Yorkshire Cafu in his RB bearth.

I think Fletcher and Braithwaite (IF we keep him which we might not) can provide pace out wide, with Tav obviously available too. Don't get me wrong I think we would definitely benefit from strengthening out wide, but don't think its terminal. 

5 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

See I'm not actually as fussed about full back. I'd quite like to see Coulson, Reading and Spence given a shot there, at least initially.

I'm more concerned about the pace in the team from the wide areas. We have none. 

Marvin Johnson is fast! And I'm only half kidding...

17 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I reckon LB is fine as I think Coulson is very good and Friend as a second choice there is good enough but even with Spence I reckon we still need another RB

think we'll start with

Randolph

Howson Ayala Flint Coulson/Reading

Clayton

Wing           Saville

Tav                   Fletcher

Britt    

6 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

think we'll start with

Randolph

Howson Ayala Flint Coulson/Reading

Clayton

Wing           Saville

Tav                   Fletcher

Britt    

Certainly should be good enough for a top 10 finish and hopefully some goals I'd say. 

• Like 1