oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

5 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

So how exactly are the likes of Leeds throwing money around when we can't? 

Richer owners and couldn't give a monkeys about FFP

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Will said:

I'd imagine it's more to do with the fact their wage bill is tiny compared to ours.

Gibson invests up to the absolute maximum the rules allow him to every year, what would you have him do differently?

Employ  people that spend his money better.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Ambition. 

With a forward 4 costing 37 million I don't think ambition is quite the right word KM. We are paying the price of the misguided backing of Monk and to a degree Pulis. I don't think we will move forward as some would like until Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Flint and Fletcher are moved on. They are the long term liabilities that need addressing. 

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

With a forward 4 costing 37 million I don't think ambition is quite the right word KM. We are paying the price of the misguided backing of Monk and to a degree Pulis. I don't think we will move forward as some would like until Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Flint and Fletcher are moved on. They are the long term liabilities that need addressing. 

Probably is the wrong word; pardon me.

But Leeds United remind me now of where we were with Karanka. He's raised the levels at the club with everyone pulling together in the same direction. Can see them going up this season.

You're right; don't think we are going to do any meaningful business until the big earners go. 

It's just so frustrating watching the clock tick knowing that we have so much to do!

12 minutes ago, Boro 86 said:

Richer owners and couldn't give a monkeys about FFP

they're also offloading players to make space in the budget.. literally just sold Jansson for 6m and Clark for 10m..

6 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

Employ  people that spend his money better.

As would I, but that isn't really relevant to the point @"KM" was making

35 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

they're also offloading players to make space in the budget.. literally just sold Jansson for 6m and Clark for 10m..

This. And Costa is a loan for first year. Harrison, CB from Brighton and Clarke are all loans also. So technically they not spent any of the £16m they got this summer.

Lot of people seemingly putting the full blame on Monk and Pulis for our transfer dealings over last couple of years, for me the culpability always needs to be with the people who are making and executing these deals. They’ve paid overinflated fees and overinflated wages, that can only be the fault of Gibson, Bausor and the recruitment team.

• Like 1

A match made in heaven..

Seen a clip of the big man v Pools. He's one man who won't be able to fit in this new adventurous system so he is one who I would have no problem with selling...

3 minutes ago, "KM" said:

A match made in heaven..

Seen a clip of the big man v Pools. He's one man who won't be able to fit in this new adventurous system so he is one who I would have no problem with selling...

Warnock. Of course he wants flint ?

Flint might do well for Warnock so long as he doesn't have another stinker of a season. Match made in heaven. Let's just hope he does actually fetch us some decent money. He absolutely doesn't fit into what we're trying to do.

I was really excited when we bought flint I thought hed be great for us. But after last season and what we're trying to do now and his play style...I think it might be good for himself and his career as well as for us to move on. Try and get 5m and run

I mean as long as it's around 5m I'd say sell, we bought him for that rising to 7m with add-ons, so hopefully those add-ons weren't met. If it's for about 3m I'd say keep, I just have a feeling he'd do alright for us.