oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I’ve got to say, I really couldn’t care less if Saville went. Have yet to see any signs of what he brings. A very poor piece of business. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, CWC said:

I’ve got to say, I really couldn’t care less if Saville went. Have yet to see any signs of what he brings. A very poor piece of business. 

it's not the loss of any of the new buys it's the blatant waste of money that really grips my SHSHSHSHSHSt

18 minutes ago, SmogInSheff said:

I get the feeling that all of our managers in recent times bar maybe mogga have ignored the scouting team, strachan, karanka, dodgy monk, pulis all brought their own players in and the ones brought in by the club/chairman just didn't get played. 

I think Woody will be completely different and we may change our opinions on the scouting recruitment team. Here's hoping anyway. 

It was lucky (unlucky) that pulis 3 permanent signings where all players the club had been scouting for year and tried to sign before pulis came to the club.?

Just now, Lurker said:

McNair wasn’t Pulis’ signing.

Other 2 were. 

Mat least we now have clarity with who’s signing players. A committee of 5 people!

Well yeah McNair can't have been as Pulis hardly played him.  I thought someone on here had suggested Flint wasn't one of his either, which surprised me a bit.  Might have SDS who said that actually?

The amount of money we have wasted as in totally utterly wasted is staggering.

Gestede £6m plus 2.5 years wages - £8m

Fletcher £7m plus 2 years wages -£10m?

Downing £7m plus 4 years wages £15m?

Hugill £2m plus a season wage £3m?

Saville £7m plus a seasons wage £8m?

McNair £5m plus a seasons wage £6.5m?

Guedioura £3-4m?

Braithwaite £9m not sure how his wage worked when on loan, say £12m

Marvin Johnson £2.5m plus a seasons wage £3m

Thats £70m worth of players since January 2017 who have either barely played or made a negligible difference when they have. I’ve probably even missed some out aswell.

Didnt include the likes of flint as even if we have over paid he still did almost a full season for us in a strong defence.

I included downing and fletcher because although they played plenty, their return hasn’t came close to justifying the outlay.

8 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Mine changed a long time ago, I think he genuinely cares and he's doing his best but I think he's out of his depth in modern day football. 

And yeah I agree with you that we don't always get the full truth out of the club.

re Gibson, im now finding myself leaning to a mix of your opinion and CT,s.   possibly looking back im now pretty sure him and AK maybe started crossing swords through the jordan rhodes on/off transfer saga where one of them wanted him and the other didnt  then Downings return a year later confirmed to me that Gibson was meddling in the wrong end of transfers ..ie ..initiating them rather than having the say in  the contract side of things, add to that the gazettegate   its hard to not  begin looking behind his hero image  from the good times of his tenure. 

but deep down im certain he does have an undying affection for the club ,thats not in doubt. 

1 minute ago, Essuuaitch said:

re Gibson, im now finding myself leaning to a mix of your opinion and CT,s.   possibly looking back im now pretty sure him and AK maybe started crossing swords through the jordan rhodes on/off transfer saga where one of them wanted him and the other didnt  then Downings return a year later confirmed to me that Gibson was meddling in the wrong end of transfers ..ie ..initiating them rather than having the say in  the contract side of things, add to that the gazettegate   its hard to not  begin looking behind his hero image  from the good times of his tenure. 

but deep down im certain he does have an undying affection for the club ,thats not in doubt. 

This is exactly what I think aswell. 

I think his heart is in the right place but he is sticking his oar in, Ive said before that the Assombalonga signing stinks of being a ‘Gibson special’.

I also agree that the downing and Rhodes situations started karankas decline, the promotion season never felt the same as the play off season did. I also got the impression there were 2 factions behind the scenes fighting over transfers (even before Orta joined). The targets and signings just seemed a mish mash and never seemed to fit into any ‘plan’.

My theory is Karanka was angry that we missed out on targets in the summer but was told to hold out till January. This I believe is the explanation for his overly cautious approach, either way he had us out of the bottom 3. 

The promised January targets never materialised and instead he got 2 joke signings and bamford, causing the sarcastic comments in a post match interview about ‘championship standard players’.

It was then he knew we were F’d and the melt down began. That’s my theory of how our crap recruitment team ruined the best chance we had of establishing our selves back in the premiership. Funny how Leeds seem happy enough with Orta, he’s even kept Bielsa happy by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I just can't believe that Gary Gill went from 'expert summariser' at BBC Tees (co-commentator really) to our Head European Scout. Laughable. 

true, hes benefitted from overratedness  in all his levels  starting as a player .

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I just can't believe that Gary Gill went from 'expert summariser' at BBC Tees (co-commentator really) to our Head European Scout. Laughable. 

Jobs for the boys. 

• Haha 1

At least we can all look forward now in the knowledge that only 80% of our new recruitment committee where involved in last seasons transfers ?

• Wow 1

dont want all my posts to be grumpy so to  maybe give an optomistic  view on the coming season theres no reason even without any actual signings that we cant have a competetive team  just with 2 0r 3 loans.  Derby did ok last season with in the main  relying on  thier loanees  for impetus or being thier stand out performers.   

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well yeah McNair can't have been as Pulis hardly played him.  I thought someone on here had suggested Flint wasn't one of his either, which surprised me a bit.  Might have SDS who said that actually?

Flint was due to sign season before under Monk but Monk changed his mind and that was that.